Diablo® III

Mark of Valor not rewarded have email confim

(Locked)

Game Released: May 15
Sigils Granted: June 21
Today's Date: July 10

Not only were the sigils late to get here, but it's been 19 days with no resolution to the email change bug that has prevented some players from obtaining sigils.
I check this post almost every day. Many of us were told to report to the bug forum to resolve the issue but no one help us. This is a bit frustrating.
Game Released: May 15
Sigils Granted: June 21
Today's Date: July 10

Not only were the sigils late to get here, but it's been 19 days with no resolution to the email change bug that has prevented some players from obtaining sigils.

To be fair, it was announced that sigils would not be rewarded until several weeks after the game shipped.

It would seem easy enough to forward our confirmation e-mails to someone in Customer Service. We're in a sort of limbo, because the Achievement can't be "performed" again on the server by any action we can take, and as stated a hundred times before this is where Customer Service is directing us...

Compounding the trouble, the e-mails don't identify which class banner you submitted.
Edited by Requiescat#1416 on 7/10/2012 8:07 AM PDT
I guess we have a morsel of hope now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6076997675?page=7
I too did the promotion for all 5 sigils long before the release of diablo 3, and received all 5 confirmation emails. I changed the email address of my account some time between the promotion and the giving out of the achievements. I was not rewarded any sigils or feats of strength in game because of this. I have put in tickets and have not gotten any headway toward a resolution. I can provide Blizzard with my old email address, hell, I can even change my email address back to what it previously was when I did the promotion, but Blizzard refuses to do anything about the situation and ignores it completely.
It seems they can't even verify who exactly did the promotion. How are they gonna fix this without just redoing it? I mean, its not like its a big deal to just redo it. No one had to do anything extravagant to get their sigils. They're made exclusive just for the sake of being exclusive.
Edited by Frozsht#1534 on 7/10/2012 4:19 PM PDT
I'd understand if it was an error on our part and we misunderstood the email. Yet the email clearly said that the account that the email address was attached to was getting flagged, not the email address itself. The only reason I'm so adamant about this is I know I'm not at fault.
Or Blizzard could just award us the sigils that are claiming to have done the promotion yet never recieved them. What I don't understand is how could my account not have been flagged? It's not like we are making this stuff up.
I'm missing the Wizard sigil. I got the rest of them, and on my other account I got all 5.

Joined a public game after being advised buy CS via ticket that it has been helping 'activate' the sigils/FoS, and all that did was add 3 new spammers to my "friends" list (why is it we still can't remove people from our recently played lists - beyond pathetic, but i digress).
Never mind, after intense lag and being booted from the game the achievements and sigils were awarded. W.T.F.
Edited by subjectDelta#1172 on 8/17/2012 2:00 AM PDT
07/10/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Ashadelo
Or Blizzard could just award us the sigils that are claiming to have done the promotion yet never recieved them. What I don't understand is how could my account not have been flagged? It's not like we are making this stuff up.

Too few people complaining about this problem for them to give in and just shut us up by giving us the Sigils we earned through the promotion.

07/10/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Bashiok
A bunch of us in the Bug Report forums are trying to get our Mark of Valor sigils. We have a thread that is four pages long. Basically, some players didn't get any/all of the sigils and achievements if they changed their BNet email address during the promotion. Personally, I've received 2/5, yet did all five. We've been waiting for a resolution, yet it's been 19 days since the sigils were all supposedly flagged. Any help?

I know we've done some investigation. I know that according to the system that sent them they were all sent correctly to the intended recipients for those that were claimed. If the database doesn't show that someone should have a sigil, there's no way to verify they actually should. Furthermore there's unfortunately no easy way to flag accounts, so simply calling our customer service departments isn't going to result in any quick fixes.

I can follow up on it though as I believe it's still something being discussed.

While he said it's still being discussed, he also said that we all should have them, and there is no easy way to remedy the problem.
We got a response from Bash though, I'd say that's a fairly big deal. They know about it to some extent, the case isn't closed yet, and he said he'd follow up. I'm going to remain optimistic.

I hope it gets on the Known Issues list, too.
Edited by Requiescat#1416 on 7/11/2012 1:03 PM PDT
I also never received these sigils, unfortunately I changed my account's e-mail address before they were awarded. I still have all the e-mails from the process.
I didn't received any of the sigils at all. I still have all my confirmation emails (10 to be exact - 2x each class). I wanted to make sure I got them and did each class twice.

Guess it didn't work at all.

I never changed my email at all like some people who didn't receive them have, so if changing your bnet email affects it then I have no idea why i never received them.
07/11/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Requiescat
I hope it gets on the Known Issues list, too.

Known Issues just got updated yesterday (3hrs after you posted this)... didn't make the cut.
Edited by Loupdinour#1574 on 7/12/2012 5:38 AM PDT
Everytime I check in here and there isn't a blue post god kills a kitten. Blues, please think of the kittens.
I couldn't even manage to receive the confirm on two other classes (Barb and DH) despite attempting multiple times and at different times/days. It was always an issue in regards to the email confirm and for some reason the web promotion never updating my million entries, despite trying all the typical options like clearing cookies or what not...

It looks even worse missing the two since I've got that pretty little CE ach listed with three out of five classes which is an eyesore. The confirms never even bother to distinguish on which classes you went about doing the event with.
Edited by Redoubt9000#1736 on 7/16/2012 1:19 AM PDT
bump
I'm gonna just go ahead and post in this as well, to bump up the attention (because I want my sigils, dag nabbit!). I didn't get any of them, even having done each class at least twice (more for some), but I would say my issue most certainly stems from having changing my e-mail during the promotion. I do still have the e-mail confirmations, so we'll see what happens!
Same here guys.

Completed all 5 sigils for mark of valor but never receive them.

Submitted tickets and told to post here in bug report.

My question is why is Blizzard ignoring us loyal fans and treating us like dirt.
A simple gesture for their CS to manually tag our sigils will go a long way for the company.

or more simply, provide a link for those affected to go redo again.
Edited by Brandon#1218 on 7/17/2012 1:34 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]