Diablo® III

Banning Linux Users For Using Linux...Really?

It's funny that you use an operating system that requires you to run a program to be like another operating system.
fail program
07/03/2012 03:58 AMPosted by BLATBLATBLAT
It's funny that you use an operating system that requires you to run a program to be like another operating system.
I suppose to those users, it's worth it for one reason or another. Just like it isn't worth it to me for other reasons =)
"Well I've had Diablo running on my FreeBSD machine now for a couple of weeks and have a level 53 Wizard. "

from the wine forum, 1. post that claims to be banned.

If he acutally just has one char with lvl53!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you ACUTALLY think he bottet?

srsly? how could a fckn BOTTER not even have a lvl60 after a FEW WEEKS!

i mean he could still be lying, but if i lost geared lvl60 char i would write so and not claim to only having lost a lvl53....
You deserve what you got period.
Microsoft is behind all this. They started the flamewar so perhaps more people would buy Windows.

*Tinfoil hat [ON]*

thanks made my day :D
07/03/2012 02:33 AMPosted by DutchBasterd
IF they ban some1

I think everyone who spells "someone" as above, should be banned anyway.

ok so everyone who uses:

inb4, 4 as a replacement for "for", 2 for "to", u for "you", or ANY other commonly used internet abbreviation should be banned according to you?

have u ever been 2 t3h internets before? LMFAO

Sir, u just made my day! :D

I havent read such a dumb post in years (and that says alot...)
I run a dual-boot pc, and I use only windows for playing, but nonetheless why not offering support for linux, or letting the poor souls play the game they bought?

Things like the humble indie bundle prove us that people running Linux, although a minority, are willing to pay for the games they like, and usually they're proactive so they're a useful addition to the community. And I guess I'm not the only one here that thinks that Blizzard wants to build a community here.
I run a dual-boot pc, and I use only windows for playing, but nonetheless why not offering support for linux, or letting the poor souls play the game they bought?

Things like the humble indie bundle prove us that people running Linux, although a minority, are willing to pay for the games they like, and usually they're proactive so they're a useful addition to the community. And I guess I'm not the only one here that thinks that Blizzard wants to build a community here.
Do you even know what they mean by not supporterd? Presumably not i will enlighten you.

When they say they do not support Linux, that means if you have an issue with the game not working right on Linux, they won't provide support fixing that issue.
IF they ban some1, they should at least have the decency to tell them exactly why.

"we found 3rd party software on your computer, thats why u got banned and now gtfo" does NOT qualify for that imo..

99% of the people that get banned KNOW why they got banned.

07/03/2012 01:19 AMPosted by Eustacia
Really, catching the cheaters but not letting them know how they got caught is smart.

This guy is right. Why would you tell them EXACTLY what they did? So they can have a jump start on getting a new cheat up and running?
That amount of fail that resulted in D3 being launched is astounding. Blizzard's reputation has been forever tarnished by this game.
Not related to WINE or Linux, but something I noticed:

07/03/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Piou
I make Starcraft VODs on youtube and i need a licence from Blizzard to monetize my content.

I've looked into this for a website I work at and discussed it with a few others including a tame lawyer that is former staff at the site.

You do not need a licence from Blizzard in this instance as the content you are monetizing is the VOD part of it which is created by you, you are adding additional value to the replay. If you were just posting videos of replays to YouTube without doing anything else and monetizing them, then you would need Blizzards permission.
07/03/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Neravine
You deserve what you got period.

The drone is strong in this one.
I'm just going to copy+paste what I told my friend when she linked me this thread:

Wow.

I love how Linux users tend to know way more about tech, yet they're doing absolutely nothing to understand what might be going on.

Wine uses all kinds of replicas of Windows's DLL files and naturally there's going to be a whole lot of unexpected internal behaviour, and naturally it will be next to impossible for Warden to tell whether that's a hack or Wine's work.

With that said: Let's just whine the crap out of everybody and tell Blizzard to "change their attitude" because they are obviously doing this on purpose.

Sure they have to do something to fix this, but this whining... it's pathetic. :|
The WINErs are whining? Ah... a pun I have made.
I'm quitting this game before I become a serial killer

Sure they have to do something to fix this, but this whining... it's pathetic. :|

So is not reading the blue post or understanding it. It isn't Linux users whining right now. We aren't banned. This is the usual crowd. Nonstop crybaby "gamers".
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]