Diablo® III

Successful RMAH sellers - are you happy?

So this thread is essentially for anyone who has made back their $60-99 (colllectors) from the RMAH. Please no flaming or discussion, it'd be nice to see raw feedback from fellow RMAH'ers.

Are you happy with your profits?

How much have you made, roughly?

Would you buy the game again in retrospect?

Did you ever focus your Diablo3 gaming onto profit when the RMAH rolled out?

Do you feel like the 'fun' or 'spirit' of the game changed when/if you focused on the RMAH and profit?

Do you think the RMAH helps the game?

Do you have any suggestions for the RMAH?

Would you rather play Diablo3 or do a menial part time job for the summer (assume same pay)

What is your occupation in real life?

If you could make say $60K USD doing RMAH (lets just pretend now), would you do it?

I'll start off

Yes

A little over $1000 USD

No

Did you ever focus your Diablo3 gaming onto profit or RMAH when it rolled out?

Yes

Do you feel like the 'fun' or 'spirit' of the game changed when/if you focused on the RMAH and profit?
Yes

No. Unless this means regular content update from Blizzard. But this kills any notion of ladder.

Remove it or add Diablo 3 ladder with NO RMAH (essentially killing it)
Or go Athene, Gold Sell/buy ONLY.

Would you rather play Diablo3 or do a menial part time job for the summer (assume same pay)

Menial job. The game for me was really ruined when greed took over. I couldn't stand to bare the fact that I had a $250 weapon just sitting there and not using it, so I sold em.
Thankfully I made the right choice....it was a 1h BIS barb tank weapon....with 25% IAS...

Supply chain junior analyst

If you could make say $60K USD doing RMAH (lets just pretend now), would you do it?
No. Farming for $ is more boring than my high school burger flipping job. I have no idea how gold farmers do it.
Edited by coldcuts#1289 on 6/28/2012 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can't be bothered to reply as you ask since I'm at work but:

I've made about $100.

I'm happy w/ the game, regardless of profits.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
$130.10

Its not a good game but its something to spend some time on. I'd wait for a discount though.

No

Like i said before i just played the game and if i can get some money from it its cool. But not going to play just to sell on the RMAH.

No

I'd remove it. But again it helps people that doesn't have enough time to play (I don't have time to play but i've been lucky with some drops)

No

Software Architect

No. Playing all day? No way!
Reply Quote
i sold only one items for 200€ ...
RMAH doesn't do much to your game experience if you ignore it and only sell those imba-items once in a month.
Reply Quote
I've made 37 dollars total now. Hoping that'll cover the expansion.

Did I spend any extra time trying to make money? No. I have a regular job. Just happened to get two very nice drops in 150 hours that sold. Nothing special

Am I happy? Yeah I'm enjoying a game and have essentially earned the expansion when it comes out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
OH SO A BROTHA MAKES $1 ON THE RMAH AND HES NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THIS POST HUH?!?!?
Reply Quote
250 euro in my battle.net account and another 150 euro on paypal. (And my gear is probably worth 300-400 euro if I wanted to sell it all)

I love the RMAH.
Edited by Xodo#2250 on 6/28/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
- Yes, I made far more already than I expected to over the life of the game.

- $220. So, basically, about minimum wage since the RMAH was released, not counting the sunk time cost in getting a barb to Act III in pre patch inferno.

- Probably.

- That was my focus since Day 1 - unfortunately, I played a barb and was too stubborn to switch to range so inferno progression was not easy.

- I do feel much more focused to progress knowing that I am competing against everyone else on the RMAH. If I stop moving forward, I lose my place on the (relative) top of the food chain.

- I feel it would be more worthwhile if gear was BoE. Once you get to a certain point, even gear you're casting off has some resale value.

- Make gear BoE, or make gear only sellable on the RMAH once.

- Play Diablo III, naturally. With a menial job you get paid the same whether you're a solid or poor performer. Diablo III RMAH is a meritocracy so there's more drive to succeed.

- Tech support lead for a major payroll product (not giving too much away here, but the size of the system in terms of users is pretty comparable to WoW.)

- I already make more than this at my 'real' job.. but if I had like a $20k job, definitely. If I was making more like $40-$50k I'd stay with that just because it has health insurance and probably other benefits.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I'm actually planning on buying a second license so I can move more items on the RMAH. Even if I don't make a cent off of it for some strange reason, I'd still be super happy with my take.
Reply Quote
I'm actually planning on buying a second license so I can move more items on the RMAH. Even if I don't make a cent off of it for some strange reason, I'd still be super happy with my take.

Be careful with this.

If you buy one account just to use your lvl 1 guy to buy and sell items in the RMAH you can get banned and blizzard can take everything in this account away from you.

Plenty of threads on this.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
06/28/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Xodo

Be careful with this.

If you buy one account just to use your lvl 1 guy to buy and sell items in the RMAH you can get banned and blizzard can take everything in this account away from you.

Plenty of threads on this.

Really? We can't buy another game just to sell more items? I'd never buy anything, just sell.
Reply Quote
I've already got a full time paying job... i play this game to relax and have fun after a long day of writing complex simulations. :/
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I actually just opened a support ticket to find out if it's bannable to merely sell items from multiple accounts. Most of the people I got saw get banned were for day trading/investing type behaviors.
Reply Quote

Of course.

~500.

Probably not.

Did you ever focus your Diablo3 gaming onto profit or RMAH when it rolled out?

No, not at all. I actually didn't even look at it for a week. I only went there when I picked up a few items I couldn't really sell for gold (There were no analogues to them, or it would have been a billion +.

Not especially. The fun and spirit went away for me in 1.03 when it felt like it was just a tedium. I actually thought farming act 3 pre 1.03 was fun, the drops were good and it was challenging. In 1.03 the drops became crap and the only challenge was the occasional ludicrous affix combo.

It's not bad actually, but it has a ton of problems.

The RMAH and GAH both need a substantial overhaul in UI.

I agree with Athene on gold as it consolidates everything into one auction house.

In lieu of that, consolidate both auction houses so players only have to do one search and a RMAH and GAH prices both show up on the same item. Players can toggle off the RMAH price if they want. Or sort by gold price or real price. Both blizzard and players would win from this. This becomes especially necessary as more people leave.

Access auction house in game would help players and help blizzard (More action)

Cancel auctions and all the other usability items.

Neither.

I design video games. I recently made the move from console/PC to a startup doing apps.

No. I make more with my day job. If diablo paid the same rate I still probably wouldn't do it as it's not very stimulating.
Reply Quote
Yes

$300

Yes, absolutely.

Very briefly, immediately after the RMAH was released. I liquidated my wizards gear and that's where most ($200+) of the money is from.

Yes, absolutely. It's not as fun - it's psych 101 that introducing external incentives to something we enjoy makes it less fun.

Tricky worded question. Overall, yes, but only because it's a necessary evil - parallels can be drawn between the war on drugs. People are going to do it, make it safer for them to do.

Remove the RMAH and make gold the only bought/sold commodity.

Diablo 3, for sure.

Unemployed college student

Only if I made over $10/hr.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]