Diablo® III

Arcane Dynamo Frost Nova?

When I have 5 flashes of insight, my next non-signature move receives 75% more dmg. I've noticed that when I have a 5 stack ready and I put on a shield it stays up. When I use frost nova or diamond skin (without the dmg rune) it gets used! I haven't tried slow time yet, but I think that the flashes of insight should be used when I use a skill that deals dmg only.

Not sure if this was intentional or not...but it annoying when approaching a mob and my 75% dmg disappears because I frost nova or diamond skin before attacking.
Reply Quote
it's because frost nova has a rune that changes it to a damaging spell. so it is possible for arcane dynamo to affect frost nova. I know nobody uses that rune, but still, thats why this is happening. maybe if blizzard hears enough people whine about this then they will change the mechanic to only blow your five stack if you have that particular frost nova rune.

edit: the same is true for DS: it has multiple runes that deal damage as well
Edited by Macabre#1635 on 6/28/2012 6:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I know the runes can take advantage of the Arcane Dynamo, I just think the stack should be rune specific.
Reply Quote
Uhmm... There's a huge inconstancy in that then, because teleport doesn't benefit from Arcane Dynamo. I didn't notice Frost nova ate my stacks up. I'll have to keep an eye on that.
Reply Quote
Bumping this.. It's really quite annoying that frost nova deals no damage and yet still uses the arcane dynamo stacks. Not sure why this hasn't been fixed yet.
Reply Quote
All frost nova runes (except for frozen mist) deal 1% weapon damage. That's why.
:(
Reply Quote
Yeah this is really annoying.
Reply Quote
Bumping this yet again. This needs to be addressed. Most annoying thing ever to have your stacks expended on a spell that doesn't do any damage.

While we're at it can we get a cool sound effect to let us know when we have 5 arcane dynamo stacks? our own sound effect, but kind of like that barbarian sound when that one skill they have refreshes (overpower?)?
Reply Quote
View profile
Bumping this yet again. This needs to be addressed. Most annoying thing ever to have your stacks expended on a spell that doesn't do any damage.

While we're at it can we get a cool sound effect to let us know when we have 5 arcane dynamo stacks? our own sound effect, but kind of like that barbarian sound when that one skill they have refreshes (overpower?)?

I posted the same thing a while back about the notification because it's far worse than you might realize. If you are channeling a spell, then get 5 stacks while channeling, you will consume those stacks and not get any benefit. This should obviously be fixed, but if you at least had a notification you could work around this issue.

And ya, using Frost Nova and AD is just a recipe for frustration. I basically feel like they are mutually exclusive in my builds.
Reply Quote
Ugh I didn't know about the arcane dynamo *after* channeling ... thanks for the tip .. yeah a notification sound would be really nice ... why not a little graphic around the wiz too ;o
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]