Diablo® III

Black Rock Ledger - Finding a Use 4.0

Has anyone else seen the chest that is behind the cow door near the dead iron wolf Bowden's body? I can barely see it on my screen when I get really close to the door but can put my mouse over the small part of it to have it show "chest" (I'll try to get a screen shot later). There has to be some way to get to the other side of that door...
If You go close to the door, You could see a part of "road to alcarnus", please make sure, the chest isn't in that part, thanks :)
It is definitely behind the door in the "unmapped" area, you can actually see part of it and have it highlight when you put your mouse over it.
A2_MapVendor_DungeonMap
Secret Dungeon Map
For the A2 Oasis Map vendor event Task ID: 15108 - Open

Edit: Found this as well

A2_UniqueVendor_Event_MapVendor Zaven the Alchemist

This is a quote from the V2 thread. I was just thinking that maybe the "secret dungeon map" has to be bought from a unique vendor and it only appears in his inventory very rarely.

I know Zaven is part of the whole whimyshire thing, but if the event fromthe DB is coded "map vendor" that's a little strange. Zaven is actually a merchant that sells potions/dyes and sometimes a rare item. I ran this a few times and never found a "map" for sale, but it's another idea.
If You go close to the door, You could see a part of "road to alcarnus", please make sure, the chest isn't in that part, thanks :)

Trololol.

Please refrain yourself from "brainless" replies. It have been confirmed it is a part of the "road to alcanus". If you want to check the proof just get to the road of alcanus, there is a small dead end and the chest or hidden cache will be there.

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp185/Kyouzukami/lockeddoor.jpg

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp185/Kyouzukami/hiddencache.png

Edit: Added screenshot.
Edited by adwed#1115 on 7/25/2012 6:21 AM PDT
or drop your own stuff there.

http://i49.tinypic.com/262tqo3.jpg
I think this is waste of time. There is probably nothing to do/make with these "papers".
"Hey I found these items, I want to be rewarded now!"
First of all, I would like to say that I have been following these theories, thoroughly enjoying, since v1.0.

Basically, what I am going to say is that some of the people here are much more creative than developers and unfortunately, I think that LAZY developers didn't put any effort into making the game more interesting besides those papers. They are pretty much busy with making more money through RMAH.

I hope that there is some mystery behind it. It's utmost exciting to think about a theoretical scenario where we can fight our way through different times and as a difficult boss (Kind of Über Diablo), fight Black Smoke. The sheer thought of this is enough to stir my blood.
So I was running around the beginning of Act 2 and found another place where the map changes to "Stinging Winds." It is right after the Enchantress removes the roadblock and you talk to the Iron Wolf. Go due East and there are two places next to the wall where it changes from Sundered Canyon to Stinging Winds.

Probably just a glitch but wanted to mention it just in case (and if someone already has, then never-mind :-) ).

I have screenshots so as soon as I can figure out where to put them, I can edit this.
So I was running around the beginning of Act 2 and found another place where the map changes to "Stinging Winds." It is right after the Enchantress removes the roadblock and you talk to the Iron Wolf. Go due East and there are two places next to the wall where it changes from Sundered Canyon to Stinging Winds.

Probably just a glitch but wanted to mention it just in case (and if someone already has, then never-mind :-) ).

I have screenshots so as soon as I can figure out where to put them, I can edit this.

How about take your time and read the v1 - v3 thread?
So have anyone actually tried to just check the spawn where the ledgers spawn after you collected them all? Perhaps there will be a dungeon or something else instead of a ship and it will be very very rare for it to spawn... Like some random dungeons.
07/28/2012 11:00 PMPosted by adwed
How about take your time and read the v1 - v3 thread?

I did. I see various places mentioned where the map changes to Stinging Winds by the dead Iron Wolf and the cow door. I don't remember seeing anything about this area. I guess I missed it then.
I spent hours looking for page 16 and I gave up. I will trade you guys extra pages of 4, 8, 15, 23, 42 for page 16. I have like 2-3 of each.
Has anyone seen this video on youtube? An apperant 'joke' ....Cow Level in Diablo 3 - Blizzard's joke at BlizzCon 2009 (Heroes Panel).

http://youtu.be/kDQ4s1Z8JmA

Someone was at least playing with the idea to make a cow slashing level. Why did they at least not include this fun little cow slashing event into the game?
Has anyone noticed that the ledger pages are no longer account bound? I wonder why blizzard would do that...
POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

Hey guys, I was pondering this the other evening, and I'm throwing another log on the fire for discussion.

We have essentially one out of place item that's ship related... The Splintered Oar.

"From Kingsport to Kurast we sail. From Lut Gholein to Skovos we roam. When the wind's not blowing, we'll row our damned way home!" -The Sea Trader's Song

I think the Oar and the Black Rock Ledgers are in synch... Meaning that this little tune and the Ledgers are clues to a puzzle.

If you look at the different dyes in the game, the first four are directly referenced:

Royal: Kingsport
Summer: Kurast
Aquatic: Lut Gholein
Mariners: Skovos

The last two are guesses on my part:

No Wind: Bottled Cloud? Purity?
Damned: Infernal? Abyssal?

Now combine these with the journal entries in numerical order:

Deckhands: Dye Gloves Royal
Sea Legs: Dye Pants Summer
Troubles: Dye Shoulders Aquatic
Madness: Dye Helm Mariner's
Down Below: Dye Boots ????
The big clue was the "Last One Left": Dye Chest ????

It makes more sense now, we have six Ledgers, we have six dyeable armor slots.

I can't finish the list, since the Bottled Cloud is a CE only dye. It may be different, but this sounds like a lot simpler solution than what others have suggested. You may even need the Oar to complete the puzzle.

I'd assume you walk up to the locked gate / door and boom... there you go.

I'll only take the first few grand and set plans you find. :)
Edited by Melancholy#1609 on 7/30/2012 9:23 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]