Diablo® III

Best Class for Hardcore

So I've been playing softcore for awhile and decided I want to try hardcore for awhile.
I have a DH, Barb, Monk, and WD up to at least level 40 and I was curious what the best class(if there is one) for hardcore mode. I enjoy being able to take multiple hits like on my barb(my favorite class so far) and my monk, but I'm curious if I'm going to be running away the whole time if I'm melee.
If there is a best class, if you could tell me some of your experiences with said class and give me a little more info as of how that class fairs in hardcore versus the other classes.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
WD is very nice with 4 dogs and gargantuan
Reply Quote
Monk is my preferred class. Damage mitigation skills and heals work very well for hardcore.
Reply Quote
The melee classes have better survivability

I'm partial to the monk. I'm in love with Cyclone Strike, when grouped you clump the monsters on yourself and burn them down with AoE.

At higher levels you see a lot of monks and barbarians, but very few squishy classes.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Hogg
WD is very nice with 4 dogs and gargantuan

Is that so? Last I heard, the WD pets weren't very great in hell/inferno. That was before the patch of course, and I haven't been on my WD in awhile.

06/27/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Dawg6
Monk is my preferred class. Damage mitigation skills and heals work very well for hardcore.

I can see why that would be more recommended. Thanks for the input.

Any more advice is greatly appreciated!
Reply Quote
Every class works in hardcore, play something that you will enjoy and suits your playstyle.
Reply Quote
The melee classes have better survivability

I'm partial to the monk. I'm in love with Cyclone Strike, when grouped you clump the monsters on yourself and burn them down with AoE.

At higher levels you see a lot of monks and barbarians, but very few squishy classes.

I figured that, and now I'm wondering if I want to play the barbarian or the monk, or just roll both.
Reply Quote
barbarian is by far the best class.
Reply Quote
I've been finding more success on Monk rather than Barbarian.

Both still alive up to 50, I find that between heals and Serenity, I have very few "Oh crap" moments on my Monk.

Might change at level cap in Inferno
Reply Quote
So I've been playing softcore for awhile and decided I want to try hardcore for awhile.
I have a DH, Barb, Monk, and WD up to at least level 40 and I was curious what the best class(if there is one) for hardcore mode. I enjoy being able to take multiple hits like on my barb(my favorite class so far) and my monk, but I'm curious if I'm going to be running away the whole time if I'm melee.
If there is a best class, if you could tell me some of your experiences with said class and give me a little more info as of how that class fairs in hardcore versus the other classes.

Thanks!

I like barb. Revenge=faceroll everything up to inferno. Withdoctor are also allowed to die once every minute and a half with spirit vessel, which is kinda cool.
Reply Quote
Seriously, you should just play with what suits you better.

Every single class is viable.
Reply Quote
Seriously, you should just play with what suits you better.

Every single class is viable.

I would just say that Demon Hunter might be a littler harder. I wouldn't call it "not viable" but from playing it on SC, it seems like getting through the game with zero deaths would be a little more nerve-wracking on a DH than other classes.
Reply Quote

Thanks!

I like barb. Revenge=faceroll everything up to inferno. Withdoctor are also allowed to die once every minute and a half with spirit vessel, which is kinda cool.

Yeah that's why I like barb too. and I didn't know witch doctors could do that..Cool!
Reply Quote
View profile
Wizard and Barbarian are the best. It is also the only duo that has killed diablo on inferno. They are also the only classes that can reliably survive 3 solid attacks from end bosses,

I have 3 level 60 barbs and 2 level 60 wizards. Three are spares I powerleveled with the old kulle method. I've lost a wizard before in inferno act 1 to a pack of those burrowing frog thingies, and I am too conservative to venture further. Yes I know I suck. Whatever. I haven't had to dip into my Barbarian spares yet though. Barb is quite a bit easier.
Reply Quote
IMO: Barb > Monk > Wizard > DH/WD

I see more Barbs and Monks than anything else.

I feel safest on my Monk. Dashing Strike is amazing.

Wizard has lots of survivability and dps as well. (2nd class I feel safest on)

WD is just straight scary to play, imho. I'm on my 3rd atm (lvl59.5) and by far its the scariest class I've played in HC.

As far as DH, I only have a lowbie, but my buddies lvl60 is taking baby steps just farming Hell and up to Northwest Gate in Inferno. He's terrified. (as much as every other DH in inferno)
Reply Quote
Thanks everyone for the information! Helped a lot.
I'm just going to level a barb and a monk on HC and see how it goes.

IMO: Barb > Monk > Wizard > DH/WD

I see more Barbs and Monks than anything else.

I feel safest on my Monk. Dashing Strike is amazing.

Wizard has lots of survivability and dps as well. (2nd class I feel safest on)

WD is just straight scary to play, imho. I'm on my 3rd atm (lvl59.5) and by far its the scariest class I've played in HC.

As far as DH, I only have a lowbie, but my buddies lvl60 is taking baby steps just farming Hell and up to Northwest Gate in Inferno. He's terrified. (as much as every other DH in inferno)

Yeah if I were going to play a softy character it would be wizard. My main is a DH, played her the longest. It must be extremely scary to play it on hardcore.
Reply Quote
I'd also throw in a good word for playing what you enjoy most.

Hardcore is all about the journey; the destination is when your character dies, so it's probably best not to focus on that. Pick the character(s) you most enjoy playing for the journey and then try to keep them alive for a long time -- while still challenging yourself enough to have fun.

Also, consider running multiple characters so that losing one won't hurt as much.
Reply Quote
I'm going to run my W/D untill I beat ACT 1 and then run a monk through ACT 1 and see which one I like the most. I just don't like the spirit the monk uses it just goes soo fast!
Reply Quote
I play a Doc mostly. Just killed my Dh. You know in one of those places you know you should go. But you go anyway.

Ok now onto what i was gong to say. My doc has seem many friends die before his eyes. 60 monks, demon hunters, and barbs... but im still alive. lol. for some reason my docs just live longer. Spirit vessel is a god send because i lag lots :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]