Only reason I am writing about this game is because I wanted to share a game with other former D2 players that are looking for something fun to play, and may be turned off by Diablo 3.
Top 10 Reasons Why You Might Like Dungeon Defenders (Steam/PC version)
1. Stat points! Ability to be full tower/DPS/ or hybrid is awesome
2. Respec your stat points! Costs 100,000 mana (the game currency) which is very small amount once you hit higher levels.
3. Fast to level up! Took me 5 days (casual playing) to hit level 70. With one level 70 character I can make a new 70 in a couple of hours. Similiar to doing the old Baal runs. Plus you can name your player room again! i.e. "Level up room"
4. Split screen cooperative play! With support of PC controller or Xbox 360 controller.
5. Nightmare mode (highest difficulty) is challenging even in a group. (P.S. Group play is very rewarding and fun with players feeling useful even with low level items/gear. (someone has to repair/upgrade the towers. Which is a tough job by itself)
6. Ability to sync your Trendynet (their version fo Battlenet) character for offline play so that if servers are down, or you are without internet, you can still play with your character that you worked hard on.
7. Challenge missions are fun and unique. Challenges are special missions in which after you beat a specific stage, a special challenge appears to see if you can master it in another way. For example typically enemies spawn from preset locations. In "Raining Goblins" they randomly fall from the sky EVERYWHERE.
8. Graphics are top notch (Uses Unreal engine). with first person/top down (Diablo style)/3rd person views avaiable to switch between.
9. Remember trying to make a perfect "Breath of the Dying" or "Grief" ? Or even trying to buy one. There are still items that have perfect stats that you can farm. Even though you can still get by with the "imperfect" one. That loot driven mentality is high in this game.
10. Its fun! The community is awesome, Steam achievements are fun, and they are displayed in your players tavern as trophies for everyone to see (Your tavern acts as a player lobby in multiplayer). You can have your own player store where you can sell items that you find.
If you're intersting in playing Dungeon Defenders download Steam game client (free) and download the free demo and try it out yourself. Although the game is only $14.00 to purchase which is a STEAL. If you have any questions ask me.
Now to open up the gates to flame haha.