Diablo® III

Keep disconnecting

(Locked)

90 Goblin Mage
I'm having the exact same problem. I've run a tracert and it can't even connect to battle.net. This has only been happening since 1.0.3a.

Tracing route to 12.129.209.68 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.254
2 44 ms 25 ms 38 ms 99-127-4-3.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net [99.127.4.3]
3 * 35 ms 25 ms 75.20.0.120
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 217 ms 337 ms 107 ms 12.83.38.149
7 346 ms 354 ms 411 ms gar29.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.241]
8 215 ms 199 ms 126 ms 12-122-254-234.attens.net [12.122.254.234]
9 69 ms 67 ms 27 ms mdf001c7613r0004-gig-10-1.lax1.attens.net [12.129.193.250]
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

yea that is normal look
Note: Since our Battle.net servers are protected from unsolicited traffic and attacks, all the hops after you have reached our server may give you an error message such as 'Request Timed Out' or 'Destination Net Unreachable'. Alternatively, you may just see greatly inflated numbers. Our current server names begin with various mixes of numbers and letters, and end in the following addresses:

ASIA: gblx.net (example: POS1-3-155M.cr2.SEL2.gblx.net)

USWEST: attens.net (example: mdf2-bi8k-2-eth-1-1.rwc1.attens.net)

USEAST: attens.net (example: mdf1-bi8k-1-eth-2-1.wdc1.attens.net)

EUROPE: teliacarrier.com (example: 213-248-106-204.customer.teliacarrier.com)

World of Warcraft: attens.net (example: mdf1-bi8k-1-ve-114.lax1.attens.net)

All error messages you may receive after contacting our server can be safely ignored for troubleshooting purposes. They do not indicate a problem with your internet connection.

Link: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/performing-a-traceroute
85 Gnome Rogue
same prob some times when im on my main farming stacks to get some gear i get huge lag spikes and then disconnected and sent back to my char screen. other times I'm just playing an alt and i could be in an area i already went though and there's nothing left there and BAM disconnected sent to char screen. same as everyone else only started happening after the patch and its not my isp. not even tempting to play my hardcore toons cuz when i get the huge lag spikes my toons seem to have pulled mobs also some times and die when i finally get the disconnected message
Edited by littledoc#1549 on 6/30/2012 9:42 AM PDT
It's been happening to me ever since buying the game. It constantly lags and sometimes recover, but tends to end in a disconnect.

Only this game as well.
I've been experiencing this today. Never has happened to me before with over 100 hours of gameplay. D/C every few minutes, but I can stay logged in to browse the AH indefinitely. Haven't changed anything on my gaming rig or router, so not sure what's up.
Same here. ITs starts since yesterday.
I logged out for about 2 hours after playing for a good 14 hours straight (yeah, I know...) Came back and then I just get booted constantly. I can't even stay in a game for a few minutes.

I don't know if its related to the problem as I'm not a techie bod but in the few minutes I did managed to play with my fiend, we were both killing, getting gold and items (which I can still see on my char through AH screen even after d/c as its only when in a game I get booted never in menus) and getting exp. The only thing different was that his chat was updating. I read about connecting to general chat fixing some of these issues for a few people so I tried it, I asked him to type something back and he relayed about 7 lines that had been said since we joined together. It lasts about 2 mins then I get booted, regardless of who starts the game, what time of day etc etc.

Seriously... what changed in 2 hours???
Not sure, but today has been the WORST. I've been booted 4 times in less than 2 hours and the lag is constant throughout the maps. Why make a game constantly online if it's going to have so many connectivity issues....../vent.
This is the most irritating, exasperating condition yet experienced. It's so erratic. I get dropped because my connection has timed out or just plain lost. I just got killed fighting Diablo in Nightmare because the lag got so long. It is bad enough during the game but fighting the boss and winning to lose the connection.
Please fix this. It gets real old when you play the same level 3 times because of a lost connection. Please
I know the feeling. I've actually gained so many levels from having to repeat most maps 1-3 times due to disconnect. The only positive from it is that I've been able to keep all the gold, exp, and items I found before DC.
Same issue, cannot run a full act without disconnecting. Issues started in the last 24-48 hours and have rendered the game unplayable. I have made no hardware changes and if something is up with my ISP it is impacting only Diablo 3.
85 Orc Warrior
Same here Network disconnect is happening without warning booted 3 times in last 2hours.
Same issue for me. Random disconnects despite a solid internet connection on my end. The game is 'good' for some random period of time (10 to 90 minutes) and then lags for a few seconds, followed by the inevitable "Your connection to the server has been lost" error message.

I only bought the game a few days ago (June 30) so I don't have any experience with a version prior to that. I installed/updated whatever version was published as of then. I was pretty dismayed by the news that it would require a persistent internet connection to begin with; this disconnection garbage is precisely why.
I have the same issue. I lag for a few seconds and then I get disconnected, sometimes the servers will catch up and continue after a few seconds. When it lags I can still take damage and die but I can't do anything, not even run away. My game ran flawlessly before the patch, never lagged. Now my games only last from 10 to 60 minutes. My internet connection is more than fast enough and my network transfer speeds run at a steady 144 Mbps. I've been on the forums for the last few days looking for an answer or solution.
Edited by R3CON3YEZ#1382 on 7/5/2012 8:39 PM PDT
06/26/2012 10:30 PMPosted by LordPoohbear
The popup says "NETWORK DISCONNECT... The game connection has been lost: your client has been disconnected from the server"

Im getting the exact same thing, no error message so i have no idea to fix it, i looked into modem/router/Ip address, etc.. problems and nothing fixes it.

Me and my fiance play on dif comps through the router so its irritating when anywhere from 10-30 min this happens, it makes the game unplayable.

i don't even play my lvl 60 char anymore in inferno, there is no point, im with my friends, get kicked out, they keep going, i jump back in 30sec later, and lose all my stacks.

this should be the #1 priority to fix, especially before you focus your attention on MF.
NETWORK DISCONNECT WT......
90 Orc Warlock
Same here with this problem, getting DC'ing by few seconds to 20minutes than any hours.
I've just still stucking in this nightmare on 43lvl barb causing of it.

edited.
Edited by Bloodmoon#1649 on 7/3/2012 8:40 PM PDT
Same here. Getting DC every few minutes, and it makes the router need to be reseted, but this is the only times I ever need to reset my router, is after being DC'd. Maybe some help...
Now I just get error 3. Cant even get on. Frustrated.
90 Gnome Death Knight
i get dced every 2-5mins no matter what im doing and i cant play because of it. i guess im quitting with the rest of 80% of other player...blizzard doesnt care so why should i? i can play any other game including xbox live games which takes 1000X the bandwith of this terriblly programmed game. cleared all content on infern on inferno tooooo. very sad what they dont do for the people....but the made 6million copies at 60bucks a pop....i wouldnt care either if i was a billionaire.......
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]