Diablo® III

Successful RMAH sellers - are you happy?

Are you happy with your profits? Yes

How much have you made, roughly? $400-$500 (Cashed out majority of my gear)

Would you buy the game again in retrospect? No

Did you ever focus your Diablo3 gaming onto profit when the RMAH rolled out?

No. Originally wanted to have fun with the game first. The RMAH and everything was supposed to be an optional feature. But it's currently the end game. As if anyone is not seeing Blizzard's subtle approach to push the players to the RMAH.

Do you feel like the 'fun' or 'spirit' of the game changed when/if you focused on the RMAH and profit?

Absolutely. Spend way more time in the AH than playing the game itself. Nothing to do in the game right now.

Do you think the RMAH helps the game?

Absolutely not. This current pay to win model will have huge ramifications in PvP, and will affect the direction and future of the game. Basically class balance/nerfs/drop rates/farm runs will have to factor the RMAH. We've already seen 1.03 greatly affect the economy and I'm not surprised they decided to revert the change in Act3/4. See what I'm saying? If a game change does not affect the RMAH, they won't do a thing.

Do you have any suggestions for the RMAH?

Make it gold only. At least the pay to win advantage won't be as severe compared to how it is now with gear purchases.

Would you rather play Diablo3 or do a menial part time job for the summer (assume same pay)

No way. This is the old saying of never bring your work home. Unnecessary stress should be left at work. You should never bring your work stress home. In short, I'll never make Diablo 3 my job. I'll go crazy without any social interaction with anyone in the outside world. The game itself has close to zero forms of interaction to the public thanks to Battle.net 2.0.

What is your occupation in real life?

Project Manager

If you could make say $60K USD doing RMAH (lets just pretend now), would you do it?

Already making more but this goes back to the "Never bring your work home". This is supposed to be a game. Not work.

Additional comments: This topic has actually been quite refreshing compared to the other threads out there. This does provide constructive feedback (If responses are civil) and straight to the point.
Reply Quote
Are you happy with your profits?

I suppose so...

How much have you made, roughly?

300-400USD

Would you buy the game again in retrospect?

Yeah, but wouldn't invest as much time as I have.

Not really.

Do you feel like the 'fun' or 'spirit' of the game changed when/if you focused on the RMAH and profit?

Kinda... Felt that everything is now RMAH driven.

No. People will just get too lazy to go grind/farm themselves and start spending money blindlessly for quips to manage a certain act and find themselves back at RMAH looking for more quips. Eventually people will just get tired of this.

After getting 300usd to cover the game purchase, [selfish, I know] I'd recommend closing RMAH tbh.

Would you rather play Diablo3 or do a menial part time job for the summer (assume same pay)

I'd rather work and come back to play a game to release some steam from work rather than getting all stressed out from playing games. Da#@# are you supposed to do when you stress out from playing games? Go work?

Senior Sales Exec. for Intel Malaysia

If you could make say $60K USD doing RMAH (lets just pretend now), would you do it?

No.
Reply Quote
$100.00 so far.
Reply Quote

The profit itself? Yes. Being a university student without wealthy parents, I tend to be poor. I made a small profit which could pay for most of a book or food.

$130-140

The leveling was fun, but I don't purchase Diablo games for the leveling experience. So no.

Did you ever focus your Diablo 3 gaming onto profit when the RMAH rolled out?

Sadly, yes. Most people, by nature, are greedy.

It most definitely changed. Items that I would instead sell for cheap or give to friends would instead be put on the RMAH. Even selling for gold on the GAH would be better. But my instincts tell me to put it on the RMAH.

Not at all. I'm usually not into conspiracies, but I feel as though the drop rate is effected by the RMAH.

Remove it. Or change it to gold. Ladder is what kept Diablo 2 going.

Depends on the job.

I'm currently a student attending university as a business/economics major.

