Diablo® III

Stupid Barbs using Warcry Impunity rune

I had 1200 resist all with other equipment....I was tanking about half that Im tanking now. (About 6000 armor)

So what exactly are you saying? That there's a bug in which resistances are reducing damage by less than what they say they are? Otherwise, this makes no sense. 1200 res should have the same damage reduction as 12000 armor, so 6000 armor + 1200 res is clearly way better than 12000 armor and 40 res.

My resist gear had me with 20k health, ~6k armor and 1200 resist with buff from Warcry Impunity.

I was dying. Now I die much less.
Edited by Deadlock#1523 on 6/22/2012 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Once you can tank acts 3 and 4 in a 4 man group, come talk to me....
Reply Quote
My resist gear had me with 20k health, ~6k armor and 1200 resist with buff from Warcry Impunity.

No duh you're dying with 20k health. How did you even get that low?
Reply Quote

So what exactly are you saying? That there's a bug in which resistances are reducing damage by less than what they say they are? Otherwise, this makes no sense. 1200 res should have the same damage reduction as 12000 armor, so 6000 armor + 1200 res is clearly way better than 12000 armor and 40 res.

So for the other set you're just basically stacking strength and resistance and ignoring everything else.

And you dare calling other barbs noob?
Reply Quote
The lowest my resists have ever been since getting to 60 was 260. At this point I did the math for the 20% armor rune over impunity and found that even then impunity gave me more EHP.

If the OP equipped like once piece of all-resist gear he'd probably find out the same.
Reply Quote

20k health!!! TANK TO THE MAX!

On a side note... you should really try those EHP calculators, you'll see the difference
Edited by Vohrana#1703 on 6/22/2012 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wish you mentioned the "Act 2 Inferno" part at the start of the post... would've saved me 10 seconds of wasted life
Reply Quote
op, when im using a 1h + shield i do 20k dps...
Reply Quote
I run around with 70k dps and 400 res and 5k armor and I killed Diablo so w/e to you sir.
Reply Quote
Well IMO a tanks most important item is his trusty (25%block) shield ;)
Reply Quote
LOL try it in ACT 4...
Reply Quote
Wow... Umm this barb is awful. You have about 500 resists and 75k dmg short of a dps barb, and about 1000 resists and 20k dmg from a tank barb.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
06/22/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Deadlock
I didn't realize that it was possible to have over 2k strength and only have 16k dps. Wtf are the weapons you are using.

600 dps weapons...they are weak but the character is not.

Yes it is, it's garbage.
Reply Quote
Don't feed the troll lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
How in the world do you have 2000 str and only 15000 dps???

I'm barely geared at 1100 str and I have 12000 dps using sword n board with mostly defensive skills and runes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you dont stand in !@#$ like a noob i can see how stacking more armor than resists would work.

I have tryed stacking resists and found leap gets me out of fire pools, chains, walls and arcane cutters. this makes it so you dont even need ignore pain on your bar at all. 300 resist is more than enough to give around 50% in a reist.

if you move from the baddie killing abilitys and kite alittle you may understand the top post here and not see it as a troll.
Reply Quote
Isn't the damage reduction in the Details section only reduction due to armor and not overall reduction? Resists doesn't affect that number at all, but it does affect the actual damage you take.
Edited by Freudian#2775 on 7/9/2012 6:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Can I add you to friends list and laugh at your tanking gear and damage gear? lololololololololol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]