Diablo® III

No cell phone, no RMAH cash out needs change!

I find it incredibly unfair that Blizzard has done this. Not only did we have to go through tons of trouble with Diablo III's launch, then they delay RMAH, and again, and again, and now we need cell phones to even use it decently? I don't want Blizzard bucks or whatever useless currency they have. I want to be able to get paid. I don't have a cell phone and don't plan on getting one. There should be an alternative offered. Perhaps for those of us that don't/can't register a cell phone with text messaging, they make us log in to our paypal each time we buy something or get paid for an item we sold. Not that hard to do. Petition with me.
Reply Quote
I agree (but in my case, I have a prepaid cellphone).
Reply Quote
I agree. This is ridiculous. It's also ridiculous that PayPal is the only cash-out option... that %15 is a friggin scam.
Reply Quote
I hope Blizzard will change this in the future.
Reply Quote
I think it's to protect the buyer/sellers
Reply Quote
There are other ways to protect us though. For instance, launch our internet browser for paypal each time we access the RMAH, sign in and then we can buy stuff or get paid. Email confirmation rather than cell phone and text. I'm sure there's plenty of other things they could do besides those as well.
Reply Quote
anything going on web = not safe
Reply Quote
Obviously this whole thing doesn't affect you, must be nice. Nothing is "safe." Diablo III already got hacked in game as well. Look at sites like ebay though. How many times do you hear about people getting their paypal account information stolen? Sure it happens, but not often, and probably only to people who are careless. The logging in to paypal each time would be safe as long as they don't get your username and password, which won't happen unless they somehow hack your account or you are careless, but at that point it wouldn't matter either way. And again I'm not saying do away with the cell phone portion, just offer an alternative to those that don't have a cell phone, text, or whatever else.
Reply Quote
I agree

edit: I WAS planning to use the RMAH to sell unique/set/rare item that I wouldn't use, so it would have been around once a week at max or something like that, and never for 250$ knowing my luck.
So if Blizzard has someone smart reading this: allow 1/2 sell per week with a limit of say 50$ for people who don't have cellphone and don't want to pay for an authenticator.
Edited by Eddyall#1825 on 6/27/2012 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 01:48 AMPosted by Heartless
There are other ways to protect us though. For instance, launch our internet browser for paypal each time we access the RMAH, sign in and then we can buy stuff or get paid. Email confirmation rather than cell phone and text. I'm sure there's plenty of other things they could do besides those as well.

I like this idea.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Heartless
Obviously this whole thing doesn't affect you, must be nice. Nothing is "safe." Diablo III already got hacked in game as well. Look at sites like ebay though. How many times do you hear about people getting their paypal account information stolen? Sure it happens, but not often, and probably only to people who are careless. The logging in to paypal each time would be safe as long as they don't get your username and password, which won't happen unless they somehow hack your account or you are careless, but at that point it wouldn't matter either way. And again I'm not saying do away with the cell phone portion, just offer an alternative to those that don't have a cell phone, text, or whatever else.

They really should consider these options, limiting it to just text seems pretty dumb.
Reply Quote
This really needs to get fixed, forcing people to add on another monthly expense just to be able to get the most out of their game is nothig more than a racket.
Reply Quote
Make sure to like the post so a blue sees it.
Reply Quote
There is too much vagueness and too much BS. You need an authenticator so i bought one, now i also need a cell phone to get text's ??? Besides it's not only 15% that goes to Blizzard it's also the fee that paypall wants and i wonder if the texting doesn't also cost us money.
I wanted to do it for the fun of it and hopefully make some extra money, but this looks like i'm going to pay more than i will make ?????
Reply Quote
Exactly, if it were a sure thing that I'd make enough money to pay for a cell phone with text, I would do it. I just don't see that happening though, and it's completely unfair that you must have a phone with text. I submitted a support ticket about this, and they said post on the forums because there was nothing they could do as GMs. I asked why my complaints are going to people who can't help, same answer, go to the forums. Support? A huge pile of crap provides more support than they do. My opinion of Blizzard has degraded significantly since they launched Diablo III. Poor launch, poor customer service, stupid rules regarding RMAH, more poor customer service. I seriously doubt we'll even get a blue to post on this. They don't care, and why would they? They already got our money. They said, here's a fantastic looking game for $60, thanks for buying it. Oh by the way it's actually poop you bought, don't worry though it will stink less over time. . . Very very close to losing my business.
Edited by Heartless#1244 on 7/2/2012 3:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm here to for my daily routine of showing my disgust for the cell phone texting crap. Support change!
Reply Quote
Same problem here, but listen to how ridiculous this is.

I have a droid phone with sprint, I also have PayPal, my PayPal is linked to my phone, and to my e-mail, which is linked to my phone, and my Blizzard account is linked to my e-mail, and also to my PayPal account on the site, yet when I get on the RMAH it says I have to link to PayPal by signing up for SMS Protection. I already have SMS Protection from PayPal. Yet when I try to sign up for it on Blizzard, it says I can't, because I have a prepaid phone...

Why???

THIS IS TOTAL BULL!@#$!!! BLIZZARD COULD JUST LET ME USE THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT I MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS GAME AND ALREADY LINKED TO MY B.NET ACCOUNT!!! I WOULD NOT ONLY BE MAKING MYSELF MONEY BUT PAYPAL AND BLIZZARD AS WELL!!! IF I WAS MAKING A PURCHASE FROM BLIZZARD THEY'D LET ME USE MY PAYPAL BUT THEY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROFIT FROM FARMING THIS GAME FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE $500 TO SPEND ON A DEPOSIT TO SIGN A 1-2 YEAR CONTRACT WHERE THEY SPEND $50 A MONTH FOR THE SAME SERVICE I GET FOR $25 A MONTH!!! WAY TO HELP THE BIG CORPORATIONS AND SCREW YOUR AVERAGE MIDDLE CLASS AMERICAN COLLEGE STUDENTS/YOUNG ADULTS WHO MIGHT NEED TO MAKE A BUCK!!! >:[

That said, the quality of the game is not enough to keep me here. I came back to see if I could make it a lucrative endeavor after they finally got the RMAH up. I had beaten the game, farmed the secret level for hours, and got bored with D3 way before that happened. The lack of customization is rather discouraging given the standard set by most MMO's and even solo RPG's. In summary, game sucks, and only rich people can make money off of it. The player-base is rapidly dwindling and I doubt there will be anyone left to buy. I'd rather farm useless in-game gold on Guild Wars than play this crap for free. At least that game has customization and strategic PvP.
Reply Quote
And you know what the worst part is? The so called "customer support" refuses to help. They said they can't contact anyone that can help, they can't pass on complaints to the appropriate departments, and then they told me to post on here and be patient. That to me is the equivalent to saying go screw yourself because we aren't going to help you, and if you post on the forum then we don't have to be bothered by your stupid issue.
Reply Quote
I have three D3 accounts because I had the Annual Pass three times. I did my part by paying for the Annual Pass. I have all the criteria needed to make use of the RMAH, except a cell phone can't be used more than once for SMS Protect. So I did my part and you are going to restrict my access because I don't have a family plan of contract cell phone, instead of one contract cell phone?
Reply Quote
Heck, I would even be willing to contact Customer Support and going through the hoops of the verification process to have the ability to sign up for the RMAH and also to Cash Out as well.

I know it would take additional staff for this to happen but if Blizzard can get this process going correctly, there is "more" money to be made by Blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]