No, I love business and the "numbers" game more than video games.
Edited by Maverick#1242 on 6/28/2012 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
$75, love playing the game so this was a nice bonus. Last gaming like a maniac huzzah before I start law school in August >_<
Reply Quote

Haven't made much, but I'm happy with whatever I get. Best profit so far is how much fun it is when playing with the family.

About $5.50

Yes.

Did you ever focus your Diablo 3 gaming onto profit when the RMAH rolled out?

Everyone who heard about it did, they shouldn't lie. I went in planning on making a bit. But unlike most, I knew it was like a lottery. You know how lotteries work, either make nothing, break even, make a little, or make a killing. In my opinion, it is a lot more fun this way. If I break even by making what I paid for the game I'd be happy with that. If I don't I'd be fine with that. And if I somehow make $1k+ then it's about 1k more than I had to begin with.

No. If I find any good items I don't want, I ask of my brothers and cousin if they need it. If they can use it, I give to them. If not I just pop it on GAH or RMAH and sell it. If it sells it sells if not, no big deal. I don't really focus on the AH, but if I did I think the game would still be fun.

It does. It's a great form of income for the company.

Fix commodities and leave it be for non ladder, and add a ladder mode and have RMAH capped at $10 instead of that crazy $250 it is currently is. Whatever you do, don't remove it.

Depends on the job. If it's dirt boring, and you're treated like trash. Then the game would win hands down.

Finishing line load team leader. Pretty fun simple making sure a few thousand pieces of wood run down a line in the right order, getting their right color, and sorting through mind boggling amounts of paperwork in the process. Great stuff.

I would, anyone who could would, they shouldn't lie about it. Though you shouldn't quit your job. The job is at least a guaranteed income.
Reply Quote
I've made 5k from D3 in the past 2weeks. Some from Rmah, some from Private gold sales. Honestly, if it wasn't for making cash off the game, I wouldn't have any good reason to play it at all.
Reply Quote
i've made not nearly as much as I would like to be making.

The only reason to play this game is to make money on the RMAH.

I haven't had any luck with items at all in the past 6 days or so and I am getting annoyed already, especially in light of the fact that some people are making thousands of dollars.

I am hoping that when gold and commodities go live I will be able to sell my essences and gold for a small but tidy sum.

I am not looking to make a tremendous amount of money but rather to draw a steady quantity of side income.

My question to the people making big money, how are they doing it? I have a very hard time believing they are doing it legitimately by obtaining lots of lucky drops.
Edited by Cartman#1555 on 6/29/2012 2:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/28/2012 12:35 PMPosted by coldcuts

Who can argue against free money? Of course I'm happy. Anyone comparing this game to a job should probably not be playing.

~$200

Yes

Yes and No. Diablo games have always been about the item hunt for me. I'd still be playing the same way with or without the RMAH.

I can't really comment on this, I've never solely focused on the RMAH, and don't plan to. But if someone is forcing themselves to focus on something they don't have fun, they should probably reevaluate their priorities.

Yes. Items would be sold for money regardless if the RMAH was around. This gives players a safe way to do so.

Leave the $250 cap as is. Anything else would just be a suggestion the the Auction House in general.

Hard to say just on that criteria alone. If I honestly needed the money, I wouldn't take the chance on the RMAH. I play diablo to play, as far as I've seen the only people making substantial money are the ones working the AH only.

Caregiver.

For awhile, I suppose. Depends on whether or not I could find a more stimulating job for similar pay. Sitting around playing a video game as a career is something that never really appealed to me.
Reply Quote
Bump+ So far it seems people (even successful ones) on the RMAH...hate it...interesting
Reply Quote
Congratulations on your profits everyone.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
My copy of the game was free, so I'm already happy with my $0.46 in sales. :-)

Especially, since I haven't even made it to Inferno yet where I hope to find tasty loot for the RMAH. (Been leveling up all 5 classes, gradually, and haven't sold stuff off until ALL my characters outgrew the gear).

