Diablo® III

Reason behind my RMAH account lock part 2

I also got my account locked today due to the same reason. I travel a lot to different countries and I don't think updating account region is practical to me. All I ever want now is giving back my account and the items I listed for selling on RMAH. I'm not going to use that system again until they fix the policy.

@Blizzard you have to make this happen for us. Needless I need to tell you how negative this sounds on the press.

I'd listen to this guy blizz, I wouldn't want to be on his bad side.

Just look what he did to the English language.

Criticizing my English isn't the point of this thread. If you got a problem with it you can send me a PM. Learn to Be mature and stay on the topic.
Reply Quote
06/29/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Xres
After attempting to call them 8 separate times, 3 of which I was on hold for over an hour with no one coming to help in the next 10 days, I finally got someone to help me today.

What was a relatively quick call to Blizzard customer service a year ago has turned into a two-hour wait just to speak with a rep. The efficiency and quality of service has degraded noticeably since the layoffs.
Reply Quote
Waiting on blizzard response.
Reply Quote

pull right off of wiki what you fanboys gotta say about that...cause that is exactly what blizzard is doin to this guy.

the threat in extortion is blizzard closing his account and then taking his money 200$ does not just vanash it would go somewhere.and they are oercion is them making him change his country..

Anytime you want to make a point and maintain your credibility, please don't say: "pull right off of wiki."

Just seems like it detracts from the statement. Other legal questions aside, running to extortion and coercion is a bit rash. In terms of criminal action, you usually can't "threaten" someone with something that you can legally do. I don't recall the OP saying that Blizzard said they would "close his account." The threat hasn't even been made O_O. As for coercion, the messages just said that as a pre-condition to being able to use the RMAH the locations had to correspond. It's a condition to using a service they provide. Now these conditions weren't made very clear beforehand, so there may be some issues there... but it's a tough sell for coercion at this point as not taking any action seems to be where they are "coercing" him -- as that would maintain his current balance (though it is unavailable for use) until this whole thing is settled.
Reply Quote
I feel for the OP but I can't find any fault with Blizzard in this matter.

Still, interested in how this turns out.
Reply Quote
It has been stated from the get go that the RMAH is region locked. If you want to use the RMAH in a specific region you have to be playing from and living in that region. You want to use your money on the RMAH... but as long as you are currently living outside the US you cannot use the US RMAH. That's just the rules.

If you want to use the RMAH you will have to change the region for your game. (which if you have $200 then according to the rules you cannot do this anyway, you have to have $20 or less) Sounds to me like you should just call, get a refund, and play the game without the RMAH as long as you are out of the country. When you make it back in the country you can use the RMAH. It's that simple. You don't need the RMAH to play this game.

You're making this a huge issue for no reason other than you want to buy items on the RMAH from outside of the country which is not how the RMAH works.
Reply Quote
Now that your account is unlocked can't you just transfer the money out of your battle.net account? I'm pretty sure that's separate from the RMAH, so you should be able to transfer your money out, change regions, then transfer it back in.
Reply Quote
OP, I think you should take Blizzard to small claims court. There is an arbitration agreement that you have agreed to, but it doesn't apply to small claims court. Be a trailblazer and others will follow.
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Bananarama
Now that your account is unlocked can't you just transfer the money out of your battle.net account? I'm pretty sure that's separate from the RMAH, so you should be able to transfer your money out, change regions, then transfer it back in.

You cannot withdraw money from your B.net Balance.

07/01/2012 01:35 PMPosted by TheMooker
OP, I think you should take Blizzard to small claims court. There is an arbitration agreement that you have agreed to, but it doesn't apply to small claims court. Be a trailblazer and others will follow.

Blizzard hasn't done anything wrong. You can only use the RMAH service if you are living in and playing in the same region. That's how the service is provided. OP will not be able to use the RMAH on the US servers as long as he is not present in the US. Blizzard hasn't "taken" his money. He very well could get a refund if he wanted. If he wants to use the RMAH he will have to wait until he gets back to the US, where his money will be waiting. I don't see why he is in such need of the RMAH anyway, you don't need it to play this game. OP should not waste thousands of dollars in travel, court costs, lawyers, etc... just to get $200 from Blizzard... when Blizzard would simple refund his $200 if he just asked. OP's problem is that he still wants to use the RMAH when he is not in the US. Which isn't going to happen.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 7/1/2012 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Requested sticky.

My condolences to all who have been affected by Blizzard's strange policies and stone-wall tactics.
Reply Quote
On one hand, this is kinda shady. On another, it makes total sense. This is done to keep other people from spending your money on your b.net account if they're in a different region. I'm somewhat torn. It is your fault for not doing the research to know that the RMAH was region exclusive. I also believe that the RMAH is inherently wrong, period. The only excuse for a RMAH is if a game is free-to-play.

But, they've made it unnecessarily hard for you, who is obviously the rightful owner, to spend or withdraw the money put in. And the region change reverting your Battle.net account to zero is complete garbage.

So, I feel for ya, but there is also this vindictive little devil that wants me to accuse you of cheating by spending money just to get ahead in a game, one that doesn't even have a ladder for that matter. So excuse me while I laugh half-heartedly.
Reply Quote
I feel bad for you op.
Reply Quote
I cannot believe they still didn't set this right. It really seems like Blizzard scammed you; not sure if intentionally or because of incompetence. Either way; if this happened to me I would file a levy of execution. Not sure if I translated that correctly; in my country it is a means to force someone to pay their bills.
Reply Quote
Blizzard has always been super helpful with my issues regarding my account, but unfortunately this situation makes me wonder if a charge back is in order here.

Money cannot be held hostage or confiscated, unless you are performing illegal activities with the funds.

Money Gram and Western Union may sometimes do this, but they cannot keep the funds unless they receive federal instructions to do so.

Dispute the charges might get your $200 back, but will probably get you banned with blizzard for with any future online payment since you are hurting their funds processor.

Edit: Money Gram stuff
Edited by DrBacon#1471 on 7/1/2012 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]