Diablo® III

The Black Soulstone

90 Blood Elf Priest
Did anybody else realize that in the last cinematic where Diablo falling from the sky, at the very end he turn into the Black Soulstone and fell away?

This seems like a legit plot for future expansion.
Reply Quote
yes, actually, everyone did.
Reply Quote
my question is how the hell all the 7 evils are in it.
not much explainations is believable
Reply Quote
my question is how the hell all the 7 evils are in it.
not much explainations is believable

Adria explained that she 'marked' the souls of the evils to be contained within the Black Soulstone when it was activated/completed. How, when, and why no one questioned her actions -- are a subject of debate.
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Cable01
Adria explained that she 'marked' the souls of the evils to be contained within the Black Soulstone when it was activated/completed. How, when, and why no one questioned her actions -- are a subject of debate.

Her explanation is actually a one-line coverup for a deep story problem, and actualy adds more problems than it solves.

Assuming she's right. Then, who taught her how to do that? And if it wasn't Zultan Kulle, then how did she know if it would even work with his soulstone? If it wasn't Tyrael, then why didn't he have the Horadrim destroy Kulle's research notes? If she discovered it for herself, then how did she know it was even going to work? If it was Diablo, then all three of the previous questions apply.
Reply Quote

Her explanation is actually a one-line coverup for a deep story problem, and actualy adds more problems than it solves.

Assuming she's right. Then, who taught her how to do that? And if it wasn't Zultan Kulle, then how did she know if it would even work with his soulstone? If it wasn't Tyrael, then why didn't he have the Horadrim destroy Kulle's research notes? If she discovered it for herself, then how did she know it was even going to work? If it was Diablo, then all three of the previous questions apply.

I can only assume here that it was Big D who taught her how to do it. She has shown that she knows how summon a spiritual presence with the use of a bodypart. I think it's fair to say she has had something from Aidan's body.
Cain told her about the existence of the stone (she actually mentions this in the game) and Diablo (through is former host) teaches her how to mark the souls of his brethren. It's nowhere said that you need to be physicly present to do it. Just like "Hakan" can summon himself in Kulle's archives, so could Adria.
I guess it's blind faith in Diablo that convinces her that it'll work.

This is rather farfetched, though..
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 01:16 AMPosted by LittleDisco

I know, but that is how it was reasoned in-game, thus is the answer to PNPT's question. Technically she didn't 'mark' Azmodan and Belial's souls -- we just put them in the Black Soulstone after defeating them.

07/01/2012 01:16 AMPosted by LittleDisco

07/01/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Cable01
How, when, and why no one questioned her actions -- are a subject of debate.

Not many people are happy with this 'plot twist'.
Reply Quote
wow, my question bring up alot of confusion into the air...
just need the answer for: how in the Burning Hell that Andy, Dury, Mephis, Baal and D 's souls all get in there? there is a cut-scene before kill Zoltun Kulle shows something fly in the stone but i barely know why? like the topic "who the hell is aidan?" Aidonknow!
there are NO mention of the black soulstone in D1, while Adria still on our side!
if the black soulstone is REALLY a gap-filler, then the story really have a black hole sized GAP!
there is another black thing she wants in D1. the black MUSHROOM! not the soulstone!
(long sigh)...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]