Diablo® III

how to deal with reflect damage (inferno)

im having a hard time in inferno cause every !@#$%^- blue monster's got reflect damage, i couldnt drop my caltrop + jagged spikes anymore or even use strafe lol. how do you deal with them? is stacking life on hit the only solution?
Reply Quote
shadow power + gloom rune
Reply Quote
Yep like splatmaster said shadow power + gloom rune. Also try to get some +resist on your gear and that will help out as well.
Reply Quote
Life on Hit also works well.
Reply Quote
06/26/2012 01:42 AMPosted by BdiZzLe
Let say 1k loh, with 10k reflect damg, i dont see how it works well. Use shadow power+ Gloom Runes like the other guy said, done
Edited by zGuardianz#1952 on 6/26/2012 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Jagged spikes + life on hit gives insane life steal. Other options are gloom or huge burst dmg + ss but I think having a couple LoH 1 handers to switch to is the easiest. Your dps drops to about 60% of what it normally is but you can fight them exactly like you would any other elite without having to worry.
Edited by jaegybomb#1737 on 6/26/2012 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/26/2012 01:43 AMPosted by zGuardianz
Let say 1k loh, with 10k reflect damg, i dont see how it works well. Use shadow power+ Gloom Runes like the other guy said, done

Resists and armor reduce that 10k down a lot, then you can ignore it with some regen and life on hit.
Reply Quote
Personally I use 2 500 LoH 1h xbows w/ 300 LoH sockets.

The key is to get low dps ones. 2 at around 550 dps will do the trick and not cost you much money.

I don't like burning a ability slot for Shadow Power just for reflect mobs. This allows you to play as you normally would without risk of dying from reflect damage. The one caveat to this plan is if you have high enough crit damage(ie 400%) then you will need to have lifesteal% on top of your LoH. Other than that, happy hunting. It cuts my dps in half, from 65k to around 33k. Takes a bit longer to kill things but w/e.
Reply Quote
Right now i deal with them by using Smoke Screen to deny dmg, health pots, health orbs and general running around waiting for cooldowns. This works fine for act 1 and 2 but not so much in act 3 and 4.

Right now im in the process of upgrading my gear to contain more resists while not sacrificing damage, this helps alot but in the end a LoH weapon or a Gloom build will be needed to compleatly solve the problem.
Reply Quote
I pack over 600 resist and return damage is almost completely negated.
Reply Quote
I just equip a bow with 680+300 life on hit and a neck with around 200. Then just fire away, no need for any special gimmicks besides that.
Of course the damage output suffers because the bow has lower overall DPS than my regular, but so does the incoming damage, and I can just play like normal.

Of course, the more damage you do, the more LoH you'll need to counter the percentage based reflected damage.
Reply Quote
I dun go glass cannon, so i have abt 650+ resists, about 1k LoH and SP-Gloom. So far ok until I forget and set off my traps over zealously. LOL.

I guess with Glass cannon you really do need the Gloom skill.
Reply Quote
SP-Gloom gets it done for me. You can do it without using gloom if you do what others suggest, which is simply buying some LoH gear to switch out and having decent reduction. Personally, I would rather just throw a skill that is semi useful anyway on my bar than spend a few hundred grand on gear. Both are perfectly fine ways to deal with it though.
Reply Quote
SHadow Power + Gloom ( i personally hated them but after i start using SP + gloom its not that hard anymore )
i hope it helps :)
Reply Quote
06/26/2012 02:54 AMPosted by BattleFish
I pack over 600 resist and return damage is almost completely negated.

I'm a bit above that and i'll still kill myself if I don't use cooldowns.... (I don't stack LOH though).

Anyways. I stick to Torturous Ground for Caltrops to keep distance and use 2-3 Cluster Bombs to hit them.

About halfway through the CB Arch i'll pop SS to negate a lot of the damage I do to myself as the bombs land. Just rinse and repeat and after a bit of kiting you'll have health globes to pick up. (In the event you mess up and take unneeded damage)
Reply Quote
I carry around an 800dps xbow that has 800 LoH and 2.7% life steal. In group play I use NT and just shoot from a distance. Cost me 500k but worth it, and was able to drop shadow power/gloom, which wasn't 100% effective on all bosses anyway. I use this with an offensive build which does about 35k (non SS value).

After dropping shadow power I picked up caltrops/jagged spikes and when solo'ing I can tank elites with the LoH weapon and caltrops. But I also use a more defensive spec set of skills when solo.
Reply Quote
I have 1k LoH with a 880 LoH 2h-xbow and a 200 LoH ring. I have about 360 physical resist and almost 30k health.

When I notice my health dropping when I start hitting stuff obviously there's a RD elite. Quickly change from that 1.1k xbow to the LoH xbow and problem solved. One thing I noticed, caltrops with jagged spikes rune is very good for RD mobs, I hardly take any damage even with only 200 total LoH because my regeneration is more than the damage taken.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Priest
No amount of life on hit or gloom has saved me from one shotting myself with opening salvos on elite packs with affixes I haven't checked.

But once that little messup is over, gloom makes them a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I have about 700 LOH on with a 900dps bow, 1 ring, 1 amulet. LOH + rapid fire is fkn amazing. I heal myself now with it. I only use my LOH gear on reflect groups and put my crit gear back on for everything else.
Reply Quote
No amount of life on hit or gloom has saved me from one shotting myself with opening salvos on elite packs with affixes I haven't checked.

But once that little messup is over, gloom makes them a joke.

^ this! Getting myself killed by opening up with a big crit (sharpshooter) against a threesome is always one of thost 'WTF just happened?' moments. Followed by my cursing from the repair bill during the potentially a long run back to the spot of the elites.

I know I'm taking a risk by running around in full MF gear and only 13k health but I'm still surprised that this is how Blizz expected the game to play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]