Diablo® III

1.0.3b Delayed (Updated)

So the hotfix has already been applied but I dont think, when I started D3, that I had to patch at all. Are you sure it already happened?
2 Human Paladin
06/28/2012 09:05 AMPosted by ClaicYuzolt
So the hotfix has already been applied but I dont think, when I started D3, that I had to patch at all. Are you sure it already happened?

It's a hotfix, not a patch.
I've been having a lot of fun farming with my group, looking forward to the higher drop rates :)

Gosh there sure are a lot of negative nellies on this forum. It's plenty fun and playable!!
1 Goblin Rogue
hotfix is live? yes/no
06/28/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Behindyöu
hotfix is live? yes/no

Maybe.
06/28/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Uthber

It's a hotfix, not a patch.

Meaning I see no downloading on my end when it is applied?
People griped about droprates, Blizz had a patch not ready to go, and released a hotfix for the drops in the meantime. This was a good post. The amount of complaints here just reinforces the "damned if we do, damned if we don't" mentality at Blizz, and weakens the chances that changes will be made based on user suggestions.
06/28/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Behindyöu
hotfix is live? yes/no

Friend says the servers were down when he tried to log on earlier...was getting errors at login.

Also says that the AH was down when he was finally able to get in.

So seems the servers were reset and hotfix applied....though could have just been a problem with the servers (as usual :P).

And no you shouldn't have to download anything for a hotfix.
Edited by Honch#1396 on 6/28/2012 9:15 AM PDT
hotfix update is up! great stuff

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_-_June_Updated_612-6_13_2012#blog
Edited by edamer#2670 on 6/28/2012 9:15 AM PDT
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_-_June_Updated_612-6_13_2012#blog

seems like it's up?
1. Tell people that drop rates are suddenly better, but secretly do nothing.
2. All of a sudden people are saying that drop rates are great.
3. Thanks Blizz!
4. ???
5. Profit.
06/28/2012 09:11 AMPosted by wahmpire
People griped about droprates, Blizz had a patch not ready to go, and released a hotfix for the drops in the meantime. This was a good post. The amount of complaints here just reinforces the "damned if we do, damned if we don't" mentality at Blizz, and weakens the chances that changes will be made based on user suggestions.

it's like going to the proctologist and while he's rootin around in there you notice both his hands on your shoulders...nobody likes surprise buttsecks.
2 Human Paladin
Wow they really brought up drop rates overall, surprised act 1 & 2 got an increased item level 63 drop rate.
Community Manager
06/28/2012 09:14 AMPosted by edamer
hotfix update is up! great stuff

Damn. You guys are fast! I was just heading over here to link the updated hotfix blog. :)

Just for repetition sake, the new hotfixes (deployed this morning) can be found here.
LOL Sticks :)
YAY TY BLIZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Bash, this is the second time in a row I am going to call you out.

I know, and you KNOW, that when you posted this you KNOW the updates you are going to release. To say ... herp derp, in 5 hours we are going to tell you what we are doing, is just stupid, and only points to the extact problem. You know, but are unwilling to share the reality with us all. You bury the updates in threads like this instead of giving solo threads, with updates as soon as you know them. People have had a TON of issues with the content of your rollouts, but the MANNER of your rollouts are just as problematic.

Crap, this is what I do. I am a PhD student in Poli Sci, and one of my favourite foci for studies is how parties roll out policies and responses. You (blizz) have failed in almost every measure I can come up with ... please, if you are looking to, hire me. I could help you SO fricken much. ... your roll out is possibly the worst I have seen. Worse then coffee table books that didn't sell by Connan ... in all honesty.

But as you're so well versed in such matters I'd be happy to take any notes you have on how to better serve a game, its updates, and surrounding communication simultaneously in 13 languages.

You could start by not being such a male sex organ. That might help. You can then go onto formulating an excuse about how 'difficult' it is to actually patch without having created more issues than you attempted to solve. WOW has been around for how long and you've almost never had a patch that didn't cause more issues. Of course, since the left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing, planning ahead with those patch notes doesn't make much since.

In the end, it came down to Z being that organ, and now you're turning into one. Maybe you need a vacation? Maybe you need to try careerbuilder because all those RMAH fees pay your salary and I'm becoming quite sick of your attitude. We didn't release the game, you guys did. You're a community manager, get some thicker skin.
I complain a lot about Blizzard but for the first time in a LONG time it's about time I said these two words to the developers:

Well done.

Now keep it up.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]