Diablo® III

Reason behind my RMAH account lock part 2

xres, i might have another way to fix this problem for you. message me on gtalk, user id fredkilbourn
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I understand the safety rules, but there are MANY people who are legal residents of one country and living in another. My dad is a US citizen, has a US DL, pays US taxes, and US bills, but he's lived in three different countries over the course of five years. Hell, my husband and brother-in-law have both lived in Iraq (if you wanna call military duty living), all while being residents and paying with US cards.

Blizzard seemed to have no issue charging our US debit card for his wow account everymonth, in his name, with his US address, while he was logging into WoW in Iraq for a year. They didn't even seem to know he was there, for what all these safegaurds are worth, and I'm fairly sure he race changed while in Iraq, from an Iraq comp, using a US debit card.

The thing is, is that they make the battle.net balance sound like it's gold and that setting it to 0 would be no big deal, not treating it like actual cash that the owner took from their bank account and moved into another account, in this case bnet account.

Here's my question to Blizzard

If he deposts money from his bank account into battle.net balance, and it is forced to become 0 on region change. Where exactly does that money go? Does it remain in Blizzard's systems as profit, or does he get a refund? If it remains in blizz's system as profit, what exactly did he buy?

I'm fairly sure it is illegal to keep money that is meant for a service while no service was rendered (in this case, they're making it impossible for the service to be rendered and holding the money), and he could sue to get that 200$ which would be terrible publicity, but well deserved imo.

The battle.net balance should be considered like a paypal or even bank account. That's your money 100%, blizzard gets no cut of it unless you USE that money (talking like RMAH stuff or Blizz store), you should be able to request the money to be returned in a case like this, much like you would be able to when closing an account at a bank.

And if it's not backwards compatible (Bnet to bank), what happens if someone gets a hold of someone elses bank account info and puts it into their bnet account?
Are you going to tell that victim of theft that they can not recieve their money back because there is no way to actually return the money? What happens if the bnet person region changes and the guys money that was stolen becomes 0 dollars? Are you going to tell him that you can't give his money back because the balance is at 0?

Is there something we don't understand? Is the b.net account not actually work with cash? Say I give you 100$, is it still actually 100$, or does it become 100 bnet dollars that are not refundable because they do not actually exist in the economy? Is it like buying tokens at chuck-e-cheese, once the money's been moved over, it has no more use outside of chuck-e-cheese?

Answers would be lovely, as I was hoping to do things with a bnet balance and... yeah don't really want to anymore.

Edit: And as a US citizen, I do believe he can file a complaint with the better business bureau.

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/

"
What complaints do we handle?

Disagreements between businesses and their customers. However, we reserve the right to reject complaints that use abusive or foul language.

We do not handle:

workplace disputes;
discrimination claims;
matters that are or have been litigated;
claims about the quality of health or legal services.

How do we handle your complaint?

Everything you submit will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business’s response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days."

On the website, just go through the info, type in Blizzard Entertainment and it'll let you select them. You get to choose from many options, the one you probably want is probably Refund/Exchange issues or Product Issues, everythings pretty simple to go through, tbqh.
Edited by Tazila#1513 on 7/2/2012 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sorry for the OP. Since the launch of RMAH, I kind of feel like "THIS BLIZZARD" is not "THE BLIZZARD WE HAVE KNOWN FOR YEARS". And I do not see any hope of changing.

So sad.
Reply Quote
Wish you the best of luck! You have gotten a lot of tips so I can't really add anything valuable other than my support. I will follow this story to the end and I really hope Blizzard fixes this so that my trust can be somewhat redeemed.

Good luck from Sweden!
Reply Quote
I agree. (As per Lylirra's suggestion.)

OP, I feel for you, and I hope you receive an appropriate refund. This is criminal.
Reply Quote
Yup I am done with Blizzard. No more money from me.
Edited by Snoosnaa#1605 on 7/2/2012 4:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd like to hear if this is a technical limitation or a business policy.

