Diablo® III

Reason behind my RMAH account lock part 2

Justice bump x3
Reply Quote
Why not when you get back to the region you deposited the money in, tell them. Then request they "audit" and find you are where you were when you originally deposited the now locked funds.

They want you where the money, that was deposited, says you are/were. Get back to where that is and I see no issue.

No need to change region when you are in that region, and until you return to that region, you will be locked from funds deposited in/from that region.

I read both threads by you, and some user comments, I hope this suggestion helps, and would love to hear more on progress
Reply Quote
Tried to post a reply on this thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978428874#new-post

and it says "This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic." What??! Anyway

My view on the subject below:

Why was the so called "Audit Review" not carried out when you set up your account and inform you all the so called requirements clearly (like you will lose your money upon a region change etc), but to simply lock your account for their leisure review. In any case, I don't see the reason why in a different region will cause any problem for using the RMAH, using paypal is such a global thing, this is such a weird policy.

Apart from potentially losing his money, the OP cannot enjoy the game for the period which the account was locked (if I were you, I will be very frustrated), why can't they just lock the RMAH function in the first place, this is absolutely unacceptable. Simply put, Blizzard has not ironed out all the details before starting the RMAH service, one simple reason, profit from transaction fee.
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Mage
Shame on Blizzard for this. Our money should be a lot better protected by a company of this size. They can claim that we've been informed in the ToS all they like, but I think if circumstances such as these could possibly occur, there ought to be BIG BOLD WARNINGS that we need to update our account information, not a clause stuck in the middle of a massive legal document. Hope the OP gets an adequate resolution.
Reply Quote
Justice bump x4
Reply Quote
I'd say report them for BBB and go mainstream media with ur situation...espeically ur address keeps changing, and everytime they'd ask for personal information and stuff...all they did was to make the life of their customer worse...and i agree that u should keep calling...i know its international, maybe have someone within ur family(who reside in US) to call for u or smth???
Edited by QuineBee#1170 on 7/1/2012 10:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i wonder if getting your account unlocked then If you have a friend thats stateside. When your overseas you could vpn proxy though there computer for all intents and purposes you would still be registered under a us ip address. Sence the server should request back though the host not your machine.. Downside if if you do want to play u could wind up with alot more lag then normal.

kinda a convoluted way to play but its sure better then loosing 200 dollars you dropped into your account.
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 7/1/2012 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The BBB hasn't done anything about Blizzard for years. Blizzard paid them shortly afyter WoW came out to get their rating back up from the D grade they had previously.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
After reading your threads, here's my idea;
Open up a second Bnet account for the new region, buy a second copy of the game, level up another character, etc. When you get back home, see if you can activate your regular account without changing region. Yeah, can't really share balance and items between accounts. But at least it provides a bandaid for getting to play in both regions and keeping your regular balance. Somehow I'm able to just pull money from my paypal account by scrolling down the payment options in RMAH, so you should have the same option. Don't put that much money into a battlenet account again.

Also depending on connection speeds and such, you may be able to set up a remote access and set up two computers, one for each region. If you know how to do all that and invest in it. That way if you're in either region you can play the other, you just may be grinding down extremely slow (like 1 gig speeds).

Not sure about rules/TOS about opening up a second account for a different region but it should be allowed in your case.
Reply Quote
Has no one ever had a credit card stolen? I had a number swiped while at a restaurant (shady waitress, it would seem), and the person who had taken it tried to buy a bunch of stuff online. The only reason I wasn't charged was because of a similar audit system that needed me personally to verify the transaction.
It totally sucks what you've had to go through, but the flipside is that it's probably saved people from being ripped off.
Reply Quote
Has no one ever had a credit card stolen? I had a number swiped while at a restaurant (shady waitress, it would seem), and the person who had taken it tried to buy a bunch of stuff online. The only reason I wasn't charged was because of a similar audit system that needed me personally to verify the transaction.
It totally sucks what you've had to go through, but the flipside is that it's probably saved people from being ripped off.

Again the difference is that a Blizzard account is FAR more restrictive than a credit card. You can't spend blizzard money on anything that isn't RMAH or a few of their services. You can't even cash it out, it is virtually impossible for someone to come and steal your money even if they have access to your account, best they can do is use it to purchase something you didn't want in an attempt to mock you.
So whats worse, having something you didnt want being purchased with your money or having your money just wiped out?
Seems like Bliz's alternative is still the worse option here.
Reply Quote
Blizzard, you have NEVER done this before, you released a game way before it was ready and you prove it time and time again. You rushed this game, I assume because of pressure from fans and Activision. Pulled pvp, released the RMAH way before you were apparently ready to deal with properly. This is the kind of crap I would expect from a company like Kriptic (not around anymore for releasing sub-par, unfinished games and jerking their fans around), but not Blizzard.

We waited 12 years... for this. You're going to ruin your reputation with this game. This company, in the last what 2 months, has went from one of the most respected game developers in the world to this.

I love you blizzard, you have created some of the best games ever released, this however is not one of them... Pull the RMAH, find a way to fix the gold economy, fix whatever you need so you don't freeze people's accounts for 2 weeks for playing your game and giving you money. When this guy tried to load money on his account there should have been an error saying "Account Region and your current Region do not match, we are unable to process this transaction at this time." And there would not have been a problem.

This situation is on par with going to a bank to change your address and them saying, "no problem, unfortunately we will be resetting your account balance to zero." This is not how it works. If he had loaded the money on his account before the he moved and then tried to buy something he would encounter the same problem.

END OF RANT

TL;DR Blizz fix your ****.
Reply Quote
You're obviously able to write well... I'd suggest that since you don't appear to be getting anyplace with Blizzard and or on their forums that it's time to step it up a notch and take it public, get as much press as you can to try to pressure Blizzard into looking into their own rules and see if they need to be changed. It seems obvious with the info you've provided and no Blizzard response to the issue that they do indeed need to rethink what they've got going.

The only way that Blizzard is going to change for the better is through outside pressure that is maintained on them for enough time to get somebody nervous and looking into making changes for the better.
Reply Quote
07/02/2012 04:23 AMPosted by Berronax
I CANNOT BELIEVE fanboys are STILL trying to defend blizzard and insult the OP

Believe it. People are so desperate to believe in blizz. Sorry folks the game company that you loved and brought you so much joy is just a pathetic shell of itself.
Reply Quote
07/02/2012 03:45 AMPosted by Drac
I love you blizzard, you have created some of the best games ever released, this however is not one of them...

This is the biggest thing that people don't realize. The Blizz you love and the current one aren't one and the same. Two minutes googling and you will realize why I say this...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]