Diablo® III

New Stuttering Workaround!

Just tried... i think slightly smoother when i m all alone. Anyways overall it didnt work for me. Wasted 24k.

Anyway thanks :)

Blizz, pls solve the problem quick, i am dying like glass without using glass cannon in MP2.
Reply Quote
I bought Diablo 3 pre-launch and waited up for 6 hours to get a log in. Then when I got on it was a lag fest. I came back 12 hours later and played awhile. Got a wizard to 44 then started disliking how loot was dropped and the difficulty was off. So its been since launch and I updated to 1.0.5. Its unplayable with my quad core 3.4, 8gb ram, and gtx 650ti. So I guess I'll wait another few months before I come back. Such a let down.
Reply Quote
After patch 1.05 this has been way worse. Before it would last maybe 8 seconds or so, and not happen very often. Now it happens all the time. My machine has no problem running this game. I should not have this stuttering.
Reply Quote
Alright here we go again. Now the stuttering is even worse with the new patch. Blizzard you really need to fix this. I'm actually running the Nvidia 306.23 drivers set to 1 prerendered frame with application defaults on a nice fast drive with 16GB of RAM. The game stutters worse than ever with ALL of the known tweaks after this last update to 1.05

Why not pre-cache more assets and utilize more system memory. At least provide an aggressive profile for people with mid to high range machines. This game runs like a Bethesda game on console now only worse. Stutter stutter stutter. Constantly trying to reload the same data into memory while pushing it right back out at the same time. Seriously you guys should be apologizing and giving us a free copy of Starcraft 2 or something for having to wait this long to get the damn engine updated.

Stardock sent me a free copy of Elemental Enchantress last night just for buying their last game. Here I sit after spending 1000's of dollars in this company and I can't even get a proper technical update to the Diablo 3 engine which sold 2 million or more copies and you have everything in place AND the resouces to produce and distro the patch. My point is there should be no EXCUSE for this and you need to buckle down and make this happen NOW!

Sincerely, and tired of waiting Malicar
Edited by Malicar#1224 on 11/2/2012 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^Quoted for truth

I come back here every day to see if a mod or blizz comments or gives us some hope. I mean its one of the most popular games. I was under the impression that blizzard makes AAA titles.

Oh and just to see if it was my computer or something I formatted and its still there. I've got 8gb of ram. Yet I never use it.
Reply Quote
This does not work. FPS is reaching 1 in some maps.
Reply Quote
Still no fix for this nonsense? This is getting really old, it takes 2-3 runs until I've encountered all the types of enemies and elite affixes before the game finally runs smooth. I'm on a 2600k @4.6ghz, a GTX 670, and 8gb RAM....I don't care if you need to use more system resources, i have them to spare.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem. After 1.0.5a patch installed every time is stuttering. I see that my HDD is always in work. Disabling file indexing didn't help.

In my case all of this was started only after 1.0.5a patch. Before installation performance of the game was very good.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
^Quoted for truth

I come back here every day to see if a mod or blizz comments or gives us some hope. I mean its one of the most popular games. I was under the impression that blizzard makes AAA titles.

Oh and just to see if it was my computer or something I formatted and its still there. I've got 8gb of ram. Yet I never use it.

I check back every month or so to see if it's fixed. Nope! I wish they would just admit that they are never going to fix it. False hope is a terrible thing.
Reply Quote
Just tried this, in combination with also hosting the .mpq files on a RAM Disk and my stuttering issues have all but completely disappeared. The game has gone from being almost unplayable at times, to being almost flawlessly smooth. Cheers for the suggestion, in my case it seems to have worked.

Windows 7 x64 here, with 8 Gb RAM, 1.2 Ghz dual core processor and ATI Mobility HD5450.
Reply Quote
thanks, its a lot better for me now
Reply Quote
Shame that half of us are talking about visual microstutter and the other half are talking about asset loading.

There needs to be 2 separate threads for the specific issues.
Reply Quote
Wow this has actually helped a lot! Thanks for the suggestion.
Reply Quote
Yeah I am so annoyed. I bought this game on release day, yet have never been able to play it. I am shocked that it has been over 5 months and still it hasnt been fixed, that is craziness. Please Blizzard crack down on this issue and fix it!
Reply Quote
Shame that half of us are talking about visual microstutter and the other half are talking about asset loading.

There needs to be 2 separate threads for the specific issues.

What's the difference? I thought, from reading this thread, that perhaps the microstutter I experience on my laptop was being caused by asset loading?
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Drayven
What's the difference? I thought, from reading this thread, that perhaps the microstutter I experience on my laptop was being caused by asset loading?

Microstutter is exactly what it's called, a visual micro stutter, usually about 10-50ms, that happens repeatedly, indefinitely. Depending on how sensitive one is, they might never even notice this.

Asset loading is actual freezing of the client while it waits for the data to be loaded from the disk into system memory. If using a mechanical hard drive, this is usually accompanied by that ever so familiar 'loading' sound.

While very small asset loads can mimic microstutter (especially if loading from an SSD), they are not the same.

You can look at videos on youtube to see what microstutter is. This one does a good job of explaining multi-gpu microstutter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtre2f4qZs While not exactly what we're experiencing with Diablo 3, it's still one type of microstutter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]