Diablo® III

Does having high MF affect quality of drops?

I been farming with 13% MF base, and 88% MF with 5 stacks. I been getting some pretty ****ty items this patch. Does having high MF affect the quality of the drops, or does it just affect the drop rate of magic items?
Edited by Targaryen#1482 on 6/23/2012 1:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Human Rogue
read the tooltip
Reply Quote
I recently boosted my MF from ~75% to ~175%. With 5 NV stacks I've gotten more legendaries, plans (tier 1; exalted), my first ever set item (Act 1 Inferno farming).
Reply Quote
1. Monster dies.
2. Rolled monster drops item.
3. Rng decides ilvl of item.
4. Rng decides magical quality (legendary/rare/magic/superior/normal/crude). [This is the only step that MF affects.]
5. Rng decides affixes and affix values.
Reply Quote
1. Monster dies.
4. Rng decides magical quality (legendary/rare/magic/superior/normal/crude). [This is the only step that MF affects.]
Reply Quote
1. Monster dies.

Completely wrong.

MF does NOT affect quality. It affects quantity. Numbers are per-determined immediately when the item is dropped.

Nvm, you meant rare vs legendary etc.
Edited by Bodom#1331 on 6/23/2012 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wrong bodom.

Magic Find in Diablo III

Magic Find increases the odds for found items (from monsters or objects) to be "higher quality". Higher quality items are more likely to be magical, rare, set, or legendary, with different odds for each type of item depending on the Monster Level dropping the item and the player's Magic Find percentage. Magic Find doesn't make items with higher item level to drop since monsters have a set of items they're capable of dropping (eg. the highest tier of items will only drop from monsters with Monster Level 63) nor does it increase the quantity of items dropped.

Read that again. MF affects the QUALITY of weapons dropped.
Reply Quote
Nope there was blue post specifically saying "Quality" is effect...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]