But the game still needs improvements. Because a GOOD game attracts more players, offering more opportunities to those of us disciplined enough to be sellers (or even net sellers).
Edited by Midnight#1389 on 6/29/2012 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

- Very Happy

- $279.85

- In a heart beat. After you get enough gear to farm inferno it really becomes enjoyable. Leveling alts, playing hardcore, or playing the auction house are all fun things to do when you have 10 items up on the auction house.

- Of course. It was every nerd's wet dream.

- Not really. The only thing that I have to make a decision for now is: Do I give this to my friend, or post it for real money? Hard call sometimes. Makes me feel like a greedy bastard.
At the end of the day, just tell your friends to do the same. Why suffer together?

- It ruins any healthy competition if/when a ladder is implemented. I know certain people have way too much money. PvP will be a crazy balancing act for Blizzard. I do not envy them.

- Allow more than $250.00 limit. Some items are worth way more than $250.00. Also for the auction house in general, add more specification rows. When I look for gloves on my Demon Hunter I search for Dex, Vit, All Res, Crit hit, and Crit dmg. Do you know how difficult that is to sort through?

- I work full time as it is, so this question is N/A. I wish this came out years ago when I could spend summers inside all day :P

- I make pretty pictures with my brain. No, just kidding, I am an IT Security Analyst.

- Instead of a full-time job? The amount of farming and auction house tracking you would have to do would be such a headache. More so than employees downloading viruses onto work computers. I won't quit my day job, thanks. However, this is a great way for us true hardcore gamers to make some quick side cash. Props to Blizzard. This was a genius idea. Gives back to the community!
Reply Quote
I can't imagine anyone with the slightest bit of self respect playing and enjoying this game.

The only people funnier are the ones happy working for blizz for slave wages selling stuff on the AH. Now THAT is pathetic lol.

I'm over $300 bucks now and I'm happy as a clam.

The game is great, the RMAH is kicking and I still haven't started farming Act3 yet!

See what I mean? Honestly, how stupid can you get?

Blizz has you idiots working for them and they ruined Diablo to do it. You are a disgrace imo.
Edited by doob#1197 on 6/29/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can't imagine anyone with the slightest bit of self respect playing and enjoying this game.

The only people funnier are the ones happy working for blizz for slave wages selling stuff on the AH. Now THAT is pathetic lol.

I'm over $300 bucks now and I'm happy as a clam.

The game is great, the RMAH is kicking and I still haven't started farming Act3 yet!

See what I mean? Honestly, how stupid can you get?

Blizz has you idiots working for them and they ruined Diablo to do it. You are a disgrace imo.

It is slave wages really...plus I dont know how is anyone going to make $$ off the RMAH without going full time...which would be a total waste of time.
Reply Quote

It is slave wages really...plus I dont know how is anyone going to make $$ off the RMAH without going full time...which would be a total waste of time.

It's called luck. You don't need to go full-time. Just play the game for fun and if you get an amazingly awesome drop by chance, sell that sucker.

Why are people trying to justify this as a job option. Staying at a computer for 12-18 hours a day seems really healthy. Maybe you should eat some cancer while you make $250 a week too.

Just saying.

If any of you had brain cells you wouldn't farm at all. You would play the Auction Houses and buy things for cheap gold and sell them for real $$. No farming or time sink involved. It takes literally 10-15 minutes to search for items that are under-valued.

Hone your skills young jedi.
Reply Quote
Yeah

$900~

Yeah

Only to regain at least $60 which I paid for the game.

It became more fun because it's part of the experience of playing Diablo 3.

It's not there to help the game, it's part of the experience.

Not specifically RMAH, but the Auction House interface as a whole, needs saved searches, more filters, ability to view completed auctions etc. Think eBay.

I wouldn't plan for a part time job for the summer regardless

Trader

Depends on how many hours you need to put in to get $60k, point is moot cuz the market is drying up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]