Diablo® III

Dataminer for Haunted

90 Night Elf Hunter
I know I know, this seems like such a cop out, but I'm legitimately asking if this guy has been bugged since a recent patch?

I see lots of people have found him, but I'm curious if someone has seen him since 1.0.3 or the recent hot fixes. I've been doing lots of rare spawn or low % achievements lately, but this has become absurd. I don't know how many runs through the crypts I've done, but it's several hundred. I managed to do "Wheel of Misfortune" in far less reasonable time, and the RNG involved to get all that is far worse than ONE unique spawning.

Even with several friend helping look and million gold bounties on his head, nobody can seem to find him.

So, long and short, is this guy current bugged? If so, cool, I'll do something else for a while, but it would be nice to know if I'm working on an impossibility; something akin to Battlefield reports

Has anyone seen him since patch/hot fix X?

Thanks!

-DC
Reply Quote
I have also yet to see him after my share of a few hundred runs. Something tells me he may be bugged but no one has really said anything about it as of late. If you are able to find out the truth, please let me know. Thanks.

EDIT: Spawned him in the Jar of Souls map after a few attempts, AWESOME!
Edited by JustKietting#1679 on 7/1/2012 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am doing right now my 30th run on that part and nothing.
Reply Quote
I found him Yesterday. It was my first encounter with him in 30-40 runs, so his spawning rate is very very low
gl
Reply Quote
Yes you can find him in 1.0.3. I did 2 days ago. He's always in Jar of Souls tileset, check the whole thing.
Reply Quote
i found him on 6/26, which is after 1.0.3 was released i assume?

07/02/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Meera
I am doing right now my 30th run on that part and nothing.

don't be surprised if you don't find him even after your 300th run
Reply Quote
INFERNO MODE

I have the infamous DATAMINER open in game if anyone is interested. 7:06 PM FRIDAY PST

ACCEPTING TIPS!
Reply Quote
after weeks of searching i still havent found him
Reply Quote
found him today in a co op game 6/10/2012 lower part of the defiled crypt(jar of souls ), u dont have to kill it to get the achiev, just hit it. so u can share the achiev.
Reply Quote
Superstition post.
Reply Quote
Worked. :)

Be advised that while Dataminer did appear in the fake crypt instance, he did not appear during the Jar of Souls event. He was in the next room before I even started the event. Meaning, he can appear anywhere in the dungeon.

Good hunting...
Reply Quote
Can this be done in any difficulty or only found in inferno?
Reply Quote
AGoodJoke,
He can appear in any difficulty, but he is one of the rarest spawn.
He only spawns in the crypt with the Jar Of Souls event.
It took me about 150 runs to get him.
Reply Quote
Confirmed, found Dataminer in Jar of Souls crypt after 1.0.8
Reply Quote
Confirmed, thread from June 2012 necro-ed. (and necro-ed again, and again... let's let this die!)
Reply Quote
HAS ANYONE FOUND THIS GUY LATELY IT'S 12/26/13 AND I WAS HOPING I'D GET THIS SPAWN FOR CHRISTMAS BUT TO NO AVAIL
Reply Quote
yes, he still exists. he's just very rare. i just got him a couple weeks ago.

good luck :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]