Diablo® III

Tempest Rush Questions

I am currently attempting to create a build based around using Daibos, Tempest Rush, and Life per Spirit Spent/Life on hit. This build will definitely be needing some constant tweaking, but in order for it to work at all I need to understand the Tempest Rush ability in greater detail.

Question 1: Is Tempest Rush based off of your attack speed? Is the rate at which it deals damage directly related to the attack speed of your character or is it a fixed amount?

Question 2: Does Tempest Rush proc life on hit?

Question 3: Are monks able to dodge while using Tempest Rush?

Any other interesting details regarding the skill would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by TheSy#1680 on 6/23/2012 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Q1+2: Idk try it and see.
Reply Quote
Having tinkered with this myself - Tempest Rush is based off attack speed, you want it to be as low as possible or you'll drain spirit faster than you generate it.

Quite sure that it procs LoH since it refreshes Sweeping Winds, which requires you to attack. As for dodging while rushing, I can't see why not - I can't recall not being able to dodge with it on.

I'd suggest you pair it up with Dashing Strike to get out of Jailor, since Tempest Rush is interrupted when you stand still (for obvious reasons).

Other than that, if plausible I'd suggest going for Sweeping Winds with Cyclone if you are able to get your crit chance up to 15-20% at least.

The passive that increases spirit generation by 25% while wielding a 2H is a great choice too, makes it easier to get your spirit regen up high.

Another thing worth noting is that you can cast skills such as Serenity and whatnot while using Tempest Rush, it wont be interrupted.
Reply Quote
Having tinkered with this myself - Tempest Rush is based off attack speed, you want it to be as low as possible or you'll drain spirit faster than you generate it.

Quite sure that it procs LoH since it refreshes Sweeping Winds, which requires you to attack. As for dodging while rushing, I can't see why not - I can't recall not being able to dodge with it on.

I'd suggest you pair it up with Dashing Strike to get out of Jailor, since Tempest Rush is interrupted when you stand still (for obvious reasons).

Other than that, if plausible I'd suggest going for Sweeping Winds with Cyclone if you are able to get your crit chance up to 15-20% at least.

The passive that increases spirit generation by 25% while wielding a 2H is a great choice too, makes it easier to get your spirit regen up high.

Another thing worth noting is that you can cast skills such as Serenity and whatnot while using Tempest Rush, it wont be interrupted.

Thanks for all of the info I really appreciate it. My plan originally was to use a Daibo and a lot of spirit regen and life per spirit spent/on hit and just spam tempest rush coupled with other passive spells and just be a spinning machine.

Edit: The build would probably look something like this (While easily subject to change) maybe needing more ways to generate spirit. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#cdXijS!dYU!YbbcZY
Edited by TheSy#1680 on 6/24/2012 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd probably drop Transcendence in favor of Resolve, since less damage taken means less healing needed - and you're less likely to be subject to getting bursted down - not to mention, something that I've found on my normal build is that the healing from Transcendence is negligible on it's own anyway.

Aside from that, aim for life per second gear in addition to life per spirit spent and life on hit items. It really does make a difference in the long run.

Also, if you need extra spirit per second I'd suggest the one that gives you 3 per second with mantra of healing (extra regen there too) and the rune on Sweeping Wind that also gives 3 per second at full stacks.

Those two combined would give you 7.5 spirit per second (counting the 25% bonus from wielding a 2H). There's also the option of going for the spirit regen passive over resolve - and presto, you're already up at 10 regen pre-gear, meaning you could easily gain spirit and have enough for easily using other abilities while running - going low puts you in a really bad spot, is something I noticed while trying it out.
Edited by Anathema#2445 on 6/26/2012 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]