Diablo® III

Possible fix for Lag spikes/FPS loss

100 Dwarf Paladin
Saw this in another thread :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978351198

Only changed my sound channels to 16, and disabled trillenear filtering. Not sure about the filtering setting, but it actually kind of made sense as the worst of it seemed to happen when I would start talking to npc's.

Since the change, no lag, no spikes, no rubber banding, no fps loss.

iMac 21", 2.7 quad, 16g ram, 256 SSD
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the feedback. I'm sending this up to the team to investigate.
Edited by Machkhan on 7/2/2012 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Spoke to soon on the rubber banding, but come to think of it I don't think they are related.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Rubber banding is more of a network thing, but we'll look into that and see if it's tied.
Reply Quote
Did not work for me, unfortunately. My hardware class was already set to 1, and I changed the other two settings. However, I did not restart my computer so maybe if I did that something magical would happen, but I doubt it.

Specs:

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB51.007D.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.32f8
Hardware UUID: 66AB529E-0584-50CA-91CB-9CCAE7C0E6A3
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3385
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53)
Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.0
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
Time since boot: 1:03
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Worked for a while, smooth as butter, but came back. It's like the game slows down for a second and then all of the graphics and dialogue try to catch up, for a brief second after the slow down, everything moves very quickly then goes back to normal. i've seen this before, but can't recall where at.
Reply Quote
I have the same exact issue happening as Muchhammer described, it can get very annoying. my specs arnt the best; ill admit it. But, if it can run at 60 fps, then drop to 5-10 for a few seconds, i don't think this is my pc's fault.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
1) If you are on a PC or running Windows via Boot Camp, you should post your issue in the Technical Support Forum located here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/

2) If you are not on a PC, but are in fact using a Mac, you should start a new thread and post your system information so we can troubleshoot your problem more efficiently.

Obtaining and Posting System Information

1) Click on the Apple Menu while holding down the Option key and select System Profiler (10.6.8) / System Information (10.7 and later).

2) Copy the information from the following sections and paste them into your post. Please copy in the following order: Hardware Overview, Graphics, and Software. Do not include any serial numbers, hardware UUIDs, or account/login names or information in your post.

3) This thread is old and your issue may be different, or have been caused by regressions in the 1.0.6 client that were fixed in 1.0.5. It is a good idea not to necro a thread that is more than a month old, especially considering many patches have happened since then (see #2).

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]