Diablo® III

1.0.3b Delayed (Updated)

There were no patch notes as of yet.
Not really inferred by posts splayyered.
Original statements that 1.0.3b was posted by Lyllira in regards to a 1.0.3a post saying 1.0.3b would incorporate some that couldn't be shoved into 3a.

Don't have the link off hand.

Hmm, ok thanks for the reply.
ETA if is not this week? next week july6?
Edited by nek#1853 on 6/27/2012 10:50 PM PDT
There were no patch notes as of yet.
Not really inferred by posts splayyered.
Original statements that 1.0.3b was posted by Lyllira in regards to a 1.0.3a post saying 1.0.3b would incorporate some that couldn't be shoved into 3a.

Don't have the link off hand.

Hmm, ok thanks for the reply.

Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911504045#10
another patch, another thing nerfed
Awsome this is what i like to see bash!!! updates darn it Updates!!! woo. thanks for letting us know whats going on...

P.s screw these little kids trolling the forums..the game is not the best but i play it every dam day and love it!

I know it can only get better from here on out! thanks for the hard work.
this is good, loot drops will be increased
The knowing of absence is better than the absence of knowing.

-Thanks for the info
Edited by TidalPanda#1593 on 6/27/2012 10:56 PM PDT
Google Language tools? The marvels of modern technology.

LOL, I dont think google language tools or any translator has ever formulated a coherent sentence. It may get most of the words right, but ive seen sentences that dont even make sense. That would be a great idea and wouldn't cause any confusion or misinterpretation from different player bases (sarcasm).

06/27/2012 10:27 PMPosted by ALeetPlayer
Bash, this is the second time in a row I am going to call you out.

And honestly I could care less about how the changes are communicated, Bashioks post was pretty straightforward, can we get back to talking about trying to improve the game? Ive been pretty critical of the game and company, but geesh, give the guy a break he is just a human being. You were all over the place in that rant.
Edited by Stills#1156 on 6/27/2012 10:58 PM PDT

I know, and you KNOW, that when you posted this you KNOW the updates you are going to release. To say ... herp derp, in 5 hours we are going to tell you what we are doing, is just stupid, and only points to the extact problem. You know, but are unwilling to share the reality with us all. You bury the updates in threads like this instead of giving solo threads, with updates as soon as you know them. People have had a TON of issues with the content of your rollouts, but the MANNER of your rollouts are just as problematic.

Crap, this is what I do. I am a PhD student in Poli Sci, and one of my favourite foci for studies is how parties roll out policies and responses. You (blizz) have failed in almost every measure I can come up with ... please, if you are looking to, hire me. I could help you SO fricken much. ... your roll out is possibly the worst I have seen. Worse then coffee table books that didn't sell by Connan ... in all honesty.

We're a global company, and we attempt as much as possible to ensure we release things globally in as many languages as possible. We're not perfect in that goal, but we make a strong effort, because we believe that support of our games does not need to begin and end with one language or one country. The time to translate and coordinate posting of changes takes time, and posting it in one language and region first for information that can be coordinated (and not all of it can) is a disservice to the global community.

But as you're so well versed in such matters I'd be happy to take any notes you have on how to better serve a game, its updates, and surrounding communication simultaneously in 13 languages.

i run a multi national company. heres a tip for you. improve the HR department.
its NOT a small gaming company just about artists and programmers anymore.
so if you proudly state that its a global company, HIRE like a global company.
Thanks for the update. One note, could you comment a bit when you have a chance on Whimsy shire? At present (Afaik) the droprrate is the same as act 3/4, and the difficulty is supposed to be similar. Will this continue to be the case?

A fair number of people, myself included, would like to see a "super hard" content in the vein of act 3/4 pre inferno nerfs that has even better reward ratios, even if it means we die a lot more. Whimsyshire would seem perfect for this since it's short, completely optional, and the mobs seems harder on average already.

Also, any word on why Heaven is inferior to Act 3 in terms of respledant chests...IE there are -ZERO- resplendent chests in heaven while they seem relatively common in act 3? This alone makes act 3 far, far more attractive to farm in. Occasionally I see an "exquisite" chest in heaven but these seem very inferior to resplendent.
We're a global company, and we attempt as much as possible to ensure we release things globally in as many languages as possible. We're not perfect in that goal, but we make a strong effort, because we believe that support of our games does not need to begin and end with one language or one country. The time to translate and coordinate posting of changes takes time, and posting it in one language and region first for information that can be coordinated (and not all of it can) is a disservice to the global community.

But as you're so well versed in such matters I'd be happy to take any notes you have on how to better serve a game, its updates, and surrounding communication simultaneously in 13 languages.

We're a global company, with a collective fanbase that's so insanely rabid we're lucky someone doesn't try to attack the office when the servers go down. But we make everyone wait and drop these 11th hour posts because "it has to be translated" (welcome to google) As if it makes any difference anyway. Even if you only released the damn update in English it would get copy pasted to every other forum language within the hour and people would have translated it themselves.
When can we look forward to some game mechanic fixes ?

All we see is economy related fixes .. and for alot of us .. we just dont care
EDIT : this is what people complain about when it comes to communication

you make a post about a big change to the game plan .. then turn and walk away to let the community guess at the answers to their questions ?

and you wonder why people think Blues disregard the community >_>

When can we look forward to some game ?
It basically means they didn't have enough time to tinker with the roll mechanics so they could increase drop rates without players getting any better items.
People who were farming act 3 prior to the dreadful patch know that drops of ilvl 63 were around 20%, now they are 8%, they will prolly up it to like 12% or so and then "everyone will be happy", like we wont notice the overall endgame nerf....
Blizzard Employee
06/27/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Freudian
It basically means they didn't have enough time to tinker with the roll mechanics so they could increase drop rates without players getting any better items.

You've pulled back the curtain and revealed our dastardly plan!

I know, and you KNOW, that when you posted this you KNOW the updates you are going to release. To say ... herp derp, in 5 hours we are going to tell you what we are doing, is just stupid, and only points to the extact problem. You know, but are unwilling to share the reality with us all. You bury the updates in threads like this instead of giving solo threads, with updates as soon as you know them. People have had a TON of issues with the content of your rollouts, but the MANNER of your rollouts are just as problematic.

Crap, this is what I do. I am a PhD student in Poli Sci, and one of my favourite foci for studies is how parties roll out policies and responses. You (blizz) have failed in almost every measure I can come up with ... please, if you are looking to, hire me. I could help you SO fricken much. ... your roll out is possibly the worst I have seen. Worse then coffee table books that didn't sell by Connan ... in all honesty.

Could you at least do a better job of communicating about issues you're looking into? A basic feature like vote kicking simply isn't working. 3 players often can't kick a 4th player who's been sitting in town for 10+ minutes. Yet I haven't seen any official response about this even being looked at. Don't you see that as a problem that should be fixed?
06/27/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Bashiok

Quick, to the bat mobile!!
06/27/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Bashiok

If your gonna be snide, tell me this, why is it that you keep nerfing things then fixing them a patch later?

maybe internally test a patch before canvas nerfing everything?

hmm bash-bash?

hmm?
fix the damn fps issues already. diablo 2 never had any of these problems when it first came out. poor job. pooor
Edited by Golgo13#1610 on 6/27/2012 11:09 PM PDT
i run a multi national company. heres a tip for you. improve the HR department.
its NOT a small gaming company just about artists and programmers anymore.
so if you proudly state that its a global company, HIRE like a global company.

I bet you do!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]