Diablo® III

New Stuttering Workaround!

Thank you so much Pgar, it all made total sense. I was using msi to limit fps and i use 3d overide for forcing vsync but i still had stutter. I was almost there,I use driver 296.10... i read this post it all came together. Having min fps in preferences at 1 and me trying to force fps to stay at 60 was what was causing the stutter! they were fighting each other to keep screen synced. I did your fix turned off my fps forcing in MSI and wallah. Also a side note besides your fix i have application decide for vsync in nvidia c.p. and vsync off ingame,I use 3d overider to force vsync and turn off limit foreground and background fps ingame. That was the main issue D3 prefs were fighting vsync.

P.S. You don't know how much sleep I lost over all of this, I was literally going insane, i wanted to play D3 so bad I have played since the first. THANK YOU for taking the time to find this fix! I LOVE YOU MAN!
Edited by TriggerSaint#1450 on 8/7/2012 11:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've had this "Allow files on the drive to have content indexed...." uncheck for a very long time. I have rubberbanding while playing Diablo 3. This advice would do nothing for rubberbanding while playing online.
Reply Quote
Thanks Pgar, solved my stuttering <3
Reply Quote
Still waiting for this to be fixed. How many months has it been? I've lost track. I put up with it til I got to inferno but I'm sick of it now and won't play again til the stuttering is gone.

I have a GTX 570 and a i7-2600k. Running on an SSD.

I assume it will never be fixed. Maybe when I get a new computer in a couple years it will magically work.

Diablo 3 could not possibly be more disappointing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Still waiting for this to be fixed. How many months has it been? I've lost track. I put up with it til I got to inferno but I'm sick of it now and won't play again til the stuttering is gone.

I have a GTX 570 and a i7-2600k. Running on an SSD.

I assume it will never be fixed. Maybe when I get a new computer in a couple years it will magically work.

Diablo 3 could not possibly be more disappointing.

I'm right with you man! It seems like having a SSD actually hurts us in D3 for some stupid reason. The stuttering is insane and makes the game unplayable. I have a 560 Ti also and a i7 920 /w 6GB of RAM and this game plays like crap.
Reply Quote
What I changed

These 4 settings seem to be the problem for my situation
LimitForegroundFPS "0"
MaxForegroundFPS "0" <----------- These particularly
LimitBackgroundFPS "0"
MaxBackgroundFPS "0"<------------These particularly

Like buttah! So far so good, thanks, Pgar08!
Reply Quote
Thank you so much Pgar, it all made total sense. I was using msi to limit fps and i use 3d overide for forcing vsync but i still had stutter. I was almost there,I use driver 296.10... i read this post it all came together. Having min fps in preferences at 1 and me trying to force fps to stay at 60 was what was causing the stutter! they were fighting each other to keep screen synced. I did your fix turned off my fps forcing in MSI and wallah. Also a side note besides your fix i have application decide for vsync in nvidia c.p. and vsync off ingame,I use 3d overider to force vsync and turn off limit foreground and background fps ingame. That was the main issue D3 prefs were fighting vsync.

P.S. You don't know how much sleep I lost over all of this, I was literally going insane, i wanted to play D3 so bad I have played since the first. THANK YOU for taking the time to find this fix! I LOVE YOU MAN!

So.... Back to stuttering but not as much... spoke too soon :( Make sure u have "ALL" fps controllers set to "0" in D3 Prefs.... And off in game...

Sorry Guys, I feel your pain... 550 TI User
Reply Quote
hmm for some reason my D3pref's get changed back to defaults
Reply Quote
I tried some "Clean" install stuff with Nvidia drivers today. Used driver sweeper and got EVERYTHING Nvidia had on my computer, also realized nvidia would reinstall a video driver after reboot without permission this was making drivers conflict. Rebooted again stopped process before it could install and did drive sweep again then installed new driver (296.10 fresh download works best for me) Things have been decent after that. P.S. make sure to run "FULL" scans with virus programs... I learn more everyday about this issue and will keep updating others with the same problem... To any others suffering, I'm sorry
Reply Quote
Ok Guys! Just had a very smooth play through, here is what I use as of now that works the best. P.S. I use N-Vid 550 TI Card.

1.Game Booster Program
2.Nvidia driver 296.10 (I have tried them ALL) VERY CLEAN install described above.
3.In D3 Prefs H.W. class to 1, Frame rate limiters ALL to "0" (This will reset every game start)
4.D3 Overrider program With force V-Sync AND Triple Buffering.
4.In game settings Limiters OFF, V-Sync Enabled. (App. Controlled in N.V. control Panel)

I really hopes this helps some of you! :)
Reply Quote
Any chance patch 1.04 will fix stutter?

*crosses fingers*
Reply Quote
I'm crossing my fingers and toes...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Didn't work for me, and anyone who thinks their computer is bad, and its a problem on their end, this happens with lowest possible graphics, and ultra, its diablo 3 not your computers.
Reply Quote
08/17/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Kymeisucks
Didn't work for me, and anyone who thinks their computer is bad, and its a problem on their end, this happens with lowest possible graphics, and ultra, its diablo 3 not your computers.

I agree, ill turn my settings all the way down and the stutter is still there, NOT ON OUR END...
Reply Quote
I am on an 6850 with SSD went all the way down with graphics and resolutions and still have stutter...Checked my temps all good on that end also. I do not think its my PC since and every other game seems to run smooth as butter. Just D3 is stuttering every 10-15 steps I take in game.

Can our systems be TOO powerful for this game? Seems kinda stupid question but seems correct.
Reply Quote

*crosses fingers*

I've seen no evidence this will happen. Seems like we are a tiny minority, and they already have our money so why even bother.
Reply Quote

*crosses fingers*

I've seen no evidence this will happen. Seems like we are a tiny minority, and they already have our money so why even bother.

Exactly, they have plenty of people who have a working game, they have made their quota so who gives a hoot about the 20% who cant play? Blizz sure doesn't....
Reply Quote
Omrakos
Support Forum Agent

Edited by Omrakos on 5/29/12 5:33 PM (PDT)

" Three performance-related issues in Diablo III seem to be centered around using the Vsync setting in the in-game video options, disk asset loading stutters, and a possible overheating issue.

Vsync: Vsync stuttering is normally caused by a machine being unable to maintain 60fps, falling behind and then alternating between 30fps and 60fps. When this is the cause, the player may want to limit the frame rate to 30fps, or reduce system and graphical settings. Ongoing optimizations by the developers will also help on this front.

Disk loading stutters: We’re working on the disk asset loading stutters as well. In an upcoming patch, some of the prefetching in the game is being changed which should help with the stuttering.

Overheating: There are some people having what appear to be video driver resets leading to long pauses as Diablo III reloads assets and then resumes playing. We're working to reproduce the issue internally. For now, we believe it could be due to the video card (GPU) overheating. Many users have addressed this on their own by limiting the frame rate and underclocking their GPUs.

The developers are making incremental improvements to address these issues. These will be rolled out across future patches."

They posted this TWO months ago. How far in the future are we talkin?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]