Diablo® III

New Stuttering Workaround!

The thing that really really annoys me is the game ran fine till that first patch.
Reply Quote
I was going to try this as I have tried everything until I read through this entire thread. Most if not everybody who tries this get no better results.

I called blizz tech support and went through everything with them. Gave them all my specs. Tech guy said I should be playing this with no problems. Mentioned what I have been reading about the HDD issue and he tells me a slow hard drive could cause these issues. REALLY? Where in the system requirements does it state which type of hard drives needs to be used? Tells us min. requirements for CPU, RAM, GPU etc but nowhere does it say anything about HDD requirements.

The only point of my post is to also show I am another pissed off customer with a $60 AAA game from a "AAA developer" and it is now going on 5 month with no official word on an actually developer breakthrough fix coming for this gamebreaking issue.

I wonder if I were to call customer service and request for my $60 back, would they honor it?
Reply Quote
I bought a 16GB USB thumb drive for $10. Put the whole game on it and now the stuttering is gone. I also have a 7200rpm HDD so the game should've ran fine but it didn't.
Reply Quote
My game stuttered in beta.

It stuttered after release when playing the starter edition.

It still stutters today on the full release, even on a new system.

It's a visual microstutter while moving around, not a disk access issue (and to be sure I've tested it on my Vertex 3, which I might add improved the loading speed significantly making the load hitching nearly nonexistent.). The stutter varies based on the framerate cap/vsync. I can lessen it, but I can't remove it.

I've disabled SLI on my old setup (2x 460's) to no avail. My new setup uses a single 670, so that should eliminate any GPU based issues. CPU went from a 2500K to 3770K; HT on or off made no difference.

Magicka is the only other game which exhibits microstutter like this.

So far, no workarounds have worked. Maybe 1.0.5 will fix this issue.. but probably not.

Edit: Nope. 1.0.5 did nothing.
Edited by DAOWAce#1140 on 10/23/2012 8:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote

It's a visual microstutter while moving around, not a disk access issue... The stutter varies based on the framerate cap/vsync. I can lessen it, but I can't remove it.

So far, no workarounds have worked. Maybe 1.0.5 will fix this issue.. but probably not.

My experience precisely.

It isn't consistent either and I've not found the pattern.
Reply Quote

It's a visual microstutter while moving around, not a disk access issue... The stutter varies based on the framerate cap/vsync. I can lessen it, but I can't remove it.

My experience precisely.

It isn't consistent either and I've not found the pattern.

I've tried the 1.0.5. Public Test - Issue remains
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
??????????????????????????????????????
nothing works.
It's not our end, it's yours.
Reply Quote
this doesn't work
Reply Quote
New patch and still this issue remains, when will Blizzard ever fix this !@#$? I think there's enough people with the issue to rule out it being an issue on our end.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 01:43 AMPosted by Lumajo
The thing that really really annoys me is the game ran fine till that first patch.

My experience is just as yours. After 1.0.4 specifically things got terribly bad. 4-5 fps, 1400MS lag. Unplayable.
Reply Quote
The last patch made this issue worse
Reply Quote
hnmm. after patch 1.0.5 the lag was terrible i can barely play with 1k latency+ I tried this method of fix and it work for me now im at my regular 190 - 200 latency! THANKS A LOT!
Reply Quote
Does not work, waste of time. Instead of telling us all the crap to do to our cpus, how about you fix the real problem, the coding?
Reply Quote
It worked for me for like 1 hour and then I lag again. I right click the Drive C and i saw that the "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed..." is now CHECKED but i did uncheck it and applied. I did the same process over and over again but I cant uncheck it anymore. how can i Uncheck it because it worked for me. PLS help im not good at fixing computers LOL
Reply Quote
Wish I would have found this thread months ago. Micro stuttering has been driving me nuts on both of the machines I play d3 on.

Disabling drive indexing solved it.

Time for "Loading..." screens? Yup.
Reply Quote
Guys i did not read all the comments, i had stuttering from the beginning and tried a lot of different things. Today i just unchecked the max back and forground option and all the stuttering is gone.
Reply Quote
I've had Indexing disabled since the early beta. Indexing is not the problem here. Poor memory management is the real issue here.

The Diablo 3 client doesn't pre-cache enough assets. In fact it doesn't even pre-cache your character assets. So the first time you do anything or move anywhere it's going to stream those assets into memory. Swing your sword and you will notice the first time it always drops frames on said asset and or animation. This effect is made worse as the game plays. Sometimes I see the game load some assets and then constantly reload the same assets. This can be easily tested by moving forwards and then backwards to data that has already been loaded into memory.

You will see how quickly the client "forgets" the data it had loaded and then calls for it again. Sometimes this happens in succession. I'm no expert on streaming software solutions or even memory management but even as a layman I can see exactly what's happening and what isn't.

First of all the game needs to pre-cache more assets. It should always pre-cache the player assets the minute the player enters the game. Increasing load time for this is not an issue as we are not talking about much data. If there are more than one player then other player assets should be loaded upon entering the game.

Secondly the game needs to have improvemed memory magement in general and an upgraded streaming engine to reduce redundancy and global limiations. In a nut shell this game needs to use more memory and be more efficient when it does.

No amount of drivers or hardware you throw at this problem will solve it. Blizzard is the only ones who can fix the issue by fixing the software itself. I would think after the number of sales this game has seen it should easily qualify for some upgrades in these areas no matter how much work is required. Blizzard owes it to their fans to at least bring the engine up to standards which it currently isn't.

This thread should read "How to Improve Stuttering Until a Proper Solution Can Be Implemented" and that _is_ the bottom line.
Edited by Malicar#1224 on 10/21/2012 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
That refers to asset loading hitching. There is another screen jitter that has nothing to do with loading assets. Like Greenthumb, I noticed the FPS limiters aggravate it but, unfortunately in my case, unchecking those doens't eliminate it.
Reply Quote
Same here, still having clumpy and stuttering issues.

Perhaps any Blizzard Personnel can address this issue in a formal way so us players can have an ease on mind on whats going on/updates regarding this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]