Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
THIS GUIDE DOES NOT APPLY TO MELEE WIZARDS.
Been getting alot of request for gearing guide. Gonna go straight to the point, if you want to reach top dps and have top survival, gear like this, secret is out, simplified.
Available dps attributes (in order of importance)
1. Crit chance
2. Crit DMG
Gearing for Top DPS
Pieces that contribute most crit chance:
Rings: 4.5% x2
Pieces that contribute the most crit dmg:
Wpn: up to 200% (100% + sock gem 100%)
Gloves: up to 50%
Rings: 34% x2
Pieces that contribute the most IAS:
WPN: 12% and multiplicative
Rings: 9% x2
Pieces that contribute the most Int:
1. CC > CD > IAS > INT, focus on maxing out as much dps attributes on available pieces.
2. Take advantage of special dps attributes allocation as the following:
a. WPN with high crit CD + soc
b. Necklace with high crit + crit CD
c. Gloves with High crit + crit CD, ias optional
d. Source with high dmg + high Crit.
e. Rings with high ias + crit chance.
f. Helm with high crit + int.
g. Bracers with high crit + int
Gearing for Top Defense
-take advantage of dps attributes allocation on different pieces, and for the pieces that do not have alot of dps attributes available, focus on maxing out defense.
Available def attributes (no order of importance, because every attribute is important to get max effective health)
2. All res
3. HP (vit + % life)
Pieces that has the least amount of DPS attributes (only int available):
1. Chest Armor
Follow the following simple tips on reaching max effective health while max dps:
1. Armor to res ratio 10:1, so if u have 5k armor, u should have 500 all res.
2. get as much HP as you can obviously, but have armor and res in check first.
3. Chest and pants should have 3 and 2 socks respectively for int gems to max dps.
4. Boots should always have 10%-12% run speed, non-optional
1. Max dps by acquiring pieces with the most dps attributes.
2. Max def by acquiring pieces with the least dps attributes, and focus on def attributes.
3. Do not acquire pieces that are mixed between the two, for example: Bracers wth 120 int, 100 vit, and 60 all res, BUT WITHOUT crit. But if you can afford a piece with both max dps and max defense attributes, then do so.
4. Drop those low lvl legendaries with ias, or ms, srsly.
That's it, happy hunting.
Edited by CKbrah#1954 on 7/5/2012 6:28 PM PDT
I did not see anything for Life on hit or on kill. I have been using SME tank wiz build and seems to be working well but is big on life on hit as that keeps you up and swinging alot.
Also what about any regen of power or power on crits etc?
^For white garbage monsters, sure, what do you do for Bosses and champs? Write your own guide and don't jump all over someone's attempt to help the community.
I try not to get into melee builds because a wizard is a wizard, it's meant to be a range nuke class. I foreseen somewhere down the road blizz will nerf something and make melee builds less appealing.
Now if we could only get people to price that gear appropriately on the gold auction house :D
ya, no doubt, all gear are pricey now days, but this guide tells you wat ur priorities are, and wat stats u should be looking for.
thanks for guide.
it's better to stack as much Hp as possible.
Helpful guide, thanks.
no on the pants.
Do not acquire pieces that are mixed between the two, for example: Bracers wth 120 int, 100 vit, and 60 all res.
What's the point of this? I understand that you want to maximize defensive stats on pieces that don't have Crit or IAS capabilities, but why would you stay away from pieces that have both defensive and offensive stats (if you can get it for the right value). I would rather have bracers with 120 int, 100 vit, 60 AR, than bracers with 140int, 0 vit and 60AR.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.