Diablo® III

Why can't I use 2 of the same legendary?

I don't know if anyone has noticed this or if it's a big deal, but I find it annoying that I can't equip more then one of the same legendary weapons at the same time. For example I got a legendary fist weapon for my Monk, then I decided I wanted to have a matching set. So I bought an other one from the AH only to find out that the game won't allow me to equip it!

I really don't understand why. Does this happen to other classes too? Im in the process of trying to test if I can hold 2 different legendary weapons at the same time, if that works then I guess thats okay. But I still find it annoying. Plus I wonder if this problem happens with trying to equip 2 of the same rings.

If anyone has any insight it would be appreciated.
Edited by eyeMedic#1741 on 6/27/2012 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks that makes sense I guess. I wish you could though... :/
Reply Quote
Grab an Authenticator.

Close case... next
Reply Quote
What does that have to do with anything? lol
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 04:50 PMPosted by PanZilla
Grab an Authenticator.

this helped, thanks :)
Reply Quote
Because Legendary items are considered "unique" and therefore you cannot have more than one at a time.
Reply Quote
It might seem dumb at first glance, but you know Blizzard.
They ALWAYS know better than you do when it comes to how you're supposed to have fun.

Just trust in them, you weren't meant to be able to equip two because of.. uh.. immersion yeah that's it.
Reply Quote
You can't use two of the same legendary because even Jay Wilson doesn't think a character should be that underpowered.

"We tuned legendaries to the point where our testers said they were good, and then we halved it!" -JW
Edited by Zane#1670 on 6/27/2012 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
It might seem dumb at first glance, but you know Blizzard.
They ALWAYS know better than you do when it comes to how you're supposed to have fun.

Just trust in them, you weren't meant to be able to equip two because of.. uh.. immersion yeah that's it.

you can remove every restriction in the game, then you wouldn't have a game.
Reply Quote
It was a WoW concept primarily to allow an enchanter to be able to pick up an item he already had to disenchant it.
Reply Quote
another disappointment in D3... how could blizz mess this game up that much. they must have been brainwashed from WoW or something because if D2 had better graphics I'd consider it the sequel of D3. no joke.
Reply Quote
I don't know if anyone has noticed this or if it's a big deal, but I find it annoying that I can't equip more then one of the same legendary weapons at the same time. For example I got a legendary fist weapon for my Monk, then I decided I wanted to have a matching set. So I bought an other one from the AH only to find out that the game won't allow me to equip it!

I really don't understand why. Does this happen to other classes too? Im in the process of trying to test if I can hold 2 different legendary weapons at the same time, if that works then I guess thats okay. But I still find it annoying. Plus I wonder if this problem happens with trying to equip 2 of the same rings.

If anyone has any insight it would be appreciated.

It happens frequently with rings, and 1h xbows (for the DH's that like 1h xbows)
If you want a "matching set", there's a set of claws that match.

The rings kind of bother me, but then I find a yellow that can easily replace a Legendary I was eyeing. Given the current itemization of Legendaries/Sets, I don't think there's two of the same pieces I *have* to use.
Reply Quote
Weren't we able to in D2? Assuming you had a character the could duel wield
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Virgo4Ever
Because Legendary items are considered "unique" and therefore you cannot have more than one at a time.

What??? If a legendary was truly unique the other wouldn't exist... except they do. Therefore they aren't really unique.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]