Diablo® III

Zolton Kulle - Why did his story have to end?

1 Blood Elf Priest
The only thing that really was the most entertaining throughout the game in terms of the story was Zolton Kulle.

He had a deep history, you learned about his demise through journals and talking with him. He was a knowledgeable "villian". I was expecting him to be a side character throughout the rest of the game. But what happened?

We went through the aqueducts, we got his body, we revived him partially, we went through more aqueducts, we opened levers, we went into a desert, we collected both sets of blood, we went through his archive, unlocked both locks, went through a shadow realm, and then....

We killed him. Bam, splat, kaput. Dead in a mere matter of seconds.

Anyone else disappointed with how this character turned out? I understand they wanted to use him in order to get the Black Soulstone, but honestly, I thought they could've done this character they developed so deeply some more justice. He could've lived and perhaps been in the next expansion. He could've been a side character. Anything. Instead, he dies, after all that work and plot development.

Also, how were we able to kill him, if the Horadrim could not?

The entire D3 story was pretty botched to be honest. The lord of lies sucks as lying. The lord of strategy and war sucks at that. Maghda is a weak villian who I could care less about. Zolton Kulle was the only interesting character, and they butchered it...
Reply Quote
Also, how were we able to kill him, if the Horadrim could not?

Some people are suggesting that we were able to kill him as we didn't simply slay him, we destroyed him. But it is possible we didn't actually kill him, and he will just take awhile to reform.
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 02:33 PMPosted by AscendedOne
But it is possible we didn't actually kill him, and he will just take awhile to reform.

Wouldn't surprise me if they retcon him back together.

"He wasn't actually dead, you just disintegrated him."
Reply Quote
Well, ZK did reappear as a ghost in act 4. Under the control of el diablo of course.
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Reumor
Well, ZK did reappear as a ghost in act 4. Under the control of el diablo of course.

Not a ghost, an illusion. I believe the enchantress mentions that it is an illusion as well.

Wouldn't surprise me if they retcon him back together.

It wouldn't be a retcon as they didn't explain the details of his immortality.
Edited by Ascendedone#1637 on 7/1/2012 6:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]