Diablo® III

IAS Dropped more than 50% on some items.

As the title states.

I had 3 items that gave me 31% IAS;
1) Boj Anglers --- 12% before, now gives 5%
2) Rare Ring ----- 4% before, now gives 2%
3) Rare Gloves --- 15% before, now gives 7%

For #1, I honestly don't know what happened, but for #2 and #3, I believe that they used a "Cut in half and round down" change... I think they should have left it at a cut of 50% max, since a cut any higher than what they had stated would obviously cause an outburst of anger. That makes me believe that they should have done it "50% rounded up", that way 50% would be the max it would drop. (I still think that 50% is still too much of a drop though). As a basis on this thought, I had 31% IAS before and I now have 14%. Half of 31% is 15.5%, therefore people will complain about it.

As for my Boj Anglers, I honestly don't know why they dropped more than 50% rounded down. Was this intended?
Reply Quote
Me too, I had a ilvl 63 weapon with 15% ias now it only has 5%. I think someone at Blizzard should invest in some kind of adding machine... calculator I believe they are called?

Also I heard nobody at Blizzard reads this forum... which makes me wonder why they have it.. but oh well just trying to do my part to help test this beta.
Reply Quote
Me too, seems like attack speed with odd number will have this kind of problem.
Reply Quote
Well... My boots dropped from 12% to 5%, which is more than 50% rounded down. It isn't just limited to odd numbers.
Reply Quote
half of 15 is 7.5, rounded down (which would be wrong) is still 7%
7 is still 2 more than 5 last time I asked a 1st grader.
Edited by walk2k#1921 on 6/21/2012 8:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/21/2012 06:22 PMPosted by walk2k
I had a ilvl 63 weapon with 15% ias now it only has 5%.
Reply Quote
Yea... It is rather odd how yours dropped to 33% of what it had.

Here is what their post on the patch notes said;

+ Attack Speed bonus values on weapons and armor have been reduced by 50%
Reply Quote
Yes! I bought a weapon from AH for 2.5mill (countless hours of normal gameplay without exploits to get that gold) It had 25% IAS and now it is 10%
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)