Diablo® III

Starter Edition when i have bought the game!?

i need help,
i have bought the standard edition of diablo 3 via digital copy but is says i have a starter edition
which means i cant go pass the the first boss "skeleton king" i have tried everything i could think of
PLEASE any help will be appreciated and i dont want my money to be wasted
your sincerely NoComment
Reply Quote
Thanks, You are a big help :D
Edited by NoComment#6772 on 6/23/2012 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In fact I have bought the hard copy from retail shop and still have the same problem.......why...?
Reply Quote
In fact i waited 71hrs and 55min, still have no exp and stuck at level 13,
guess ill wait 5 min more to reach 72hrs.
the weird part is that i can go public game, can go AH, just my character is stuck at level 13
Edited by tryhard#6831 on 6/24/2012 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911721680

However, as an unintended consequence of these security measures, players who purchase the game digitally after patch 1.0.3 are temporarily being capped at level 13 and not able to proceed beyond Act I. We are working to correct this as soon as possible and will provide another update when we have more details to share.

It's a bug :(
Reply Quote
Paid £45 to be told I'd completed the Starter Edition.

Err, bollocks to that sir.
Reply Quote
Same thing for me, just bought a digital copy and now locked out. Not happy blizzard.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Please ensure you read the sticky up top about new purchase restrictions. They did not mean to limit leveling and content but did mean to limit some other things to keep out gold spammers/hackers.

It does not always take 72 hours but it can...there is no easy way to check the progress but you can try the steps below.

1. Check your bank transaction. Pending means it is still in process. Completed means the bank is done with it.
2. Check the Blizzard purchase status - Anything other than completed is still in process.
3. IF both the above are done then try logging out of game and resetting your password via Account Mgt. This can force an account data refresh.
4. After the password reset kill SK again.

It is a weekend though which may account for slower processing times for payments. Banks and financial institutions do not always have weekend processing.
Reply Quote
Please ensure you read the sticky up top about new purchase restrictions. They did not mean to limit leveling and content but did mean to limit some other things to keep out gold spammers/hackers.

It does not always take 72 hours but it can...there is no easy way to check the progress but you can try the steps below.

1. Check your bank transaction. Pending means it is still in process. Completed means the bank is done with it.
2. Check the Blizzard purchase status - Anything other than completed is still in process.
3. IF both the above are done then try logging out of game and resetting your password via Account Mgt. This can force an account data refresh.
4. After the password reset kill SK again.

It is a weekend though which may account for slower processing times for payments. Banks and financial institutions do not always have weekend processing.

Holyjesus thanks. The password reset helped.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Yay!!! It seems that they are slow at updating your account information when the transaction completes. The password reset forces that to happen. Of course, you have to kill SK again but he deserves it!
Reply Quote
That's lovely, but I've played through the Skeleton King arc six times in the last three days while hoping the game would finally realize that I paid for the privilege play it through and stop treating my like I'd only downloaded the trial version. If I have to do it all again every time I want to check if they've finally updated their system . . .

I'm trying to think of a worse initial gaming experience than this that I've had but this is hard to beat.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
So Minty.. did you log out and do the password reset part? That is the most important issue here. Once the transaction is done it forces an account data reset that unlocks it.
Reply Quote
I did, actually, right after posting here, and my game was finally working properly when I went back in. But now I wish I'd tested it again first before changing my password to see if they'd managed to un-bungle things without your bit of troubleshooting. That way I'd be able to tell you with more certainty that it was your advice that helped. Alas . . .

I do appreciate your interest and input though. So thanks. :P
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
"Reset your password" is the new "get an authenticator" heh.

From what I can tell, even though the transaction is finished the account status is very slow to update. Doing the password reset forces a data refresh so that you now properly show as completed and can play. I really hope they fix the content/leveling restrictions tomorrow so other new players do not go through at least that frustration.
Reply Quote
yey i get to only play till act 1 and to lvl 13, when i have 2 lvl 60s and 2 lvl 40s!!!!! fun times and thank you for the awesome opportunity to go play another game blizzard.
Reply Quote
Reset password works - I've done it already when my account was limited.

It will ONLY work if your payment has went through. If you paid through paypal check the payment if its listed as pending or canceled you're not going to get access until that is fixed.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
They removed the leveling and content restrictions to new digital purchases the last patch so this sounds very strange. The only accounts that should still have those are guest passes that have not been upgraded. In which case the advice Auriel gives is accurate. Verify the upgrade transaction is done then reset the password while logged out.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 7/2/2012 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
im having a problem where i bought the full diablo 3 game on a disk but when i play it i cant play with my friend because it says i still have the starter edition please help
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]