Diablo® III

1.0.3b Delayed (Updated)

Community Manager
06/27/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Yokem
If your gonna be snide, tell me this, why is it that you keep nerfing things then fixing them a patch later?

Our time machine is broken.
Thank goodness the Diablo 3 community is so blessed to play side by side individuals who have run global companies, are prodigal developers, know how to please a community of millions with their Ph. D. studies in a very useless major, and highly intelligent individuals who put so much of their focus on being better than us that they neglected to pay attention to the differences in when to use certain words such as your, you're, then, and than.
06/27/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Yokem

You've pulled back the curtain and revealed our dastardly plan!

If your gonna be snide, tell me this, why is it that you keep nerfing things then fixing them a patch later?

maybe internally test a patch before canvas nerfing everything?

hmm bash-bash?

hmm?

Honestly can't blame him for being a bit sarcastic. Have you read the level of over-the-top-mouth-frothing that goes on in these forums?

He could be telling this community they are getting exactly what they (think they) want and it's absolutely guaranteed that at least 40% of the replies would be accusations of some terrible conspiracy to harvest our tears and use them to fuel their evil magic.

Inb4fanboy since it's not true.

I'm plenty quick to point out screw-ups and things that need fixed. Just wish people would >>>take a breath<<< once in a while before they post.
I am just as pissed about this game as everyone else but give Bashiok a break.. The fact that anything is being done before Tuesday is amazing and hopefully it lives up to our expectations.

Bashing the only blue post to give us ANY information on what is going on or what might be planned is stupid. The hotfixes will be out tomorrow morning (this morning for some of us) and we will all find out at that point whether or not we are happy with them.

The only reason people want to know information now is so that the next wave of people can !@#$% about what they don't want to see changed.

With that said, PLEASE keep the positive changes coming and posting as many informative threads as possible to keep people aware of what to expect. Communication has been a MASSIVE issue in the past 3 weeks and I feel as if this problem can get fixed everyone will be that much better off.
06/27/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Bashiok

Wow. If my company had employees that talked to it's customers like this 1. the company would be going down the drain (already possibly happening I guess) and 2. they'd fire them.

Blizzard as a company is as broken as it latest offering I guess.

We're a global company, and we attempt as much as possible to ensure we release things globally in as many languages as possible. We're not perfect in that goal, but we make a strong effort, because we believe that support of our games does not need to begin and end with one language or one country. The time to translate and coordinate posting of changes takes time, and posting it in one language and region first for information that can be coordinated (and not all of it can) is a disservice to the global community.

But as you're so well versed in such matters I'd be happy to take any notes you have on how to better serve a game, its updates, and surrounding communication simultaneously in 13 languages.

It's this type of condescending community interaction that is causing players to leave the game in masses. This is not how you manage a community.

Most of the complaints aren't even about the game. They're about responses like this. As a fan of this game, you throw egg on my face every time you conduct yourself like this.

Still playing. Still enjoying. Still supporting. But come on. Rise above it or sink beneath it.

Give me a break.

Being talked down to by a 'poli sci student', I'd say his response was perfectly fine.
I am just as pissed about this game as everyone else but give Bashiok a break.. The fact that anything is being done before Tuesday is amazing and hopefully it lives up to our expectations.

Bashing the only blue post to give us ANY information on what is going on or what might be planned is stupid. The hotfixes will be out tomorrow morning (this morning for some of us) and we will all find out at that point whether or not we are happy with them.

The only reason people want to know information now is so that the next wave of people can !@#$% about what they don't want to see changed.

With that said, PLEASE keep the positive changes coming and posting as many informative threads as possible to keep people aware of what to expect. Communication has been a MASSIVE issue in the past 3 weeks and I feel as if this problem can get fixed everyone will be that much better off.

True dat. I'd rather know a little bit than nothing. I'd rather hear that one of the community's largest complaints is being hotfixed to still be completed on schedule instead of them saying "Oh we've got what you want, but you can't have it until we finish taking care of other stuff you don't really care too much about or don't consider as pressing a matter as A3/A4 drop rates."

Also who cares if you get called a fanboy? Unless you're a frequent trolling/annoying poster, who's going to remember your posts tomorrow? It's not like when WoW realm forums had frequent posters and a community where everyone knew everyone and their posting style.
06/27/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Blayde

Wow. If my company had employees that talked to it's customers like this 1. the company would be going down the drain (already possibly happening I guess) and 2. they'd fire them.

the total fail of 1.0.3 has already lead them to the edge of be fired, i guess.........
Hah, Good to see these hotfixes coming tomorrow morning. It's a shame I had to wade my way through this garbage forum full of self indulged 12yr olds just to find some information.

Also, I'm glad there's a forum mod who doesn't shy away from any sort of confrontation. Some of these snide remarks Bash makes puts some of you clowns in your place.
Yay for hotfixes.

The loot tables in act 3/4 inferno post 1.03 are a serious downer, hope you guys were generous! Lookng forward to playing tommorow.

"Hello, thank you for calling Micro..."

"What the **** is your problem Microsoft? I can't believe I'm having issues with Windows Vista! I demand a refund! I'll never buy your product again! When the **** is the next SP coming out? You're the worst company ever. Every one of your customers is going to stop buying from you and you'll see what it's like when customers aren't happy! I bet no one will ever buy another Windows product!"

I bet that's the same type of customer rep you're thinking of and I bet that's how you treat all other customer reps. Bet that's productive.
Hah, Good to see these hotfixes coming tomorrow morning. It's a shame I had to wade my way through this garbage forum full of self indulged 12yr olds just to find some information.

Also, I'm glad there's a forum mod who doesn't shy away from any sort of confrontation. Some of these snide remarks Bash makes puts some of you clowns in your place.

Good to see Bashoik has a second log in for these forums.

No one in their right mind would take the job of addressing this frothing mob (not everyone of course, but you know who you are) without at least a little bit of latitude to use humor to defray some of the incoming shrapnel.

I guess he could simply ignore all red-faced illogical responses. But then he wouldn't be able to answer the underlying, and often flawed, assumptions and the angry folks would feel left out of the conversation.

Humor can be a viable solution, especially if folks remember that voice tone and body language are not readily communicable in type so it is always best to give folks the benefit of the doubt in written communication rather then imagining them as speaking in the most hurtful and snide tones possible.

Good to see Bashoik has a second log in for these forums.

Omg you're such a troll fanboy
06/27/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Bashiok

HAHAHAH, Bashiok lol.
You can't fix an unfixable game, no one who is lucid wants to play a WoW-like hack'n slay clone. This should haven been Diablo, where is it?
Hi,Bashiok
i assuming that Blizz as a international company must have QA and PR deparment, right?

And so far i can't agree they are doing a good job.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]