- I just wanted to share what worked for me after a lot of trial and error, as well as 500k gold in repair bills. -_- I'm going to provide as much info as I can to increase the likelihood that you'll find something useful in my post, and maybe it will save you some gold in the process!
[If the following helps you, make sure to give the post a "thumbs-up" so others can see it too. Thanks.]
My gear isn't bad at all, but it's not crazy. I killed him without zerging him down via ridiculous dps. In fact, he died with not much time left before enrage.
- MY STATS:
- Damage: 18699.14 (21504.01 w/ Blazing Wrath)
- Dexterity: 1546
- Vitality: 970
- Armor: 5762
- Attacks per Second: 1.58
- Crit Chance: 23.5% (Amulet–5%, Gloves–5%, Shield–8.5%)
- Crit Damage: 75% (Ring–25%)
- Block Amount: 2794–3704
- Block Chance: 16%
- Dodge Chance: 35.5%
- Damage Reduction: 65.76%
- Resist to All: 506 (One with Everything)
- Health: 42098
- Life Bonus: 23%
- Life Per Second: 149
- Life Steal: 0%
- Life on Hit: 907 (Amulet–536, Legs–71, Gem-300)
- Spirit Regen: 1.32 (Helm–1.32)
This build utilizes Transcendence via high Spirit regeneration, resulting in very reliable, consistent healing. It allows the player to use Mantra of Conviction as a clutch heal (as well as a damage boost). With Serenity, Breath of Heaven, Inner Sanctuary, and a little Life on Hit, this build provides enough healing to survive poison clouds that do otherwise unsurvivable damage. If your damage is relatively high compared to mine, you might consider using a different Mantra – one that can make up for a stat that might be relatively low compared to mine.
- Make sure to start the encounter with both Mantra and Blazing Wrath active and with max Spirit.
- When the fight begins, run to Ghom by going behind, and around, the left side of the front-left pillar. This places the first poison cloud in a favorable spot for kiting.
- Use Sweeping Wind and Serenity right away to get your Sweeping Wind stacks to three asap.
- Kite Ghom counter-clockwise slowly around the room ("And when I say slowly, I mean ******* slow! Many gas clouds. Handle it!"), starting as close to the front-left pillar as possible.
- Patience is key to kiting him effectively. He is fat and slow, and you will be worried about your Sweeping Wind stacks falling. Just wait for him to walk his happy *** over to you. You will be generating a lot of Spirit, so hit Sweeping Wind again to refresh the stacks without hitting him. Worst case, just let the stacks fall. Do not stand in the poison clouds for any reason.
- Each time you move out of one poison cloud, stay as close to that cloud as you can without actually taking damage from it, and, again, wait for him to come to you.
- Kill the adds quickly (unless they are sitting in a poison cloud). There's already enough damage going around as it is.
- Once you get a feel for when he is about to spawn his adds, time your Inner Sanctuary with the add spawns. This will give you extra healing while you nuke them down, and it provides a barrier that Ghom has to walk around to get to you, limiting the damage you take while adds are up.
- The "super-special-ancient-Chinese-secret" of this build is repeatedly healing yourself with Mantra. I only had the 62 life-per-spirit from Transcendence, so the heal was only 4650, but it has no CD, and can be used really frequently b/c of all the spirit regen in the build. Long story short, it's clutch.
- Lastly, if your dps is like mine, be ready to get him down to 5-10% health and then die from enrage a few times. He'll enrage, which will make you enrage. You two will share a moment.
Hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I'll give the best info I can.