Diablo® III

Reflect damage broken as hell?

Almost 200k dps, no sharpshooter or smoke screen. Shadow power gloom is enough to deal with every mob and stand in most of everything, just need life at 40k plus and 200 ar and a little armor helps. And very little regen. But I can solo mp7 pretty easily, use vault to get away. If you want to play sometime, hit me up. Also you really don't need plus any disc, or nat set for bonus, i have niether and I still get a constant flow of disc with either vengence or nightstalker, plus perfectionist for less disc cost...and a little more res.
Reply Quote
it's not broken in a sense that you can't beat it, it's broken in a sense that it's a do you have gloom or not mod. it's also pretty dumb that in order to be able to kill RD packs you can pretty much face tank everything else and they offer 0 challenge.
Reply Quote
Well they have said they are tweaking reflect in the next patch so we will just have to wait and see. At least we have a skill to deal with them, every other class has to buy gear specifically for rd... to answer the title yes they are a bit broken, but for us shadow power gloom at a certian dps becomes dh tank mode.
Reply Quote
Dh's don't need any lifesteal or loh...gloom is so fn op
Reply Quote
Reflect mobs are definitely the most challenging affix, although vortex with arcane/walls can be a challenge sometimes. However, they aren't so challenging that they are impossible, in fact they aren't even really that hard. The only time I ever have trouble with them is if I go into a fight down on health and with no disc because I've been too aggressive with vaulting.

If you don't want to gear for decent EHP and spec so you can gloom all the time then that's your choice, just carry around a lower DPS weapon with LoH and LS and you'll be fine swapping weapons.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 08:45 AMPosted by Jars
it's not broken in a sense that you can't beat it, it's broken in a sense that it's a do you have gloom or not mod. it's also pretty dumb that in order to be able to kill RD packs you can pretty much face tank everything else and they offer 0 challenge.

Not true btw.

The only requirement with reflect damage packs is in stretching the fight. If you try to lay spike traps without gloom or something similar, you'll blow yourself up pretty good.

Reflect packs are pretty much.. hungering arrow primarily for damage on the in-between.. and then space out gloom/spike a tad to close the loop on the preparation cooldown if needed and make sure you stay good with health. Its not rocket science, its just not expecting to lay them out in a few seconds like every other pack. The only tickle is if you get a reflect pack and didn't realize it in time.. but they're fixing that in the next patch with the visual cue.
Edited by Quillim#1459 on 1/2/2013 11:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Reflect mobs are definitely the most challenging affix, although vortex with arcane/walls can be a challenge sometimes. However, they aren't so challenging that they are impossible, in fact they aren't even really that hard. The only time I ever have trouble with them is if I go into a fight down on health and with no disc because I've been too aggressive with vaulting.

If you don't want to gear for decent EHP and spec so you can gloom all the time then that's your choice, just carry around a lower DPS weapon with LoH and LS and you'll be fine swapping weapons.

You don't have to gloom all the time, you just have to be smart about when you do.

And i hate waller mobs. Its not that they're in any way hard, its that half the fight you spend simply trying to get a clear shot to shoot or lay down spike traps.
Edited by Quillim#1459 on 1/2/2013 11:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
omgggggggg enough of this necro thread... let... it... die...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
06/29/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Bluntski
My frozen arrow cits for 140k and hits all 3/4 of the pack. I 2 shot myself with 36k hp.

Lawl

You chose to gear that way. Enjoy your bad choices!
Reply Quote

Not true btw.

The only requirement with reflect damage packs is in stretching the fight. If you try to lay spike traps without gloom or something similar, you'll blow yourself up pretty good.

Reflect packs are pretty much.. hungering arrow primarily for damage on the in-between.. and then space out gloom/spike a tad to close the loop on the preparation cooldown if needed and make sure you stay good with health. Its not rocket science, its just not expecting to lay them out in a few seconds like every other pack. The only tickle is if you get a reflect pack and didn't realize it in time.. but they're fixing that in the next patch with the visual cue.

or you can use gloom not give a !@#$ and drop 3 echoing blast traps on them. RD is stupid and only serves to shut down alternate builds. what it is doing in a game about pushing your numbers as high as they can go I have no idea.
Edited by Jars#1772 on 1/2/2013 7:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Talk about a thread revived from the dead
Reply Quote
:( reflection BAD!!!
I run a lvl 60 with crap and don't know what I am doing!

please discuss?! waaaa
Reply Quote
I used to play with this guy who would boast about having 25k dps more than me... then run into a reflect pack and just die instantly.

Even when I used to run glass cannon these were not that bad and actually quite refreshing since it forced you to wake up and approach the fight differently.

Not sure why, but the DH class tends to attract people who think they can face tank everything despite having low ehp. Nowadays good gear is cheap so there is no reason why anyone should be having problems with this affix.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Neoshinji
Nowadays good gear is cheap so there is no reason why anyone should be having problems with this affix.

^This and just spam gloom
Reply Quote
The only time i tend to have issues with reflect damage is when i cluster arrow an elite pack without reading the affixes - damn stupid and worthy of an instant death
:P

Otherwise, gloom buys more than enough time to gain the damage dealt back or alternatively i would pop smoke screen then pump the elite pack with two cluster arrow shots

Sure, the affix can be annoying at times, but its manageable

Besides, i think the risk of death makes the game a little bit more exciting - even for a softcore player
^^
Reply Quote

You don't have to gloom all the time, you just have to be smart about when you do.

And i hate waller mobs. Its not that they're in any way hard, its that half the fight you spend simply trying to get a clear shot to shoot or lay down spike traps.

True, but you do need to gloom most of the time you are hitting them, especially if you have very high dps. Sure, you can get in a few hits and let your life drop and then gloom to fill it up, I do that all the time. I was more alluding to the fact that it is possible to gear/spec so that you can permanently gloom which makes reflect mobs trivial.

That is the reason I hate wallers also, especially in tight areas, sometimes it is just hard to be able to hit them and it is frustrating spending a long time killing a pack that is trivially easy. However, they can be challenging when paired with other affixes like arcane because sometimes you can get trapped in a wall and be unable to escape from an arcane beam or desecrate arcane waller for example.
Reply Quote
I agree with Merlin of the Waller Affix being a lot more annoying haha.
Reply Quote
I run with Shadow Power without Gloom, 520 LoH, 52% cc, and Night Stalker. As long as I take a little care, I can generate enough discipline through crits to spam Shadow Power, which soaks most of the reflected damage. Caveat: I'm strafing at lower mp, which is about all I can afford with my current gear. But it seems to work fine.
Reply Quote
Shadowpower Gloom reduces more dmg then reflect even does to you, and you heal yourself.....so does sentry with the shield, god damn kids quit crying and l2p. so many options loh actually get armor and res, i focused having like 500-600 res and over 4k armor first now in getting up past 100 soon, and imo i have noob gear.....why so bad? reflct like never kills me
Reply Quote
No shadow power, no gloom, just working the edges and evade and fire tactics. MfD and target the NON reflective ones. A bit of a work out, but I'm pretty satisfied with my results

Its the waller mortar vortex combos that really screw with my head
Edited by Agarath#1487 on 1/5/2013 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]