Diablo® III

1.0.3b Delayed (Updated)

Fix the !@#$ that makes me update my Launcher even when i play on Euro (and it's availible for America)... And it downloads the update and i cant play on Euro anymore... -.-
06/28/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Velara
Excellent! If players in game actually start getting gear needed to complete the game, I will stop thinking that the nerf age was to facilitate Activisions' executive board's salting the RMAH with great items that they generate. I blame Activision for this mess, because Blizzard probably has little control at this point.

I agree with the Night Elf.
Haven't yet tested post hotfix but 25% drop chance for i61 items in a1i sounds good. Also yay for boss drop boost!!
Bosses are now guaranteed to drop at least 1 Rare item for players with 4 stacks of Nephalem Valor and at least 2 Rare items for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor

Doesn't work. I just tried this in Act I Inferno. Elite with 4 stack gave me 0 and an elite with 5 stack gave me 1.

Does this only apply to "bosses". If so, what are classified as "bosses"? Purple mobs?
Edited by Tidauron#1650 on 6/28/2012 10:22 AM PDT
06/27/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Bashiok
But as you're so well versed in such matters I'd be happy to take any notes you have on how to better serve a game, its updates, and surrounding communication simultaneously in 13 languages.

Ortsbo technology might be able to assist with your multi language communications.

www.ortsbo.com
this is still not gonna fix this game. i dont want rare ilvl63 loot which is crap 99,9 % of the time. i want to see drop a unique unid ring (which could be anything) and hoping that it might be a soj after identifying which i was looking for since ive seen that ring on the arreat summit.

Right now, its just ZzZ.
Thanks for fixing the drop rates! Can't wait to enjoy farming A3 again when I get home! Keep up with the great work to make the game fun! =)
Drop rate change is very much appreciated. However, I see you still havent made act2 any less difficult. Everyone I know who has been playing as pretty much quit after being stuck in act1 inferno. I guess better drops will help make more gold which will help buy better stuff and/or offset repair costs.
+1 for posting updates early
+1 for following through with updates in a timely manner (early even)
+1 for listening to your playerbase

now if only i had time to play today
Doesn't work. I just tried this in Act I Inferno. Elite with 4 stack gave me 0 and an elite with 5 stack gave me 1.

Does this only apply to "bosses". If so, what are classified as "bosses"? Purple mobs?

the butcher, belial, azmodan, diablo are considered bosses. you dumb !@#$.

Not nerfed at all, you retard
He's complaining that each Act didn't get buffed by the same amount as each other and is for whatever reason, using that as an incredibly awful reason to complain.

Heh, well I like the changes of course. You guys seemed to miss the "RELATIVELY" part. So I've been playing act1 since I can farm elites more then 4x times faster then act3 with no chance of death. So relatively speaking act 3/4 loot was reduced (sorry, was nerf too strong of a word) compared to act1 loot. I was looking forward to more of a loot bump in the harder acts to reward better for the added difficulty.

You guys should be good at math, that is 30% of the skill that involves playing diablo 3. The other 69% is auction house economics.

And again, I like the changes, I was just hoping for the harder acts to get bumped further relative to the easier acts to give me some incentive to kill the elites that take a few mins in act3 versus 5 seconds in act1.
Oh Jesus Christ Virgin Mary God Allah Buddha and all that is holy that may or may not exist.

There is a Blizzard out there. Believe.
Concerning the drop rate of rares... I agree with most people here that that is not the problem but the quality of the drops.

Long story short, I was about to quit out of frustration but decided to give it another try so I farmed Hell Act 4 for a day and with 5 Valor I managed to get from red equipment to 250,000 gold and 2 tabs of my stash filled with nothing but rares. NOT ONE of them was even remotely useable so I had to buy a weapon and chest armor from the AH (not the RMAH) just to survive long enough Hell Act 4 and not be booted from my group.

In summery, The random nature of the drops is the worst idea ever and just lazy programming because it never seems to work out in the actual game. Do some work instead and make drops useful by making some sort of algorithm that takes into account what the player actually needs then randomize from there.

Still holding out for this game to eventually be fixed but with the RMAH still going strong it doesn't seem like I'll get my wish any time soon.

I agree, there is no point to get tons of rare, but none of them are usefull
These actually look like Blizzard has put out an update that has made something better. Good job so far.
Thanks blizzard! Well done.
I think what you need to do now is lower the repair costs in Hell and Inferno.. It cost about 10,000 gold coins the first time I had to "repair" my DH and thats just nuts cause the level didnt even have that much gold in it.
I am excited after reading these patch notes! Thank you for listening!

the butcher, belial, azmodan, diablo are considered bosses. you dumb !@#$.

Are your panties too tight?
Edited by Tidauron#1650 on 6/28/2012 10:41 AM PDT
Community Manager
06/28/2012 10:15 AMPosted by NubCake
Fix the !@#$ that makes me update my Launcher even when i play on Euro (and it's availible for America)... And it downloads the update and i cant play on Euro anymore... -.-

I'd personally recommend that if you primarily play in EU that you spend some time to download the EU client and reinstall using it. That goes for anyone who isn't using a client of the same region as their primary play region. By using the client for your region you can avoid a client mismatch when we patch.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]