Diablo® III

People being banned for using Linux....

Blizzard doesn't care. It sucks, but they really don't. The only thing you can do is not play with a Linux os.
90 Troll Mage
06/25/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Prometheus
Honestly? What I think? The OP has 40 friends who all play on Linux... sounds like a farming operation to me via the Linux OS. There is more to this story than a simple OS compatibility issue.

ROFL. Yes, Linux is the preferred kernel for gold farmers...

The stupidity here...it overwhelms.

... it's much easier to write bots in Bash on Linux ;)
I knew there were a lot of ignorant people on these forums but damn, this topic really takes the cake
90 Troll Mage
06/25/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Prometheus
... it's much easier to write bots in Bash on Linux ;)

Cygwin.

/le sigh
06/25/2012 05:24 PMPosted by FrigginJoe
I have never met a human being aside from myself and coworkers who use Linux.

And how often do you sit around the water cooler asking people what OS they use as a random topic of the day?
06/25/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Prometheus
Try to think a little.

Take your own advice, the point being that people don't broadcast random facts that are unimportant to daily life, unless your just a geek who tries to impress his friends with the fact that you run linux.
90 Troll Mage
06/25/2012 05:35 PMPosted by geldour
5 bucks on OPs friends being botters

ill take 5 on his "friends" been his bots

I'll take 5 as well, and I already assumed this since the beginning. Was just trying to be nice and offer other possibilities along the way :P
90 Troll Mage
06/25/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Belenas
Try to think a little.

Take your own advice, the point being that people don't broadcast random facts that are unimportant to daily life, unless your just a geek who tries to impress his friends with the fact that you run linux.

lol touché
I guess they didn't get the memo that the internet runs on Linux... as do their servers.

I am highly suspicious that Linux was to blame for the ban wave, and not something more malicious.
43 Human Mage
dont play games on Linux?
90 Troll Mage
I guess they didn't get the memo that the internet runs on Linux... as do their servers.

I am highly suspicious that Linux was to blame for the ban wave, and not something more malicious.

Linux had nothing to do with this. 40 is a specific number of friends to have Linux. Not saying it's impossible, but very very VERY highly unlikely that they all get banned at the same time purely for 'running Linux'. It's just a thread for people to boast their e-peen on how much they think they understand about the OS.
06/25/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Kilobite
It's just a thread for people to boast their e-peen on how much they think they understand about the OS.

Or lack there of :D
90 Troll Mage

Or he works as a programmer, and they're all developing Linux software.

As I said: not everyone works in HR. Linux is perhaps the norm in his workplace.

So again: Think a little, and try not cherry-picking quotes.

Are you a comedian?

Edit: Knowledge is power!
Edited by ChuckNorris#1873 on 6/25/2012 6:09 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]