Diablo® III

People being banned for using Linux....

Instead of VMware or something like that, check out Xen (opensource, not citrix) 4.x. You can run Windows with PCI passthrough with your videocard. I have two SDL enabled consoles, one running X, the other running the Xen based windows 7 VM. No issues with warden or any games for that matter. It's not hard to set up, and the 3.x linux kernel supports Xen natively now.
06/25/2012 11:54 AMPosted by dill
You guys understand Mac is a form of unix right? In my house we only have mac's and linux natively installed. Windows is on VMware for the few pieces of software like microsoft office we need for work. Windows is Diablo 3 in the form of an OS.

lol @ total nerd dbags

Thanks for quoting that, I actually missed that reply and it's really funny.
An operating system is a third-party program. Any software that runs on your computer, that is not manufactured by Blizzard, is a third-party program by definition.
85 Tauren Druid
Wow lot of brainless people in this thread. The same "third party software" used to run diablo in linux is used for mac os. I'd love to see everyone using the mac client getting banned for the same reason.

Problem with linux (well, wine specifically) is a lot of the api's are stubs, and if blizzard is actually closely examining the results of the api calls, they might think you are trying to implement a client, and find reason to ban you.

It's fantastically unlikely they would intentionally ban wine users. They had these same sorts of problems a few years back in wow.
Wow lot of brainless people in this thread. The same "third party software" used to run diablo in linux is used for mac os. I'd love to see everyone using the mac client getting banned for the same reason.

This is actually seriously stupid on blizzard's part to blacklist an OS. Someone or more likely a group of developers have come up with a way to play this game on another OS that you currently don't support. Shouldn't you be thanking them for broadening your market on the game? Not banning them for playing it legitimately.

They aren't "blacklisting" anything. They just didn't develop the game for Linux. No one develops games for Linux, because it's a pointless exercise.
Edited by Nerevarine#1724 on 6/25/2012 11:59 AM PDT
yeah, did you not look at the system requirements and realise linux is not listed? Who knows what exploits could be made through linux, since it is not supported by blizz
06/25/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Fluffy420
all you fools need to get off his @!#@ and look at the bigger picture. ppl are being banned for using linux ( lol) through ( i use this loosely i dont trust anyone on the internet anymore :D) legit means at home in leisure time. weather or not there was hax involved was up to the ppl who banned them, but the fact of the matter is blizzard banned ppl for playing their game un provoked. whats next blizzard?? a surprise wipe and another ninja nerf??? wouldnt shock me in the least.

Read this very closely:

The. Game. Wasn't. Meant. To. Run. On. Linux.

Anyone playing it on Linux does so at their own risk. Anyone playing it on Linux is aware of this.
06/25/2012 12:01 PMPosted by nimsu1987
yeah, did you not look at the system requirements and realise linux is not listed? Who knows what exploits could be made through linux, since it is not supported by blizz

One would assume the same exploits that could be made through mac, or even more likely due to history of blizzard games WINDOWS.
Also;many people use linux, yet it is strange that there is not ONE thread complaining about a 'linux' ban...
06/25/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Nerevarine
They aren't "blacklisting" anything. They just didn't develop the game for Linux. No one develops games for Linux, because it's a pointless exercise.

Valve is
06/25/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Somokon

Valve is

Orgin is
85 Goblin Priest
You do not have 40 friends who use Linux. That's practically half of the Linux marketshare.
LINUX IS NOT SUPPORTED AT THE MOMENT. how much clearer can i be with this ?
Hackez, blizzards founders were mac users. Look on the blizz 20 year anniversary video. They loved em.Moreso, look at how ALL WoW games are mac supported. Actually, look at how ALL games that come from blizz are mac supported since they were called Silicon and Synapse. Sure they messed up a bit with d3 because of some macs having crap gpu's which they should have classed as unsupported but they didn't by mistake.See my point?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]