Diablo® III

High Dps barb tips

View profile
I'm looking to build a high dps barb. I know to focus on Str, and maybe even Life steal. But other than that, what should I take/ignore??

Someone break it down?
Reply Quote
View profile
crit chance and crit damage..
Reply Quote
Hi there, I have focused on my dps on my barb and I can easily farm act 1 inferno easy. I literally 1 shot every normal mob and 3-5 shot elites/uniques.

Since I'm at work i cannot post my true stats but this is a rough estimate.

2.2k str
500 int
600 dex
500 vit
20.5k hp
52k base damage

With buffs and my cooldowns I have 160k dps for 15 seconds. I two shotted the warden yesterday night.

But with all this dps I still get owned in act 2-3-4. With a tank we made it to act 3 boss # 1 but we couldnt kill him.

I think my crit damage is 300% and my crit chance is near 30%.

If interested more I can login when im at home and post exact stats.

Thanks
Bigbelly#1424
Reply Quote
View profile
Well i'm around 37k dps, and admittedly I own Act 2, but ive been looking into getting far more DPS was just wondering what stats id need to obtain that. Guess I just need to work more on crit damage. Crit chance is at 30ish, guess i can go for 40-50 but anything more is too much
Reply Quote
Every barbarian needs a little defence, get some resistance, armor and vitality.
Reply Quote
in inferno acts3-4 unless you maintain your all resists when adding critical hit chance/damage to your gear its quite pointless.
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 11:03 PMPosted by nicoacademia
in inferno acts3-4 unless you maintain your all resists when adding critical hit chance/damage to your gear its quite pointless.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5979219760

not really, my resists are average at best but act3 is still a piece of cake with 130k+dps buffed
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Bigbelly
Hi there, I have focused on my dps on my barb and I can easily farm act 1 inferno easy.

whoopee.

2.2k str
500 int
600 dex
500 vit
20.5k hp

No wonder you get owned in act 2/3/4. 20k hp? as a Barb?? And why are you even quoting how much Intell you have? You need like 2x more hp, less dps, ( yes stop stacking dps), and resistance up the wazoo. You will never, I repeat never finish Inferno with 20k hp.
Edited by DamageInc#1846 on 7/2/2012 12:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
07/02/2012 12:24 AMPosted by omgmango

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5979219760

not really, my resists are average at best but act3 is still a piece of cake with 130k+dps buffed

See THAT is what i'm going for. Something around 100k but with half decent resists/armor/hp.
Reply Quote
I'm not too worried about finishing inferno, this is a game and I'm having fun stacking as much dps as humanly possible. Atm with my dps gear I have 58k base dps 17k hp and 400 RA. I can solo act 1-2 because everything dies in either 1 hit or elites/bosses die in 2-3 seconds.

I have started making a tanking set ... for end game content but I find the actual killing less enjoyable with 18k dps.

Give it a shot, maximize your dps and see how much fun it is =-)

Belly Power!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]