Diablo® III

Who is still playing Diablo 3?

It seems like the majority on the forums hate diablo 3, but has anyone stopped playing? i have been back on diablo 2 for 2 weeks now,

post 2 or 3 so people (and maybe blizzard) can see if others actually switched to diablo 2, or are still enjoying diablo 3...

this is my edit from quoting someone on first comment of page 2, wanted to add it here. and be sure to read the list from one of the first few comments right below..

for 12 years the game does not go very deep. it seems simple because you cannot do very much with your characters in d3, like in d2 you have synergies and other alike skills boost skills you use. there is more customization with the characters and there is not one best character once you cap, you cap in level which is gay because in 2 you never hit 99 unless you play for months without quit. the whole reason behind diablo 3, which has been stated so many times, is money. The rmah with bliz's 15% cuts, you cap at 60, which just like wow.. there will be an expansion for another 60$ just to get to lvl 70... blizzard destroyed diablo.. i loved free world play and mfing was fun, i loved making crazy characters for a fun pvp.. just for the pally i made zealers smiters hdins fohrs, and my favorite char was a charger that used an ebotdz scythe, it was awesome. and thats just pally. the zeal sorc was incredibly cool and unique, and blizz sorc light sorc fire sorc hydra sorc. barbs had tons of builds, i made a frenzy barb with ebod and last wish that was awesome. diablo 2 was amazing. diablo 3 falls very, very short. and everyone says give it time because obviously it took diablo 2 a while to be what it is now. but it started out as a good game anyways... this isnt a game, this is a scam to make money.
Edited by DivineChief#1456 on 6/29/2012 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Too many problems:

1. Lack of focus on PVP and other end game content
2. Horribly written story (unlike D2)
3. Four player cap
4. Lack of robustness for AH (no client side item description history and 3 stat search limitation)
5. Unnecessary IAS nerf
6. Lack of focus on epic bosses (why change focus to elites when this doesn't make things interesting?)
7. Extra act of inferno feels "tacked-on" as a time waster
8. No horadric cube and recipes (fitted very well into D2 and added an element of mystery)
9. No runewords (added depth to D2)
10. Lack of charms
11. Lack of synergies
12. Missing ladder
13. Poor character level progression
14. Long skill cooldowns does not fit into the ARPG genre.
15. Resurrection timer belongs to WoW, not an ARPG
16. Timer on identifying items belongs to WoW, not an ARPG
17. No private channels
18. Delayed town portals belongs to WoW, not an ARPG
19. Overall, D3 feels like all the little quirks that made the Diablo series what it was is now gone. What we're left with is a shallow and unengaging experience.

yes. exactly why i am on diablo 2! i wish my 60$ went to another d2 expansion.
Reply Quote
I actually really enjoy Diablo 3 and am still playing it. It is not perfect, but has a lot of potential - and as soon as the class balance starts feeling a little more Kosher and we start seeing interesting Legendaries and affixes that we can use to tailor our builds further, it will start feeling better.

Currently, it's still very much a work in progress.
Reply Quote
"a work in progress."?

They've had 12 years. The pyramid at Giza only took 20.
Reply Quote
Not me. Lost what little urge I had to farm Inferno after patch 1.03
Reply Quote
06/28/2012 06:51 PMPosted by spiderisland
my cat once accidentally logged onto D3 by walking on the keyboard. i imagine most of the 2k public games right now can be explained through similar circumstances.

lol 1665 public games, big number for the idk 6 million copies sold haha...

i dont like level 60 cap. 99 in d2 was good and i played for years and couldnt hit it unless i just did runs for months...
free world
private chat
character customization, skills. i just do not like diablo 3.
Reply Quote
All of my friends stopped playing. Just one logs occasionally since he started late.. I log in few times a week to scout AH for half an hour and that's it.

Sad, sad fate this D3 has..
Reply Quote
"a work in progress."?

True dat.

Back to Tribes.
Reply Quote
Too many problems:

1. Lack of focus on PVP and other end game content
2. Horribly written story (unlike D2)
3. Four player cap
4. Lack of robustness for AH (no client side item description history and 3 stat search limitation)
5. Unnecessary IAS nerf
6. Lack of focus on epic bosses (why change focus to elites when this doesn't make things interesting?)
7. Extra act of inferno feels "tacked-on" as a time waster
8. No horadric cube and recipes (fitted very well into D2 and added an element of mystery)
9. No runewords (added depth to D2)
10. Lack of charms
11. Lack of synergies
12. Missing ladder
13. Poor character level progression
14. Long skill cooldowns does not fit into the ARPG genre.
15. Resurrection timer belongs to WoW, not an ARPG
16. Timer on identifying items belongs to WoW, not an ARPG
17. No private channels
18. Delayed town portals belongs to WoW, not an ARPG
19. Overall, D3 feels like all the little quirks that made the Diablo series what it was is now gone. What we're left with is a shallow and unengaging experience.

yes. exactly why i am on diablo 2! i wish my 60$ went to another d2 expansion.

Me to
Reply Quote
It seems like the majority on the forums hate <insert name here>
Reply Quote
"a work in progress."?

Ummm.. and the pyramid has lasted how long? This game. Dead in a little over a month.
Reply Quote
I'm currently still playing, just not as much, but there's still every class to level to 60 which is a good 30 hours a hero. Then trying to get every class in HC to 60. Then when you get bored of that try and complete some achievements, for me I think I have a lot of time left in this game. And the plus side to lvling all classes is when pvp comes out you wont have to lvl a new hero for which ever one is op lol.
Reply Quote
I'm still Playing myself. I enjoy it. Havent had many problems for about 2 weeks now. Even got $5 on first day of RMAH, have made a few bucks, but didnt expect to become a millionaire. Farming INferno Act I isnt all that bad.. you get a rythym going and a friend to bull!@#$ with on TS.
Reply Quote
It seems like the majority on the forums hate diablo 3, but has anyone stopped playing? i have been back on diablo 2 for 2 weeks now,

post 2 or 3 so people (and maybe blizzard) can see if others actually switched to diablo 2, or are still enjoying diablo 3...

im waiting for Guild wars 2 and Torchlight 2 for sure

after TL2 is released in Aug

i will trash my battle.net account
Reply Quote
I still like,partly it is because to many people expected to many things but they have a point on the many larger issues. Also I know this does not come up as much but the graphics were 3 years outdated at launch and it's bugging me
Reply Quote
View profile

Eh, I log on here and there, purchased Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion because I stopped playing D3 for a little. Playing less and less to be honest, and playing more Rebellion, because of D3 not being what I expected, I will be looking to try out other ARPG's and games similar to LoL.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]