Diablo® III

Diablo 3 , Error 3

i have exactly some problem cannot log in to D3 only get error 3 and all what i try dont help...
Reply Quote
I can connect to the Asia server and Europe server just fine, but when I try to connect to the Americas, I just get error 3. Don't have a windows computer or authenticator, either, so I'm not quite sure on this issue.
Reply Quote
Seems this is the middle man attack, do a virus scan and redo the authenticator on your account.

I had to do this in order to fix mine, as I couldnt even log into BNET. I just made sure to do the switch fast
Reply Quote
Hi guys wanted to share here.

Ive been having this problem for 2 days now.

I tried to login to the other servers, I was able to login to Europe but i cant login to the americas i still get error 3 when trying to login at the americas so fail

i tried creating a new admin and again error 3 so another fail

i tried changing my password again error 3 so fail

i tried removing the battlenet sms again fail

but when I tried entering a new contact information..there it fixed it..i suggest you guys try doing that it might fix it but no promises
Reply Quote
Confirmed, changing contact number will get rid of the Error 3.
Reply Quote
ok I figured out how to fix the problem go to your authenticator and resinc it then log in
Reply Quote
I've been having this issue this morning, when I was able to login just fine up until last night.

I've tried all the suggestions made by the blue, but I still can't log on.
Reply Quote
guys... seriously... blizzard... with fokkin billions in the bank... cant you fix a bug like this..error 3 is rediculus patch it away.. is ther a garantee it wont come on the next patch??? got other things to do then edit your errors..
Reply Quote
Confirmed! I've just updated my contact information (my address, by filling up the * section).
Then i can login again.

No joke :)
Edited by DioMeDes#6422 on 12/7/2012 3:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
its insane that we need to go through this process to get into a game. The DUMBEST computer person should be able to log in. this is BS
Reply Quote
Hi, I've tried everything from the first page of this thread and nothing's worked so far. I get stuck after entering my authenticator with Error 3. I can log in to my Battle.net account online just fine, and messing with the cache and such hasn't helped me.

I would be very thankful if someone were to assist me.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Kantei,

Whatever you do ...DON'T remove the Authenticator until you know your PC is free of malware.

Being able to log in to Account Mgt on the web site but not able to get into the game is one huge symptom of the malware issue.

There is malware out there that will block the authenticator from sending the code to Blizzard when you try to log in to the game. It tries to trick you into removing the the Authenticator and then you get compromised. See these threads here from today for more proof:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415493336
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415603369?page=2#26 (has some info on possible names of malware)

Try to rule that out:

1. Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
2. Ensure you have a decent and up to date virus scanner (Microsoft Security Essentials (XP/Vista) or Microsoft Defender are free and often recommended.
3. Ensure both programs have up to date definitions
4. Boot the PC into safe mode
5. Load the game and type gibberish into the login fields. (some malware only activates at that time)
6. Run a FULL scan using Malwarebytes (not the quick scan)
7. When done, run a FULL scan using MSE or another good virus scanner.

This hurts nothing, and is a great troubleshooting step. The last thing you would want is a compromised game account due to malware if you take your Auth off. We have seen it happening a lot lately.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 12/20/2012 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you!

Would the scans get rid of the malware? As in, after the scan, would I be able to get past the authenticator?
Edited by Kantei#1392 on 12/20/2012 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
It depends on what your scanner finds. If you read the second thread I posted you can see the struggles another player went through on this and it took him several tries to get rid of the malware. In the mean time he had taken off his authenticator, put another one on, taken it off..etc. Only when he got rid of the malware was he able to log in...so that makes me think you will be able to as well.

Once you ensure your PC is clean, you will also want to change your email and game passwords (as well as anything else important).

If you are VERY sure your PC is clean and you still get the same error, that would be the time to try re-syching the mobile app or putting in a ticket to ask the keychain be resynched.
Reply Quote
I have tried everithing, every "solution" The game still not works.
Please, help me ! Im f*** fed up with this. :((
Reply Quote
Submitted an error 3 report today.

Thing is, I can't log into battle.net at all, I get the "Authentication Code Not Valid" using mobile authenticator, plus can't log into D3. Tried all the suggestions and nothing working.

I Can see the account that's locked out and hasn't logged into D3 in 4 months, which is accurate, so I know it's not compromised.

(Posting this from a different account)...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
AgentNut,

Did you resync the authenticator yet? How about running a Malware scanner. There seems to be some new malware possibly circulating that prevents an account using an authenticator from completing the logon. Users in the course of troubleshooting may remove the authenticator which can result in the account being stolen as it's no longer protected. This is not considered a Man in the Middle trojan, it's something else as the auth code is not being hijacked.

I believe Malwarebytes has been successful in detecting it so I'd run that at a minimum.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

The free trial is sufficient. Be sure to update it before running and do a full scan, not the short one.
Edited by Omrakos on 12/27/2012 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
I had a problem with my authenticator but i called Blizzard with skype.
They answered me in a few seconds and they fixed my problem in a minute.
+1 to Blizzard
Reply Quote
AgentNut,

Did you resync the authenticator yet? How about running a Malware scanner. There seems to be some new malware possibly circulating that prevents an account using an authenticator from completing the logon. Users in the course of troubleshooting may remove the authenticator which can result in the account being stolen as it's no longer protected. This is not considered a Man in the Middle trojan, it's something else as the auth code is not being hijacked.

I believe Malwarebytes has been successful in detecting it so I'd run that at a minimum.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

The free trial is sufficient. Be sure to update it before running and do a full scan, not the short one.

Hi Omrakos,

Yes, I ran a full scan with Malwarebytes using the instruction from MissCheeta. Found nothing. Also, have resynched the authenticator multiple times and still nothing. I've seen other people reporting that they are only locked out of diablo 3, but can still log into battle.net. Whereas we are unable to log into D3 or battle.net at all.

Can you guys re-set the authenticator or tell if there have been any account changes?

(again, since we cannot log in with his account at all, I'm posting this from mine.)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
AgentNut,

We have no way to reset a Mobile Authenticator, that's done in the app itself. We can only do it for standalone models.

Since it's giving you an "Authentication Code Not Valid" message, I'd have to go with that being the problem. Contact our Billing Department (by phone) and have them work with you. I'd have them remove the authenticator while you're talking to them and then re-adding it right away.

This article will lead you through the process.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]