Diablo® III

Props to Blizzard writing team :)

Minor Spoilers warning.

Okay first off I've NEVER played Diablo for the story. I know they put a lot of effort into it but the Diablo franchise has never had the strongest writing. Agree or disagree that's where I stand.

I've been playing the game for a while, got a character up to 60 and working on 2 more to get to that point. I kinda breezed through some of the sections due to wanting to level up. On my 3rd character Blizzard actually got me.

Early Act 4 before I rescued Auriel I went back to the Keep to sell stuff and i guess I never visited the Bastion that early. ..

I found the Burial Wishes book.

and I found Nikola.

beats the Deckard Caine punch moment by a ward margin.

I loved listening to the pair of lovers, one pair young and hopeful, one pair weathered and true. Congrats Blizzard, you made me care about background npcs.

Question to any of the Blizz tam writers; Where did Nikola's husband meet his fate? My personal canon is the guard that Adria offed during the Blacksoultone scene in Act 3.
Reply Quote
Several of the minor characters have the best dialouge. Also, a lot of the lore books were interesting. Just wish the main story line was stronger.
Reply Quote
lol if they put effort into the story of d3 than that just shows their incompetence, theyve had atleast 5 years to perfect the story, and intsead they chose to butcher it.
Reply Quote
ya know this is why I can never take anyone seriously in the Battle.net forums

I find more reasonable people in the #chan message boards

Im betting demiurge doesnt read much just by that one comment alone. doesn't take 5 years huh? but yeah demiurge is a man of distinguished literary tastes.

It takes more than one person to write the story, and while you folks may not like it (its meh to me), people worked on it, spent nights to mornings on it like any other project.

sad little men trying to tear down something to make themselves happy make me laugh. Ignorant people make me sad :P
Reply Quote
lol i didnt think that "no" and "rinky dink" was the height of politeness

and i never attacked you. READ. wait...you barely do that

see NOW i just went after you.

how am i a hypocrite? They wrote something that i have problems with. I didnt say that they didnt put effort into it. heck I came here to compliment them on the parts i liked. I was not looking for an excuse to insult and attack

you did.

you get a clue. Ask Blue to point it out for you if you're having a hard time.
Reply Quote
lol that wasnt an attack. that was a FACT.

because you wouldnt make that comment otherwise :)

awww noes someone called me a fanboi. imma cry now.
Reply Quote
still noticed you can't defend your 5 year comment.

see I'm not a troll. you trolled first.

You just failed.

*shrugs* and like I said... if a whole group of trolls tear down Diablo 3 its not really my problem. Im not defending the lore

I just liked one part of it and gave my compliment. you came into my thread trying to tear that down

how petty can you get?
Reply Quote
see you just moved from "no effort" to "effort involved was subpar"

didnt jedi teach you not to talk in absolutes so you dont have to pull your foot from your mouth?

my argument was effort was involved. you said there was none. THAT was my problem.

whether or not we liked the results is a whole other issue.
Reply Quote
Minor Spoilers warning.

Okay first off I've NEVER played Diablo for the story. I know they put a lot of effort into it but the Diablo franchise has never had the strongest writing. Agree or disagree that's where I stand.

I've been playing the game for a while, got a character up to 60 and working on 2 more to get to that point. I kinda breezed through some of the sections due to wanting to level up. On my 3rd character Blizzard actually got me.

Early Act 4 before I rescued Auriel I went back to the Keep to sell stuff and i guess I never visited the Bastion that early. ..

I found the Burial Wishes book.

and I found Nikola.

beats the Deckard Caine punch moment by a ward margin.

I loved listening to the pair of lovers, one pair young and hopeful, one pair weathered and true. Congrats Blizzard, you made me care about background npcs.

Question to any of the Blizz tam writers; Where did Nikola's husband meet his fate? My personal canon is the guard that Adria offed during the Blacksoultone scene in Act 3.

so you never played D1 and/or D2?
Reply Quote
so you dont consider your "no effort" and "rink dink" comments as attacks but valid criticism?

interesting. XD

my issue with you has always been the hyperbole. i said so in my first response to you. if you cant read, thats not my problem.

and again, you still havent addressed the 5 year novel thing. lol.

if you came up to the thread with a reasonable attitude I wouldnt have to pull your foot out of your mouth. You didnt come into the thread with a valid discussion, just a snide dismissive "no" and utter disrespect.

I'm just giving back. Harder it seems as you seem to be QQ'ing.
Reply Quote
oh we both know who got butthurt here.

and yes i can infer that you dont read much because you honestly think no books (regardless of whether theyre good or bad) take 5 years to make. Robert Jordan? GRR Martin? Know those guys? Wiki. Its a place on the interwebs where you can know stuff.

but if itll make little baby feel better ill apologize :)
Edited by Bakerofish#1484 on 6/30/2012 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]