Diablo® III

Your *Gut* Opinion of D3 (Constructive)?

So, all rage aside - how do you feel about this game and why?

Please keep it constructive!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
My gut says this game wasnt tested at all, has glaring flaws that become increasingly apparentl the further in the difficulty curve you get, and has none of the thrill of gear dropping that games like d2 or torchlight do.
Reply Quote
Bad release, lots of potential for the future.
Reply Quote
it has no soul.
Reply Quote
My brain tells me they released an incomplete game, lacking many promised features. It reminds me of how horrible the functionality was at launch, and the myriad of bugs that still exist. It reminds me of the countless situations I ran into while beating inferno that resulted in countless unavoidable deaths. My brain tells me this game is a !@#$in' piece of %^-* and I really only completed it to appease some sense of gamer pride.

My gut tells me my brain was right.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
My gut tells me that it might take a few months for Blizz to set things straight for this game.

But once everything is set straight, it'll probably be as awesome as Diablo 2.

I wish I had that sort of optimism. All my gut says is "Its like final Fantasy 14 all over again. except Blizzard didnt fire the dev team immediately and replace them"
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 12:54 AMPosted by EvilGaga
Not enough content. Very quick game with one too many difficulty levels.

I get that you don't appreciate inferno, but the way you phrased it makes it look like you're just contradicting yourself.
Reply Quote
The game is stale in endgame Inferno. What is the point of increasing drop rates if item rolls get nerfed instead. It keeps us farming just as long as if anything has really changed. Ok, we see more yellows. We see higher level yellows more frequently. What does it matter if the rolls are nerfed post 1.03 and it takes just as long farming to find an upgrade or find anything worth selling on the AH? Sorry, but I really hoped 1.03 was going to offer a better change to the game. The reality is, it is basically the same as it was pre-1.03.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Rain
Bad release, lots of potential for the future.

Through the ether, we essentially share the same gut.

06/27/2012 12:54 AMPosted by EvilGaga
Not enough content. Very quick game with one too many difficulty levels.

This is actually one of the things that is close to working as intended. Normal and Nightmare difficulties should be a little bit harder, Hell is just about right.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
06/27/2012 12:57 AMPosted by uwish
My opinion? It's horrible, they created an Action RPG, but applied the standards and mechanics of an MMORPG to it... And, well, you know the result....

the real proble is they appplied MMO mechanics, then completely forgot that the average MMO these days doesnt force you to grind for months to become minimally effective.
Reply Quote
My gut tells me it's nowhere near as good as it should've been and is too fundamentally flawed to ever reach that point. My gut tells me that very little time/thought was put into the meat of the game.
Reply Quote
Started as not a bad game, had lots of potential. Then all the nerfs came and i'm not sure people like where it's headed, all these forum posts are just an attempt to get to a point where its at least fun again.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Curze

I get that you don't appreciate inferno, but the way you phrased it makes it look like you're just contradicting yourself.

some people are against the idea that increasing mobs hp and damage qualifies as "new content"

Oh yeah...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]