Diablo® III

Regarding D3 Gaming Mouse and macros.

Yes another drop in the sea of questions about Macros in Diablo 3.

I've opened a ticket a week ago about this, I was informed that they have not come to any conclusion whether or not macro software/hardware will be allowed in Diablo 3.

It's frustrating knowing while I'm being a good boy, waiting for a go-ahead from Blizzard to allow me to use my gaming mouse in a way it was partly designed for, there are thousands of people risking it and benefiting from Blizzards slow decision making process.

Diablo 3: Terms of Use agreement: (2.B)

"Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience, including without limitation, mods that violate the terms of this License Agreement or the Terms of Use; "

The automation software is vague within the Terms of Use.

Is it considered automation for 1 button to accomplish 10 clicks? I.e. Change full set of gear.

Is it considered automation for 10 buttons to accomplish 10 clicks? I.e. Use macro on each individually piece of gear?

The official Blizzard Steelseries Diablo III mouse contains a built in macro system. On the FAQ of the mouses website. It reads:

" Q--- Does the Diablo III gaming mouse support modifier / keyhold macros?

A--- Yes, keyhold and modifier macros are completely supported in the Diablo III gaming mouse software. What this means is, if you create a macro to press a certain key, you can create this macro so that the button will be input as long as you hold the mouse button down. Keep in mind that keyhold/modifier macros are usually limited to one keystroke."

This leads me to believe that macros are allowed but it merely must be a single key for a single action. Though again they use a modifier "Keep in mind that keyhold/modifier macros are usually limited to one keystroke."

If the mouse was built specifically with Diablo 3 in mind, would not banning people whom use its full functionality within the game it was designed for be outrageous?

To me it feels like Blizzard is completely avoiding this subject despite the thousands of created posts on the topic. This really needs a simple Yes or No answer as soon as possible.

If YES, then it would be safe to assume that other gaming mice/keyboards would fall into the same realm, but what about macro specific standalone software?

If NO, then Blizzard needs to seriously reconsider how fast they sign off on hardware without considering the ramifications of selling products that the consumer cannot actually use as intended.
Edited by ArTop#1281 on 6/22/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
ArTop,

This is not an issue that can be addressed in this forum as it doesn't involve Technical Support. It concerns game policy. You'd need to ask in General Discussion.

This is not an issue that can be addressed in this forum as it doesn't involve Technical Support. It concerns game policy. You'd need to ask in General Discussion.

The point is that no one answers this question in General Discussion. Believe me, it's been asked MANY times. We need to know an answer so that we don't accidentally violate the terms of use and get banned.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]