Diablo® III

A legendary sword from inferno whimsyshire

So I was farming inferno whimsyshire today with my barb which, as most of you may suspect and some of you actually know first-hand, is no easy task. Correct me if I’m wrong but it doesn’t get any harder than that, right? I’ve stumbled upon an elite flower there (not a blue pack or a yellow with minions, but a purple giant flower – until today I was convinced that there are only elite unicorns there) and immediately my eyes lit up with hope – maybe I’ll get some nice loot out of this one. After a 3-4 minute fight I’ve finally brought it down. Lo and behold, that’s the legendary sword I’ve looted.

http://i.imgur.com/oJpQM.png

No, it’s not a joke and no, I’m not trolling – this is the sword I’ve looted just moments ago on inferno whimsyshire.

Where do I start? Should I mention that, with the recent 1.03 patch nerfing the chest drops (the mf no longer taken into account) whimsyshire (which is FULL of chests = clouds) got nerfed into the ground? Should I also point out that nerfing the drops on elite (purple) mobs is a horrible idea, as it effectively reduces your unique one-of-a-kind monster you can’t wait to kill to an opponent which won’t even give you an NV stack and has the drop equivalent to a nerfed chest? Should I hint at the fact that the legendaries are (for the most part) a joke (even the screenshot provided is a perfect example – I’d never use that sword on lvl 30)?
Nah, let’s get to the problem at hand – dropping normal (albeit legendary) items on the hardest possible difficulty in the hardest possible place on that difficulty. Here’s a simple suggestion:

Normal difficulty = normal items

Nightmare difficulty = nightmare items

Hell difficulty = hell items

Inferno difficulty = inferno items

Doesn’t sound that hard, now does it?

Also, could we, for the love of god, change the chests in whimsyshire back to their original function (hint: to drop even more items)? Somehow dropping 400 gold (with 5 NV stacks) from a chest in the hardest place in this game doesn’t sound right…
Reply Quote
Read the description of the item please. And smile.
Reply Quote
I've actually smiled. Joke's on me :]
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's a rather common drop honestly and I wouldn't even label it in the drop rate of a typical legendary.
Reply Quote
I've always wanted one.
Reply Quote
That sword and the hamburger are whimsy-specific items. They're sort of exempt from the normal loot system.
Reply Quote
06/28/2012 06:16 PMPosted by iNSiPiD
Read the description of the item please. And smile.

Would have been fun to mess around with if it actually shot out rainbow crap, teddy bear giggle sound and star wishes..
Reply Quote
I find the loot in whimsyshire slightly better than in acts III and IV (comparing it to the siegebreaker / diablo runs I've made). As to the difficulty in whimsyshire - sure, the mobs are mostly white and limited to 3 different kinds, but, apart from unicorns, they all run away after one of them gets killed (which makes it harder for a melee) and they ALL hit like a tank. Plus the elites have TONS of life.
Reply Quote
Wasn't D2 even more randomized in terms of drops?
Reply Quote
Does it at least look cool when you use it? Shoot rainbows or gundrops or something like that?
Reply Quote
farming whimsyshire on a barb is actually a complete joke to do
Reply Quote
@stfn maybe you're right, acts III and IV are harder overall I guess, mainly due to the fact there are many different mob kinds (the ranged mobs make it hard for me). Didn't know about the drop rates, I was actually wondering what are the drop rates there (technically whimsyshire is in act I, but the drop rates coundn't have possibly be equal to those in act I, as it would defeat the puprose of ever going to whimsyshire in the first place). Thanks for clearing that up.

Guess the joke really is on me, didn't realise this sword is a unique whimsyshire-exclusive drop. I'd like for it to have any other purpose (opening other portals, used in crafts) besides being just a blizz joke but I guess I'll have to settle for that.
Reply Quote
@faction farming whimsyshire on a barb is a breeze. I'm running the double tornado build (well, my variation of it) and with that everything is just... easy. With good gear that is.

In fact acts III and IV are just as easy (with the excption of large ranged shielding molten packs which can pose some difficulty). The only hard thing I've encountered so far was post 1.03 Ghom (had to up my LoH) and a shielding, fast, molten mob with in-build shielding of its own (don't remember the name, it's that big creature that can just cover itself and become immune to 95% of incoming dmg for a second or two, found in act III). That mob is just IMPOSSIBLE with shielding. Especially for the sword and board I've used at the time.
Edited by SpinyNorman#2716 on 6/28/2012 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/28/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Laugher
It's a rather common drop honestly and I wouldn't even label it in the drop rate of a typical legendary.

I have just got one. I will wait for 1.09 to id.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 02:06 PMPosted by AYIBOGAN

I have just got one. I will wait for 1.09 to id.

This was addressed by a Blue a long time ago. The item is what it is the moment it dropped; doesn't matter if you ID now or later.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]