Diablo® III

Does SharpShooter show ACTUAL DPS?

My friend says that it's mathematically correct for his sharpshooter dps to be his actual fighting dps.. so what is his actual dps?
Reply Quote
?
Reply Quote
your friend is correct, about his first shot. after that the crit chance resets and his damage display will be half of what it was before. Crits do 2x damage. his actual dps wont change cuz of Sharpshooter.
Reply Quote
Tl:DR : your friend is wrong.
Reply Quote
So if I ask what his dps is.. then it is correct to say his unbuffed dps ?
Reply Quote
Tell him to turn off sharpshooter and pick a better passive.

That's my advice.
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
sharpshooter makes your crit chance 100%. if it remained 100%, that would be your dps. once you crit, sharpshooter resets, so your dps (and the dps on your character sheet) will go down. effectively, no, you won't always get that high dps. Especialy if your base crit chance is fairly low, sharpshooter really exaggerates your dps. once your build up your crit chance a bit, ss becomes pretty useless and most people stop using it.
Reply Quote
Sharpshooter is just an epeen measurement for a select group of DH. Its not even that good of a passive in decent gear.
Edited by Bludvein#1217 on 6/24/2012 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
33 Human Warlock
These posts are wrong. Sharpshooter doesnt reset until 1 second AFTER your first hit. That means you should do as many hits as you can in that 1 second window. For massive burst damage. This is why nether tentacles hitting multiple times was a big deal. Multishotting packs with sharpshooter is good also.
Reply Quote
Unless you have terrible base crit chance, it's not a big deal. if you have 40% crit chance, plenty of crits will come. 1 in the beginning is meaningless. If you fire 1.5 times per second and crit every 2.5 shots, you should be critting every couple seconds anyway.
Reply Quote
Yes, it shows the correct dps if you switch it on and then look after about 2 seconds of build up time.
Reply Quote
sharpshooter is trash with decent gear. and the way it messed up my dps number was annoying, so i'm glad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]