Diablo® III

Reflect damage broken as hell?

Keep in mind that your actual DPS is higher than what the character sheet says because most attacks do greater than 100% weapon damage,

Except I have individual armour pieces that give me more than that per second passively.

do they scale with dps?

i didn't think so
Reply Quote
Quit being glass cannons and you'll magically stop dying to Reflect.
Reply Quote
06/29/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Bluntski
its what smokescreen is for

Yea, not that easy.

Actually a life on hit weapon and Gloom are the remedy to that, Smoke duration is too short to be a viable way of avoiding Reflect damage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
06/29/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Korba
500 life regen, or 500 LoH and this is not a problem

If you have 60k dps its a huge problem.
Reply Quote
it takes 300+ allres to notice a huge improvement

LOH isnt that great, i have a bow with 900 LOH, 50k hp and 175 all res and i can easily kill myself if i dont properly use SP gloom or Smoke screen

what makes a huge difference is all resistances when it comes to reflect dmg

my dh has 106k dps (NO SS) 50k hp 175all res and i can easily !@#$ myself over with reflect dmg mobs

Life-on-hit IS great...but it doesn't scale as your gear gets better.

If you're tearing things up at 106k DPS, you'll want plenty of life steal instead (or in addition).
Reply Quote
Reflect is my 2nd favorite affix to get... right behind Fast. :D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
06/29/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Henrik
500 life regen, or 500 LoH and this is not a problem

If you have 60k dps its a huge problem.

with what armor/resistance/discipline?
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
I found just adding 1k LoH didn't work for me on Siegebreaker. I added a phys resist/all resist/ vitality item and that worked very well. I get 31% DR from phys resist and I have 12k health with this and I do fine. I do use caltrops with jagged spike rune for life regen though. I suggest adding phys resist.

I hate shadow power. I hate the idea that I am forced to use this one ability for one type of affix. It took me a while but I finally can do things without it, but it takes a few extra pieces of gear and a couple of extra millions of gold.

Edit. I have 41k DPS but only 33k w/ my LoH/phys resist stuff on and I do okay with frost arrow. One thing to remember is that different abilities give a different amount of LoH despite your actual LoH amount. You may need to adjust the ability you use. Here is an estimate link. http://blackrabbit2999.blogspot.com/2012/06/diablo-3-demon-hunter-life-on-hit.html
Edited by Jakeofcats#1740 on 6/29/2012 7:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/29/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Vayne

Sorry, tell me how my monk, barbarian, witch doctor, and wizard are supposed to use smokescreen?
Reply Quote
So them, why aren't you using Gloom?
Reply Quote
For DH, just time your Smokescreen in coordination with your attack. You basically just hit Smokescreen + your nuke (like Cluster Arrow) and you should be fine. It takes a little more kiting and more patience, but it's doable. They usually catch me off guard ad kill me the first time though. I'm just flying through enemies and then all of a sudden my HP drops and I'm like "Oh, they were Reflect Damage," lol.

For DH there's Smokescreen/Gloom
For Everything else there's Mastercard.
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 02:09 AMPosted by LeakyTeacup

Sorry, tell me how my monk, barbarian, witch doctor, and wizard are supposed to use smokescreen?

Since this is the Demon Hunter subforum, it's not too outrageous to assume relevance to..Demon Hunters :)
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 02:09 AMPosted by LeakyTeacup

You necrod a thread from June in a DH forum to ask that?
Reply Quote
use gloom, or loh gear. Hey, life's not perfect anyway
Reply Quote
instead of crying you could find a solution like most of us did.
Reply Quote
View profile
ive got 600 vit, 200 resists, and i do 105k without SS. i can literally sit there and face tank a RD mob with gloom. use it.
Reply Quote
I'm playing as a wizard. My dps is over 190k. When I go into archon I hit about 250k. I normally can kill an elite in about 5-10 seconds. I have over 60k hp and 400 all resist. When I hit all three of them at the same time I die within two seconds. By time I realize that I'm taking damage it's too late.

I didn't look up how much damage I take. I'm guessing it's 5% of the hit. So if I hit for 250k that would equal to 12.5k a hit. If I hit all 3 of them I take in 37.5k a hit.

They should have a cap on how much damage they can reflect.
Reply Quote
reflect damage is terrible, should be removed
Reply Quote
You can easly manage reflect damage in a glass canon build using smoke screen. It gives you some good nuke time. Beside, after the patches you can take a hit or two with crappy defensive stats. This makes it even easier to time the ss nuke.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]