Diablo® III

Is this build viable for Inferno?

I've been reading some of the builds that are being used and some of the skills that people use most often and some of them that people hardly use. It seems like I don't use many of the skills that most people use.

The reason I am concerned is because I am in Nightmare and am doing fairly well, but don't want to practive and fine tune my build to only find out in Inferno that I have to completely change the way I play.

Right now, the build I use is as such:

*Entangling Chains- I usually switch between the rune which extends the slow down to 4 sec. and the rune which causes 4 monsters to be entagled.

*Rapid Fire- with the rune that causes homing missles. (I haven't seen anyone using this, but it has been my main dps skill during major fights). Its true that the dps is not great, but the quickness of the skill allows for major damage over time.

*Caltrops- with the rune that causes damage. I have noticed that the damage is getting less and less effective (part of it is because I have not been able to gain much dps lately). I may change this to the rune immobilize, since part of my build focuses on slowdown.

*Vault- with the rune that shoots arrows while you tumble.

*Fan of Knives- with the rune that extends the radius to 20 yards.

*Evasive fire- with the rune that shoots three bolts in a spread.

My passives are all for dps: Steady Aim; Cull of the Weak; and Archery.

As can be seen by the passives, the main idea of my build is keeping distance, slowing down enemies, and cause as much dps while they are slowed down or/and at a distance. When they finally surround me or close in on me, I use evasive fire to backflip away, vault, if I have enought discipline, or fan of knives to simply finish them off.

The way I see it, i have a little of everything. I have slow down, snipe from far with my homing, and evasive fire which often seems to home in on distant creatures. I have evasiveness with vault, major dmg with fan of knives which also acts as a way of getting out of a gang up.

I really enjoy playing this build. My most used attack is to shoot 2 entangling arrows into a mob, vault into the center of the crowd, lay a caltrops, spam the fan knives, and vault out. Then, with my hatred still full I just blast like a machine gun the rapid fire. Because of the homing missles it seeks out all beasts that my little trap/knives/arrows didn't get, and the fight is basically over. Admittingly this doesn't work as well against bosses so I change the passives and a couple of the skills around.

I call this build the Ninja Huntress. I will be sad if I have to really change the build by inferno because I really have fun with this. Does anyone else use a similiar build in Inferno?
Reply Quote
You kinda need smoke screen over something like evasion fire... I would use impale over fan of knives due to the high damage and you don't need to be getting close to mobs with fan of knives.... This is just my opinion but elemental arrow with lightning bolt or NT( i don't use NT anymore due to nerf) is better than rapid fire... You will have to kite a ton of mobs and will get 2 shot so you dont have time to stand still and lay out rapid fire. Teleporting mobs, mortars, reflect damage, etc will wreck you if you stand still with rapid fire and shoot. Oh and its basically required that you use smoke screen or shadow power on reflect damage mobs... Thats just my 2 cents and im in act 3 inferno right now if your wondering...
Reply Quote
Also preperation is really really helpful if your using 2 or more discipline skills.
Reply Quote
You kinda need smoke screen over something like evasion fire... I would use impale over fan of knives due to the high damage and you don't need to be getting close to mobs with fan of knives.... This is just my opinion but elemental arrow with lightning bolt or NT( i don't use NT anymore due to nerf) is better than rapid fire... You will have to kite a ton of mobs and will get 2 shot so you dont have time to stand still and lay out rapid fire. Teleporting mobs, mortars, reflect damage, etc will wreck you if you stand still with rapid fire and shoot. Oh and its basically required that you use smoke screen or shadow power on reflect damage mobs... Thats just my 2 cents and im in act 3 inferno right now if your wondering...

I appreciate you responding so quickly. Basically it seems I will have to change my strategy and skills. This is what i feared. I guess what everyone is saying about Diablo limiting build diversity is correct. Basically there are a limited number of skills that can be used in Inferno and that are required for any sucess. Sigh. And I was trying to give Blizz the benefit of a doubt. At least I've gotten to enjoy my build through this first 2 difficulties.

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably start changing when my death rate goes up.
Reply Quote
You can also use frost arrows for amazing kiting and you could keep your cull of the weak passive.. Frost arrows are what a lot of people are moving to now.
Reply Quote
06/26/2012 03:34 PMPosted by AngryTurtles
You can also use frost arrows for amazing kiting and you could keep your cull of the weak passive.. Frost arrows are what a lot of people are moving to now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYXTV!ecY!YZZZZc is what I've been rolling with, and I'm a huge fan so far.

I swap out caltrops for impale/GW if we're doing mostly bosses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]