If it's a technical limitation, it doesn't sound like the RMAH is ready for prime time. It sounds like they need to shut down until they can make the RMAH and bnet balance technically sound so they can service customers without stealing their money.

If it's a business policy, I'd like to know if they think this is a fair way to handle customers, to steal from them if they don't follow every single point in the ToS to the exact letter, whether on purpose or by accident.

I really cringe to use the word "stealing" because it sounds inflammatory, but is there really a better word?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
"Any amount you add to your Battle.net Balance, either through an approved payment method or by adding Diablo III auction house earnings to your Battle.net Balance, will not be refundable (except as otherwise provided by law), and you are not able to convert that Balance into cash. Battle.net Balance can only be used to buy designated Blizzard Entertainment products and services or to acquire items from Diablo III's currency-based auction house. In certain regions, Diablo III players may choose to receive cash, rather than add to their Battle.net Balance, from the sale of an item from the currency-based auction house. Those players will be able to do so via PayPal for an additional fee. Players will need to determine which method they wish to use at the time they post their auction. For more information on the currency-based auction house, see the Auction House FAQ.

Back to top"

Another question to my big post above...

Would the only way to recieve money back be if it was stolen then? Is the money no longer considered theirs once it is put in the bnet account?

If the above is the case, then you should NOT put the common money symbols next to the balance. It is NOT 100$ we have in the b.net balance but 100bnet points, at the moment, pretty much EVERYONE is under the impression that 100$ put in the bnet account is still 100$, if it is, which law allows you to keep the US dollar curancy, while not providing service (ability to use the money) and keeping the funds?

If it's not actually money (US Dollar, Euro, etc) that's in the account (again if it's converted into chuck-e-cheese like tokens), why wasn't that clarified when the system went out?

How come people can recieve money if things sell on the RMAH, but not receive money if they are unable to use the service they paid for, deposited money into with basic expectations of use?
Edited by Tazila#1513 on 7/2/2012 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The fact that they treat it like they would have to convert it to another currency suggests it is still money, but either way it would be theft even if they removed legally purchased "tokens".

Its funny how Microsoft, Bioware, and I assume Sony(no experience with them) had enough sense to have players purchase points which could then be treated as a product independent of currency issues. Hell even CCP got it right with PLEX and that's used to pay for Eve game time.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
^

The fact that they treat it like they would have to convert it to another currency suggests it is still money, but either way it would be theft even if they removed legally purchased "tokens".

Its funny how Microsoft, Bioware, and I assume Sony(no experience with them) had enough sense to have players purchase points which could then be treated as a product independent of currency issues. Hell even CCP got it right with PLEX and that's used to pay for Eve game time.

Yeah that's true. At the same time though, with it being money it makes it even more bothersome that they're okay with just... resetting the ticker to 0. With points it seems easier to... get back I guess.

And Sony's wasn't too bad, at least from the short time I used them. You could either purchase points before hand, and use them for games, addons, dlc, what ever, or if you didn't have any points, you had the option to buy the points for the game like "This game is 9$ worth 9000points, here's your 9$, here's your points, now the points are gone and heres your game!".
Reply Quote
Requested sticky. OP, update everyone constantly. I am furious. And if you don't get into contact with a REAL LIVE Blizzard higher up, I will do anything I can to help you.
Reply Quote
Bumping until a blue responds..Or until servers get back up. OP, what if you went back to America temporarily. Could they possibly unlock it then and you redeem your cash?
Reply Quote
BUMP FOR BLUE'S ATTENTION!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
07/03/2012 10:32 AMPosted by ShakaZulu
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
07/01/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Xres
As you can see, they flat out said that my balance WILL be permanently lost during a region change.

I'd call that a scam if it were something that came up with any regularity. As it stands I'll just call it boneheaded.
Reply Quote
07/03/2012 10:32 AMPosted by ShakaZulu
Reply Quote
Any news on this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]