Diablo® III

1.0.3b Delayed (Updated)

06/27/2012 09:07 PMPosted by TimGbow
+1 for the transparency, thank you for keeping us on the same page! This is how we progress together as a community. You have my gratitude and support. Now, off to Sanctuary!

And thanks for making sure the drop rates got pushed through this week, even if the rest of 1.0.3b didn't. I appreciate you doing your best to stick to that, even though it was just a maybe.

It's a step in the right direction.

For all we know they will tune down the chance for items to roll good stats, which will easily offset any increase in drop rates.

If/when they ever discuss roll chances then yeah, it will be transparent.
wow you sound mad, but in all honestly your words fall on deaf ears. If your not paying them money then it's either get out of the way or go buy the good in rmah, now that you know your role, i do know my role which is, oh wait i already did quit the game sorry.

People were upset because they weren't getting high ilvl drops in Act 1, so all Acts were adjusted to compensate for putting those in. Then, people were upset because Act 3/4 ilvl quality drops decreased, so now that is being adjusted. Bashiok said earlier this week that they are still testing it but would try to get it out by the end of the week. They couldn't get all of 1.0.3b out, but he still knows how important it was to get that much to us and he is making sure it happens.

Also, if you quit and aren't interested in coming back then what are you doing posting in the hotfix notes?
Edited by TimGbow#1249 on 6/27/2012 9:29 PM PDT
BASHIOK I AM THANKFUL
06/27/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Tony
Unnerf Inferno difficulty please.
I'm kinda torn about this comment. Think back to how diablo 2 worked.

Take the hammerdin pally for example...below is arguably the best gear (not for ubers however).

Helm: Shako - extra +skill, and loads of life/mana - clear winner
Ammy: Maras - great ammy, but you could use a rare +2/FCR ammy too
Sheild: Spirit Sacred Targe (maybe HoZ)
Weapon: HoTo - Can't beat it
Gloves: Upped Magefist - FCR and mana regen. can't be beat
Rings: Soj and gg FCR
Belt: Arachnids
Boots: Sandstorm - better mods, but I'd use WTs for MFing
on switch: CTA + Spirit
and of course, Nigma

While this might be the best gear for a hammerdin....it was NOT required to be able to tank hell baal runs with a full house.

The fundamental flaw in D3 (compared to D2) is that it's required to have the "best" gear to even progress. In D2, you could take a hammerdin, deck him out in gear farmed from nightmare and be well on your way to tank hell baal. That's just not possible in D3's current state.

On the one hand, pre inferno nerf, drops were underpowered.

Buff drops, revert inferno nerf = still requires best of the best gear to progress, you never feel stronger.

Buff drops, keep inferno nerf = feels more like D2 but it becomes vastly easier for the majority. Since there is no end game (similar to Pandemonium Quest from D2), getting "better" gear has no point.
85 Blood Elf Mage
I sure do hope that's a good cup of coffee they get.
now, I am thankful, but don't kidding us with a new dXXm lower rates

However, we know that a number of changes in 1.0.3b have been highly anticipated, and so we spent the better part of today pulling specific changes that did not run into testing issues out of 1.0.3b, and turning them into hotfixes. These include the Inferno drop increases among a couple others.

This has made my day :)
Thank you.
Can the broken vote kick feature be fixed with a hotfix? 3 players should be able to kick a 4th player who's been sitting in town for 10+ minutes, but there are many times when they can't.
RMAH commodities going to be turned on anytime this millennium?
90 Draenei Shaman
To be honest I doubt most people care about anything except the drop changes. Although I am curious what other changes you were planning on adding in 1.0.3b? I think the only think we know about is the drop changes.
This is a huge step in the right direction. Anyone who doesn't see that needs to stop being sour about the first 1-2 months and give them a chance.

They couldn't launch a few things, and 1-2 months ago they would have just pushed it back, now they are launching the important parts right as we speak, as in early.

Increased drop rates make for happy gaming. So chill.
Concerning the drop rate of rares... I agree with most people here that that is not the problem but the quality of the drops.

Long story short, I was about to quit out of frustration but decided to give it another try so I farmed Hell Act 4 for a day and with 5 Valor I managed to get from red equipment to 250,000 gold and 2 tabs of my stash filled with nothing but rares. NOT ONE of them was even remotely useable so I had to buy a weapon and chest armor from the AH (not the RMAH) just to survive long enough Hell Act 4 and not be booted from my group.

In summery, The random nature of the drops is the worst idea ever and just lazy programming because it never seems to work out in the actual game. Do some work instead and make drops useful by making some sort of algorithm that takes into account what the player actually needs then randomize from there.

Still holding out for this game to eventually be fixed but with the RMAH still going strong it doesn't seem like I'll get my wish any time soon.
Edited by Dante#1561 on 6/27/2012 10:23 PM PDT
How about USEFULL fear? Playing a Sorc and Monk gear drops? who cares,. I need Sorc gear for a Sorc, Monk gear for a Monk etc. And these retarded monsters, How about some regular monsters? all I seem to get are Blues and Golds, wouldnt be so bad if they actually dropped something usefull. But I get what Bli$$ard is about. Just like nerfing chest, jars and bodies so no more rare chance of something even adequate. Got to buy it from Gold House or Auction House. Now i get why you cant make your own games anymore, people making trades and Bli44 gets nothing from us bartering with each other, hench the forced online games with randoms. Same as deaths, you gots to make sure you get paid.. Pretty sad, I think Ill reload up Diablo 2, purchase full gear for a MF paladin from any number of item sellers (D2legit etc). Perhaps It was the "Tool (s)" that developed D3, couldnt pull their heads out of their a$$es. If it aint broke dont fix it, make it better but Bli$$ screwed the pooch there. Just hope 1 day a Bli44ard employee next a roof, siding, somesort of repairs to their home, then I can change the rules after they pay 50% up front as per industry standards as they did to us. O did I say 1-3 days, the paperwork says 3-5 after your cheque clears, sould have read the fine print with the Hubble Telescope. Guarenteed you call me everyday all day either wanting your money back or when is the work going to be done, but my phone lines are busy, Ill get back to you with a pc generated response. When that upsets you, then Ill take another week to get back to you, only to blame you regardless.

That's my opinion, not yours, I'm the Qman
Will Ghom be changed?

He seems bugged now.
89 Worgen Mage
06/27/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Honch

And thanks for making sure the drop rates got pushed through this week, even if the rest of 1.0.3b didn't. I appreciate you doing your best to stick to that, even though it was just a maybe.

It's a step in the right direction.

For all we know they will tune down the chance for items to roll good stats, which will easily offset any increase in drop rates.

If/when they ever discuss roll chances then yeah, it will be transparent.

Not possible. Already at the lowest possible setting.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]