Diablo® III

Life on Hit nerf

When is this going to happen? Is it going to happen? The reddit transcript suggested it would happen..."soon."

Just wanting to know what gear I should be investing in... The stat is excellent with fast one hand weapons, even better with an offhand with additional life on hit. Dual wielding improves the healing by 15% because of the ias boost innate to dual wielding.

Theorycrafting points to end game gear being dual wield with high LoH and increased critical hit damage on each weapon.

What can we expect??
Reply Quote
I think Blizzard is reluctant to nerf Life on Hit, at least before buffing the melee classes. Atm this stat is the only thing keeping them relevant on later inferno acts.

Moreover there was a ton of backlash from people who spent gold on IAS weapons (and a few who had used real money despite the announce occurring before the RMAH opened). Now that we've had a while to spend said "real money", a nerf to one of the most, and in fact probably THE MOST expensive stat would incur some true wrath.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 02:41 PMPosted by eric
uhhh i have zero life on hit and can easily smash through all of inferno. it is a very overrated stat.

Take a look at the barbarian forums, specifically http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888809698

This build is seriously good and requires mediocre/bad gear to clear all of inferno. But, leech simply does not work for it anywhere near as well as LoH does. It has to do with the skills attacking very quickly in AOE on multiple targets.

Witch doctor has some builds too that rely on it. With 1400 LoH you can tank just about anything. The heals are ridiculous, upwards of 80k life gain per second.
Reply Quote
It's already been nerfed. IAS nerf was to nerf this also. You attack slower, which means less hits that give you life.

:) I love this game.
Reply Quote
It's already been nerfed. IAS nerf was to nerf this also. You attack slower, which means less hits that give you life.

:) I love this game.

I love it too, I just don't want to invest lots of gold into things that are going to be 'useless' after 1.04.
Reply Quote
When is this going to happen? Is it going to happen? The reddit transcript suggested it would happen..."soon."

Just wanting to know what gear I should be investing in... The stat is excellent with fast one hand weapons, even better with an offhand with additional life on hit. Dual wielding improves the healing by 15% because of the ias boost innate to dual wielding.

Theorycrafting points to end game gear being dual wield with high LoH and increased critical hit damage on each weapon.

What can we expect??

If Blizz decides to nerf LOH then the best investment for anyone is to take your Diablo III game and delete it from you computer.

That would be the worst nerf that Blizz can ever do even worst than 1.03.

Monks and Barbs would be rendered useless. Yeah sure, some will say they don't need it and its overrated. Just want to see how there gonna take down Diablo in Inferno without it.

These nerfs only ruin the game more and more. I expect another mass exodus and even more if they ever decide to nerf LOH. That won't be wise since this game is already on life support and can ill afford to lose more players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]