Diablo® III

Error 3003

(Locked)

im still getting error 3003 and have deleted cache...any other ideas..i shouldnt be having these problems at all.
The american server is up, and i get a error 3003.
Getting 3003 error, is the server down? But the web site shows that the server is up.....
Blizzard, you forgot to update your server status again...? You do not feel tired or bored of getting your customers around the world complaints every single time during or after you patch/maintain/nerf your awesome server? i think you feel proud about this, yes you are.
Scheduled Realm Maintenance 7/31/2012 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6201370764
Getting 3003 error, is the server down? But the web site shows that the server is up.....
same here >>> just with US and EU >>> and Asia it work fine with me >> i need to play with EU
I've been getting the same error for the last 5 or 6 hours... And the worst is that I got the game 5 or 6 hours ago! I haven't even been able to play it yet! None of the 3 servers work for me. EU, US, Asia all giving me the 3003 error. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my pc? Already tried deleting the cache and DNS flush but it still doesn't work... I was really looking forward to play this game...
Been having the same problem only for a few weeks now. Is this ever going to get a fix?
After several hour deleting caches, flushing DNS, switching to static ip and forwarding ports on router and windows firewall I finally found out that I had a problem on my hosts file. I accessed C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and deleted every extra line I had there (everything that didn't have a # at the begining) and problem solved!
thank you !!!!!
It started a few days ago, randomly losing connection to MP or single player. Then the problem increased to twice or 3 times a day now I just cannot log in at all.
Same here just getting the 303 error message..... WTF Blizzard?
been getting 3003 and 3007 error message on europe
Edited by DeathMaster#2132 on 8/26/2012 5:21 AM PDT
i have not been able to play this game after installing it. all servers are up, my internet connection is stable, my client is already patched and updated (1.0.4) . my client is enUS. i tried almost all of the error 3003 fixes and i still cant run this game. WHAT.THE.HELL.
Getting 3003 error on Europe, though game is patched, servers are up and internet connection is fine.
Locked out of The Americas with 3003. Servers are up and internet connection is fine. I can login to EU but all of my chars that I have been playing on are US. Ive been playing all morning and all week ? What gives?
08/02/2012 05:01 PMPosted by FilthyRich
After several hour deleting caches, flushing DNS, switching to static ip and forwarding ports on router and windows firewall I finally found out that I had a problem on my hosts file. I accessed C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and deleted every extra line I had there (everything that didn't have a # at the begining) and problem solved!

First order of Business : FilthyRich you rule dude !!!

The one thing i should mention in is that i participated in the open beta weekend Blizzard had a while ago.

And it would seem that some settings from that install remained - and this is the thing that stopped the game from connecting to the EU server.(in my case)

The "killer" lines are:

localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
127.0.0.1 eu.actual.battle.net
::1 localhost

I should also mention that i have done this in the past, but it would seem that i have overlooked ONE important detail : My antivirus program did NOT allow me to change this file. I explain:

The antivirus program name is "Avira Free Antivirus" version 12.0.0.1167.

Apparently it has integrated in it's "Security" module (Found by Clicking "Configure Avira Free Antivirus > General Tab > Security) a very interesting yet quite lame option if, apparently one wishes to play Diablo 3 on EU server after playing open beta weekend [...].

Sorry, forgot to post the actual name of the option i had to disable before i can change the host file. It's :
"System protection
Protect Windows hosts files from changes"
<<<<Uncheck this option, than delete the text stated above

And after this i would truly suggest that you check that option back, because you never know when you will need it again.

As soon as i try to save the modification (deleting the text shown above with bold font) i have done in a hex editor (yes, notepad :P ) it would seem that Avira's Security module created a file with my modification, but with a *.txt extension, leaving the original file unchanged.

I hope this information helps you guys improve gaming experience.
Edited by theav3n#2675 on 9/14/2012 3:43 PM PDT
@Machkhan

Ok,

I did what you have told me, because I also had the 3003 error. I was able to login, but I had to create a new hero and found out that all other characters were missing.
What is happening?
I really want my characters back as I spend a lot of time to get them to the point they are now...
Edited by DrSteffer#2830 on 10/4/2012 12:19 PM PDT
I'm now getting this error. Also on my profile, my characters are missing some of their progress, not sure if this is related.

But this is really annoying not being able to play a game I've paid for, especially when all of the support suggests everything is fine and I should be able to connect.

P.S I tried the suggestions earlier in this thread to no avail.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]