Diablo® III

Starter Edition when i have bought the game!?

Support Forum Agent
mole,

I see the game was purchased digitally back in May of last year. I've issued a reset to the account which usually clears this up but it's odd it would have been in that state for so long. See if it works now and if not, you'll want to submit a support ticket to have it looked at. You say you bought a disk version but that contradicts the info I see on the account, You'll need to provide the authentication key that came in the box in your ticket, but DON'T POST IT HERE.
Reply Quote
4 Worgen Hunter
so what if I bought the physical copy from the store?? im stuck in starter edition and did the password reset and nothing has worked. any help???
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
If you bought it from the store and applied the key then it SHOULD upgrade your game. Doing the password change forces the account to update all the data which usually fixes the issue. Frustrating that it did not work.

Does it say you have the full version when you log into Account Management here on the website? If so - great! At least you have a good CD Key! At this point, you will probably have to submit a ticket letting them know that you applied the key and upgraded your account to full, but that when you log in you are still stuck in Starter Edition. They work 24/7 and can assist with this. If you wait until 10am PST the Live Chat and Phone options also open up which can be faster for your issue. You get to those options through the ticket system.
Reply Quote
hey everyone i just bought diablo 3 after trying the demo and loving it but when i started playing yesterday on my level 22 it said i had the starter edition i bought it of battle net i could really use some help
Edited by LucasWils#1443 on 1/24/2014 5:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
01/24/2014 05:08 AMPosted by Lucaswils
hey everyone i just bought diablo 3 after trying the demo and loving it but when i started playing yesterday on my level 22 it said i had the starter edition i bought it of battle net i could really use some help

It will take up to 72 hours for the social and economic restrictions to dissapear from a new digital purchase. It just depends on how fast your bank gets the money to Blizzard. The upgrade/starter notification will persist until that time. The leveling cap goes away immediately though.

As long as you can level past 13 (and can still access that character and content today), then you are fine. The rest of the indicators and restrictions will drop off once they get your payment.
Reply Quote
OK my friend has just bought the full version of diablo 3 from amazon and has installed it but is having the starter edition problem. i have looked on battle.net to send a ticket and just keep getting the run around as the ticket button is always grayed out along with the phone call back and live chat so we are getting nowhere fast please please please help as its driving him nuts and in turn he is driving me nuts thanks in advance swift out....
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
If he got the game from Amazon he will have to enter the game code himself into Account Management. There should be a button there on the main Account Management page that lets him add game keys. Once he does that, the game should allow him access to normal content. He should make sure he is logged out of the game when he adds the key or it will delay the update.

If he has issues after that he can use this shortcut. https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/solution/d3/288 Tickets can be submitted 24/7 and Live Chat and Phone Callback are open 10am-6pm PST. When open those buttons will turn blue on that shortcut.
Reply Quote
Except that it's still happening and the date for me is September 2014.....
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Close the game and launcher then go to account management and change your password. That should force an account data refresh and resolve any flagging issues.
Reply Quote
downloaded starter pack and bought hard copy at a retail store still says starter, and cannot pass level 13
Reply Quote
Does anyone know if this starter edition crap has been fixed? Bought diablo 3 and the Reaper Souls one as well. But don't want to open the reapers one, because I am afraid it will tell me some bull !@#$ similar to this one. Pretty upset with this, if anyone has any advice towards this problem. Please comment, thank you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]